News Items - bonkers

faraway saint

11 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

With respect Ricky, that’s bollocks. I don’t agree with many things that FS posts and am aware that, at best, he can be contrary…..you, however, drag the same rubbish (in your superior manner (unworthy or otherwise)) into every thread. I do believe that on occasion you add value to the forum with your thoughts/opinions/anecdotes but you cheapen all of your contributions with your inane baiting and incessant trolling drivel. 

Opinions Wee Bud. Opinions. Always welcome but You miss my point.

I give likes to FS but also disagree with him quite often and always disagree when he puts people down whoever they may be - which he does with regularity. In other words, I am even handed but all you or others will see is when I disagree or take him to task.

Am I intemperate with him? I can be but that works both ways.  I suggest that you put me on ignore and avoid my contributions. 

• 5 weeks later...

Euthanasia..................a current story about an elderly gentleman who. with is wife's wishes, agreed to end her life.

That, IMO, isn't an entirely bad thing, depending on the circumstances in many cases could be better than a life that is not worth living.

The big issue I have with this is that the husband cut his wife's throat. :wacko:

Without Googling, I don't want that in my search history, there must be a less "brutal" way to end this woman's life? 

He also tried to kill himself but failed.

He received a 2 year suspended jail sentence. 

More details below. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/21/man-73-cut-wife-throat-suicide-pact-cleared-murder-manchester-graham-mansfield

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Euthanasia..................a current story about an elderly gentleman who. with is wife's wishes, agreed to end her life.

That, IMO, isn't an entirely bad thing, depending on the circumstances in many cases could be better than a life that is not worth living.

The big issue I have with this is that the husband cut his wife's throat. :wacko:

Without Googling, I don't want that in my search history, there must be a less "brutal" way to end this woman's life? 

More details below. 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2022/jul/21/man-73-cut-wife-throat-suicide-pact-cleared-murder-manchester-graham-mansfield

Jeez , cutting her throat !!   Does seem a tad over the top 😮

Whatever happened to a pillow over the face or a wee nudge at the top of the stairs ? ……. Not that I’m planning anything you understand 😂

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Jeez , cutting her throat !!   Does seem a tad over the top 😮

Whatever happened to a pillow over the face or a wee nudge at the top of the stairs ? ……. Not that I’m planning anything you understand 😂

I did see your wife buying a nice new very soft pillow? :wink:

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

More details below. 

Whatever happened to Dignitas ? They give you cheerios for breakfast you know 

• 4 weeks later...

The world continues to show it's going mad.

A man has been appointed as "Period Dignity Officer" and the now easily predictable kafuffle has erupted.

It seems many think it's outrageous. 

I would have thought that if he's suitably qualified and can do the job there's nothing to get ones knickers in a twist.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-tayside-central-62563165

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A man has been appointed as "Period Dignity Officer" and the now easily predictable kafuffle has erupted.

I would have thought that if he's suitably qualified and can do the job there's nothing to get ones knickers in a twist.

The SNP are going to lose a lot of women voters because of this type of stunt. They seem to have gambled on a woke agenda which is in direct conflict with women’s rights. I know two of my female colleagues have lost faith in the SNP because of these issues. It’s a big gamble.....

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

A women appointee would have been more appropriate imo.

2 hours ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, Rascal said:
A women appointee would have been more appropriate imo.

The best candidate for the job would be the most appropriate, irrespective of sex, that's what equality is all about.

Now you tell me.

11 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, I'd have thought that was pretty obvious. :happyclapper

Good to know that someone else agrees. Always appreciate your thoughtful interventions and reminders. It would turn the mantra of best person (can I use the term person) for the job on it’s head admittedly).

Racist and sexist? 
076BFB75-FC10-415D-A7E6-3E8BB0FECC4E.thumb.jpeg.bd98073c0fbe3fc27699655444db123f.jpeg
Like everything else, it should be "best person for the job". If all the best people turn out to be white, heterosexual, christian men, then so be it. If they all turn out to be black, homosexual, atheist women, then so be it also. Or should about 3% of RAF pilots have sight loss/be blind?

aye but, aye but, naw.

If it was a job to enable short people to be better represented, then it would (surely, undeniably) be better that someone who is 6 foot 7 inches doesn’t get the job?  

No matter how short-adjacent a tall candidate feels themselves to be - a reality check should kick in.

If it is for better acceptance of black culture to be promoted, I wouldn’t hire someone who had produced the Black and White Minstrel Show or was a founder member of the National Front.

There is obviously a MAJOR problem in how the Scottish Government and its leader perceives the “qualifications” for someone to understand “period problems”.

A man is simply never the right answer. It's not simply about being “appropriate”… I’m guessing it's about which wanker framed the job description.  It would be a male wanker.  In both senses of the word, “Wanker”.

I'm in agreement with fartaway… which demonstrates how utterly stupid this decision must be.

aye but, aye but, naw.
If it was a job to enable short people to be better represented, then it would (surely, undeniably) be better that someone who is 6 foot 7 inches doesn’t get the job?  
No matter how short-adjacent a tall candidate feels themselves to be - a reality check should kick in.
If it is for better acceptance of black culture to be promoted, I wouldn’t hire someone who had produced the Black and White Minstrel Show or was a founder member of the National Front.
There is obviously a MAJOR problem in how the Scottish Government and its leader perceives the “qualifications” for someone to understand “period problems”.
A man is simply never the right answer. It's not simply about being “appropriate”… I’m guessing it's about which wanker framed the job description.  It would be a male wanker.  In both senses of the word, “Wanker”.

I'm in agreement with fartaway… which demonstrates how utterly stupid this decision must be.

What if the only suitably qualified people to apply for the job were all over 6ft?

I doubt a founder member of the NF would be "the best person" for that job.

What if the guy, eh, "used to be" a woman?

I don't think it's a Scottish government position, is it? A couple of colleges and a couple of local councils, I think.

I think you're actually disagreeing with him.

7 hours ago, Slarti said:

If the only applicants are all too tall for a short job, then the application process and framing of what is more appropriate needs to be finessed and the process restarted - same as it should be for this job.  I don’t think a tall person would be “best suited” for it.

I did look at that bbc report on it and I don’t believe the guy used to be a woman, however…

“Mr Grant previously worked as an account manager with Imperial Tobacco.

He then became a personal trainer with his own business and was recently a wellbeing officer for Dundee and Angus College.”

So…. he happily worked to flog tobacco products before he set himself up to sell health, so it appears that he can actually shape-shift.   :rolleyes:

but…

My Bad…  in that I only read albionsaint’s comment and a fragment of fartaway’s post that albionsaint quoted.  It IS NOT an SNP decision, but that of a local east coast grouping.  I was wrong in my assumption.

It's still a stupid and inappropriate hiring.  It needs a reset.

It’s a relief to confirm that fartaway would support stupid and inappropriate.  :)

• 2 weeks later...