Murray Campbell

• 1 year later...

Seems to be strange playing for Scotland U17 this previously linked to EPL clubs but can't get near 1st team squads thisyear after making afew squads last year, have I missed something, as thought a few Academy players would have been added to 1st team squad or at least been in B team squad for games like tonight

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

26 minutes ago, golf buddie said:

Seems to be strange playing for Scotland U17 this previously linked to EPL clubs but can't get near 1st team squads thisyear after making afew squads last year, have I missed something, as thought a few Academy players would have been added to 1st team squad or at least been in B team squad for games like tonight

Sent from my SM-S901B using Tapatalk

Left st mirren a while ago.

• 1 month later...

Who could Burnley sign despite the transfer window being closed?

According to TEAMtalk, Burnley have broken through to strike a deal with Scottish Premiership side St Mirren to sign talented young centre-back Murray Campbell, who is seen as a 'potential star in the making' at Turf Moor, subject to international clearance.
Interest in Campbell has been high-profile over recent times and it is believed that Burnley have stolen a march on the likes of Tottenham Hotspur, Wolverhampton Wanderers and Crystal Palace to bring the 17-year-old to England.

Born in 2006, Campbell has been capped five times at Scotland Under-18 level and has also been courted by Sky Bet Championship side Leicester City in the past, as per The Daily Record.

Murray signed for Burnley just before the transfer window closed (even though technically he could have gone after that date as a free agent).

The two clubs agreed a fee that was less than his development compensation would have been, but we've retained a future sell on interest as is the norm these days.

David Longwell is at Burnley now, hence the interest.