Motherwell v Saint Mirren 27 October 21

Rascal

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

RIGHT

OUT

OF

JAIL!

That said it’s so annoying. Motherwell we’re rubbish and we decide to turn in our worst performance in ages.

I suppose under the circumstances we just have to be grateful for a point. We didn’t deserve anything more from the game, but still frustrating because Motherwell were so rubbish.

What a bizarre take. We were by far and away the better team save for 10 mins in the middle of the first half and 10 crazy minutes in the second half.

We deserved at least a point and controlled the vast majority of the match. We played worse in the early weeks of the season and came away with points. St. Johnstone at home a prime example.

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

These are games we would have folded and lost a few seasons ago. We can’t win every game. We are doing ok just now. Defensive mistakes are costing us no doubt. In Goody we trust. The defence will not be happy. I reckon we will see us tighten up in the next few games.

Agree with you about it's a game we would have easily lost in the past. Indeed if it hadn't been for the 'well keeper we may have taken all 3 points tonight.

Anyway on to Saturday, Dundee are for the taking. RC play hibs who are in freefall and Motherwell host rangers on Sunday so could be top 6!!!

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As would I, sadly it wasn’t to be. In through necessity I imagine. Good to see Mccalister have such a great game though, caused problems, smart passing, strong crossing & runs. 

I thought McAllister was really good tonight actually. Gave away next to nothing, always looking to make things happen and constantly looking dangerous. A far cry from the Kyle we've known and become frustrated with last couple of years.

3 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

I thought McAllister was really good tonight actually. Gave away next to nothing, always looking to make things happen and constantly looking dangerous. A far cry from the Kyle we've known and become frustrated with last couple of years.

Completely agree, almost every ball into the box looked dangerous & he was spraying passes we have missed this season at times. 

19 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Never a penalty and didn't look like a re-take (looked like right his foot was still on the line) but we'll take it. 14 points from the first round of games is a great return.

Both penalties in the game were stonewall IMO.

Re-take correct by rules of the game but the off the line rule is applied pretty inconsistently. 

4 hours ago, elvis said:

Game is going to be an absolute lottery conditions will make sure of that 3-0 Motherwell.

2 hours ago, elvis said:

f**k sake I said 3 might be more

2 hours ago, elvis said:

Told yous Sunday was the start of another winless streak.

Didn’t know the FT result when I clicked onto this thread and started a few minutes ago.

relaxed and knew all would be well, when I saw elvis’s predictions. 

ta, elvis.   :)

Someone on FB page put this pic which shows we got away with one tonight….. but we’ll take it ,thank you very much .    Btw , not my pic and don’t want to namecheck the individual without his permission, it was taken from the St.Mirren supporters FB page. 

3EE8982B-566F-4A99-ADBB-8B0634F10908.jpeg

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

RIGHT

OUT

OF

JAIL!

That said it’s so annoying. Motherwell we’re rubbish and we decide to turn in our worst performance in ages.

I suppose under the circumstances we just have to be grateful for a point. We didn’t deserve anything more from the game, but still frustrating because Motherwell were so rubbish.

Jezzo mate what game were you watching tonight, certainly couldn't have been the same game I was..

14 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Someone on FB page put this pic which shows we got away with one tonight….. but we’ll take it ,thank you very much .    Btw , not my pic and don’t want to namecheck the individual without his permission, it was taken from the St.Mirren supporters FB page. 

Looks a fair bit before contact made with the ball & he’s already lunging forward. 

Slightly nitpicking as well but they have four players over the line into the box/ semi-circle 😂

Edited by bazil85

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Looks a fair bit before contact made with the ball & he’s already lunging forward. 

Slightly nitpicking as well but they have four players over the line into the box/ semi-circle 😂

Yes , that picture proves the retake decision was correct. GK's already in front of the line and there's encroachment , well before Brophy makes contact !

25 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Definite retake.... you can clearly see he's at least two baw hairs off his line  :whistle 

Thought Flynn and McAllister were excellent tonight considering their lack of games. I'd always have Flynn in the team amyway.

An Away point is usually ok but considering we totally dominated that game it feels like 2 points dropped.

And well done to all the Buddies who made it through the absolutely horrendous weather and gridlock traffic to cheer the team on.

A good few posts questioning my view that we got out of jail tonight on the basis that we were the better team.

First of all I don’t dispute we were the better team. That’s what make is it all the more frustrating. In fact I’d go as far as saying Motherwell were absolute dogshite and despite that, not only did we not beat them we were lucky to get a draw.

We were absolutely powder puff in a totally dominant first half. Barely created a decent chance of note.

Came out second half and gifted Motherwell 2 goals.

We only got a draw tonight because of a very soft penalty and a highly dubious decision for a retake. 

For me we can play all the fancy football in the middle of the park that we want, but if we can’t put teams away when we’re dominant and we can’t defend properly, then we’re going to achieve f**k all.

The only positive I take from tonight’s performance is that we were 2-0 down and got a point. Hence, got out of jail.

I’ll take that though.

9 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Thought Flynn and McAllister were excellent tonight considering their lack of games. I'd always have Flynn in the team amyway.

An Away point is usually ok but considering we totally dominated that game it feels like 2 points dropped.

And well done to all the Buddies who made it through the absolutely horrendous weather and gridlock traffic to cheer the team on.

I thought McAllister was good too. However he needs to stop consistently cutting inside onto his left foot and getting his shots blocked. Defenders know exactly what he’s going to do.