Motherwell v St Mirren 2/4/22

Motherwell showed great fighting spirit when a man down against Hibs in the cup. We appear to be a team easily bullied which shouldn’t be the case with guys like Power and Gogic in our side. 
let’s hope that the message gets across to the players that this is a must win game as this could give us a little momentum going into the last few games. With top six looking increasingly unlikely we don’t want to give St Johnstone an opportunity to make ground on us as I don’t fancy us if we get sucked back down to a play off place

Last chance saloon for this one. With any luck the break next weekend will help us get things sorted on the training ground. 

The first half yesterday showed that we can play, but its all about doing that for 90 minutes week in week out. 

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Last chance saloon for this one. With any luck the break next weekend will help us get things sorted on the training ground. 

The first half yesterday showed that we can play, but its all about doing that for 90 minutes week in week out. 

Let's not forget the Hearts game, aye we conceded 4 but played more than decent.

I'm a realist, I try to leave the sentimental shite to one side, and while, overall, I've been slightly disappointed this is another season we're safe, despite a few trying hard to drag into some fantasy of a relegation battle, and been chapping at the door of top six.

You only have to go back to previous seasons to see where were then. 

10 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was kinda hoping that some smart arse with too much time on their hands and who is much less lazy than me would have examined the last two sets of fixtures and come up with likely outcomes. 
I demand to know why this hasn’t happened yet. If I I have to do it myself there will be trouble I tells ye. 

Easy lose and lose that's for the last 7

On 3/20/2022 at 5:41 PM, faraway saint said:

Let's not forget the Hearts game, aye we conceded 4 but played more than decent.

I'm a realist, I try to leave the sentimental shite to one side, and while, overall, I've been slightly disappointed this is another season we're safe, despite a few trying hard to drag into some fantasy of a relegation battle, and been chapping at the door of top six.

You only have to go back to previous seasons to see where were then. 

A reasonable summary and I agree but the unexpected could yet happen and although highly unlikely we make it to the top six. Don’t see us joining the bottom two. I don’t bet and if I did then I wouldn’t bet on top six but a highly competitive season with ups and downs but so far with fewer losses than games won and drawn.

11 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I was kinda hoping that some smart arse with too much time on their hands and who is much less lazy than me would have examined the last two sets of fixtures and come up with likely outcomes. 
I demand to know why this hasn’t happened yet. If I I have to do it myself there will be trouble I tells ye. 

In my totally unbiased predictions………..

6 points…….

sellic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Livy

4 points………

St Mirren

Dundee Utd

1 point…….

Hibs

sevco

0 points……..

Dundee

St J

Ross Co

M’well

If I’ve worked it out correctly this would leave us in 7th place

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

6 points…….

sellic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Livy

4 points………

St Mirren

Dundee Utd

1 point…….

Hibs

sevco

0 points……..

Dundee

St J

Ross Co

M’well

As we were last season at that point.

2 hours ago, HSS said:

6 points…….

sellic

Aberdeen

Hearts

Livy

4 points………

St Mirren

Dundee Utd

1 point…….

Hibs

sevco

0 points……..

Dundee

St J

Ross Co

M’well

I suppose it might be helpful that two of our rivals have derby matches in their last two games. Hopefully Hearts should beat Hibs and if Dundee are ever going to win a game it might be in a derby match against United. 
One simple fact I think I have worked out is that if Hibs and Livi both win their next match, we’re f**ked unless we beat Rangers 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I suppose it might be helpful that two of our rivals have derby matches in their last two games. Hopefully Hearts should beat Hibs and if Dundee are ever going to win a game it might be in a derby match against United. 
One simple fact I think I have worked out is that if Hibs and Livi both win their next match, we’re f**ked unless we beat Rangers 

Correct. To avoid that we needed to at least have drawn against United. If only ………..

A draw could do, depending on other results obviously, even if hibs and livi both win their next game.

Mathematically, a win against Motherwell is almost certainly needed. I say "almost" as I can't be arsed working it out.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

A draw could do, depending on other results obviously, even if hibs and livi both win their next game.

Mathematically, a win against Motherwell is almost certainly needed. I say "almost" as I can't be arsed working it out.

Nah I think we’d be f**ked on GD if we only got a draw off Rangers, unless of course there was a monumental GD swing. 

Nah I think we’d be f**ked on GD if we only got a draw off Rangers, unless of course there was a monumental GD swing. 
If (if, if, IF) Dundee beat Aberdeen, Hearts beat RC, then they draw with each other and United lose both games, then a win and a draw for us should see us above United, Aberdeen, Motherwell and RC (and also Livi, if they only pick up 1 point) on points - I think.

Ok. I admit it. I don’t drink. I don’t smoke and I don’t bet and my wife doesn’t allow me to go with other women! What joy can I possibly have in life? Wait…I enjoy football. I enjoy watching St Mirren and boy do I love competitive matches. This promises to be one. Be there is my advice.