Motherwell v St Mirren 2/4/22

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

You said that about Goodwin earlier this season. :lol:

He actually was on a shoogly peg though mate, he was close to being bagged when we were on that run, we had sounded out McInnes then he turned it around.

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

If we keep him I hope he turns it around but I won’t lose sleep if he’s sacked in the morning.   

We can’t afford to sack him. We really needed to hit top 6 to reduce the financial pressure on the club.

Just now, JJ McG said:

He actually was on a shoogly peg though mate, he was close to being bagged when we were on that run, we had sounded out McInnes then he turned it around.

I'm aware of the circumstances at the time mate, just need to hope we can get a wee bit of form before the end of the season, although not many games left. 

It’s certainly very strange the unbelievable turn around under Robinson. I’m not saying we were world beaters under Goodwin, but we were pretty solid and winning a few games. It’s completely fallen to pieces. 
As for today, we totally shat it. All the other results went just about as well as we could’ve expected. Unfortunately we didn’t even come close to doing our bit. 
I didn’t think the play off was even remotely possible for us, but a combination of only a 6 point gap and this abject form has got me a wee bit worried now. 
Thank f**k St. Johnstone are away to Celtic next week. 

2 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

We can’t afford to sack him. We really needed to hit top 6 to reduce the financial pressure on the club.

That’s not true, we are in one of the strongest financial positions of any team in the top flight. Everyone is struggling to an extent after the pandemic but they confirmed at the AGM things aren’t as bad as some fans made out. 

Like with Stubbs & Rae, if his form continues, it will get to the point where we can’t afford to keep him. 

Just now, northstbuddie said:

IF we had won that today we would have been sitting 5th instead of Motherwell.

Our defence let us down today.

Unlike some on here, I thought Erhahon was one of our better players today.

Unless he played like Messi in the first 25 minutes that I didn’t see, then I can’t even begin to agree with that mate. I thought he was absolutely honking. Consistently gave the ball away and then didn’t look arsed about trying to win it back. 

Goodwin took a team that finished 11th in the premier league to 9th, to 7th & left them in a points per game position of 5th (maybe even 4th) 
All teams go through poor runs but they also go through good runs which Goodwin was on when we left. 

That team today were absolutely dire & it wasn’t just the performance, there was no passion & little interest. 

If we keep him I hope he turns it around but I won’t lose sleep if he’s sacked in the morning.   

So Goodwin had time to turn things around and improve us.

Robinson deserves the same support.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Unless he played like Messi in the first 25 minutes that I didn’t see, then I can’t even begin to agree with that mate. I thought he was absolutely honking. Consistently gave the ball away and then didn’t look arsed about trying to win it back. 

Yes he was poor but not as bad as Fraser or Tait our centre backs have no chance with those 2 outside them 

They said the same of Stark and McLean.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

So Goodwin had time to turn things around and improve us.

Robinson deserves the same support.

I’m all for giving a manager time, Goodwin did need a bit of time at the start of his St Mirren career. But we never looked anything like as bad or disinterested under Goodwin as we have done the last two matches.

You’d argue black is white when it comes to me. You’ve got a massive chip on your shoulder whenever you engage in my posts because of how our previous comments have went. It’s actually embarrassing how you let it control you so much.  

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Was well off the game , been the same anytime this season he’s been involved , not the only one by any means though.

2 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Poor looking team, lose today and a st Johnstone win and it’s squeaky bum time.

Are you a fortune teller JJ?

This could have been 6-4 to Well or with black and white glasses on 5-5. Both defences were poor. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I’m all for giving a manager time, Goodwin did need a bit of time at the start of his St Mirren career. But we never looked anything like as bad or disinterested under Goodwin as we have done the last two matches.

You’d argue black is white when it comes to me. You’ve got a massive chip on your shoulder whenever you engage in my posts because of how our previous comments have went. It’s actually embarrassing how you let it control you so much.  

Serious question...  do you actually think we could sack Robinson giving he has a 3 year contract and hasn't had a transfer window ? 

My answer is NO.  he will at least be allowed the summer which at the moment is quite a scary thought as things stands.  maybe a few in the boardroom should lose their heads before him.  was always a bit of a meh signing with me and a few others 

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Are you a fortune teller JJ?

This could have been 6-4 to Well or with black and white glasses on 5-5. Both defences were poor. 

I tend to fall on the side of maybe whatever Well would have scored with decent striker to 3 if The Wolf had a bit of luck with the one off the post.

To be fair, I was expecting us to bring it back to 3-3 , we played some good attacking football in the first half and if Brophys shot had went in rather than hit the post it could have been different. I actually think we might get something out of the Sevco game next week. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

27 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Wells 4th goal killed us off but till then, we were making a game of it.

Disappointing outcome but not the end of the world.

Safety this season then roll on next season.

Like your positive view but I think we are in free fall. 

1 minute ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

To be fair, I was expecting us to bring it back to 3-3 , we played us good attacking football in the first half and if Brophys shot had went in rather than hit the post it could have been different. I actually think we might get something out of the Sevco game next week. 

Hedge your bets , clever man , do you mean a draw or a hiding?