Motherwell v St Mirren 2/4/22

Defensively we were so poor, there's a reason why we've conceded the third amount of goals in the league. You can't win matches defending like that.

"We had a great start but the first two [Motherwell] goals are literally passed into our net. If you concede four goals you don't deserve to win football matches, simple as that." .......  Yup SR can f**k off as well 

51 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, as disappointing as it's been talk of sacking is ludicrous, and would cost us a packet, never mind the damage it would do our reputation as a "revolving door" club. 

And his wife has just started her new job at kibble as mark McMillans PA bit awkward that, we’ve a new C,O,O on the way, new challenges next season and the championship is a great league to play in.

And his wife has just started her new job at kibble as mark McMillans PA bit awkward that, we’ve a new C,O,O on the way, new challenges next season and the championship is a great league to play in.
Don't dare bring Kibble into it or poor Baz will be in a spin!

Probably my fault if Kibble are to blame for anything. [emoji850]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I honestly think we could have continued with the caretaker co managers until the end of the season. 

I firmly believe that we would have secured the top 6 had we done so. 

Robinson was a very poor choice of manager given his recent record not his past record with Motherwell.

Let’s be honest Goodwin only got the Aberdeen job on the back of that wee run after the winter break and even that run had a fair few lucky results.

We have struggled most of the season and the table does not lie. 

By all accounts Jim Gillespie secured the deal for Robinson. 

Kibble out!

Boo.

1 minute ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I honestly think we could have continued with the caretaker co managers until the end of the season. 

I firmly believe that we would have secured the top 6 had we done so. 

Robinson was a very poor choice of manager given his recent record not his past record with Motherwell.

Let’s be honest Goodwin only got the Aberdeen job on the back of that wee run after the winter break and even that run had a fair few lucky results.

There was a considerable majority who posted when he was appointed they were more than happy with him.

I too am worried about ending up in a playoff given our abysmal form, but I assume we will lose next Sunday  and the Fakes will lose to the other lot at Parkhead next week.

That means assuming we get nothing else, that the Fakes would need at least two wins and a draw from the last 5 matches and four of Ross County , Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs and Motherwell are also in the s##t and are not going to lie down to St Johnstone, so I think we will be OK and Robinson should get a chance to sort things out in the close season.

I hope this does not come back to haunt me........

5 minutes ago, ianmac said:

I too am worried about ending up in a playoff given our abysmal form, but I assume we will lose next Sunday  and the Fakes will lose to the other lot at Parkhead next week.

That means assuming we get nothing else, that the Fakes would need at least two wins and a draw from the last 5 matches and four of Ross County , Aberdeen, Livingston, Hibs and Motherwell are also in the s##t and are not going to lie down to St Johnstone, so I think we will be OK and Robinson should get a chance to sort things out in the close season.

I hope this does not come back to haunt me........

Maybe two wins for them would be enough given out grim goal difference. 😬

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

That’s not true, we are in one of the strongest financial positions of any team in the top flight. Everyone is struggling to an extent after the pandemic but they confirmed at the AGM things aren’t as bad as some fans made out. 

Like with Stubbs & Rae, if his form continues, it will get to the point where we can’t afford to keep him. 

Are not as bad as some fans made out, does not mean we are in a good financial position.

I like the way you keep referring to the AGM which you previously stated you had no interest in.

Robinson roundly boo'd off the park at full-time. Not a good sign.

Thought we were terrible today except Ronan and maybe Brophy. Playing Erhahon or Main means we are a player short. As much as I have been praising McCarthy he and the rest of the defence were awful. No midfield and Fraser constanly playing the ball to Henderson's feet where he is easily outmuscled meant we had zilch on the right wing.

Motherwell are a poor team and for them to put 4 past us tells you how bad we were.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

59 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

That goes against what the Chairman spoke about at the last SMiSA meeting regarding the forecast deficit for this financial year.

Practically all clubs are running at a deficit right now as we recover from the pandemic. We’ll be fine. 

4 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Are not as bad as some fans made out, does not mean we are in a good financial position.

I like the way you keep referring to the AGM which you previously stated you had no interest in.

Don’t remember that. 

Financially, we’ll be fine. Let’s not forget we need to factor in the the doomsday, St Moan attitudes of many of the fans on this forum. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Practically all clubs are running at a deficit right now as we recover from the pandemic. We’ll be fine. 

While I appreciate you don't know EXACTLY our financial situation I would suggest sacking a manager after 5 minutes into a 3 year contact would put a serious dent in our "we'll be fine" fund. 

55 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

You flatter yourself that you imagine I care what you think... Presuming you actually think.

The 11 games without a win pre Christmas had people (I won't call them supporters) calling for Goodwin's head.

You absolutely do, it’s the only explanation for your behaviour on here. You care enough to hold a grudge despite me on multiple times saying we should put it behind us. 

Fans were calling for Goodwin’s head weeks after he joined, same for Kearney & Ross. It’s now the same for Robinson (earliest I seen was at two games in). 

That’s just some fans ridiculous nature. Goodwin’s job should (and wasn’t) never have been at risk. As games go on for the new man in charge, the calls become more and more sensible…

Don’t however confuse this with those fans making sound prediction. If someone is absolutely always pointing to the negative (Elvis a good example) by the laws of averages they’ll eventually get it right. 

36 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Don't dare bring Kibble into it or poor Baz will be in a spin!

Probably my fault if Kibble are to blame for anything. emoji850.png

Wouldn’t dare, but the fellas obviously making a long term commitment to the kibble, sorry the club, there must be a long term vision in place.

You absolutely do, it’s the only explanation for your behaviour on here. You care enough to hold a grudge despite me on multiple times saying we should put it behind us. 
Fans were calling for Goodwin’s head weeks after he joined, same for Kearney & Ross. It’s now the same for Robinson (earliest I seen was at two games in). 

That’s just some fans ridiculous nature. Goodwin’s job should (and wasn’t) never have been at risk. As games go on for the new man in charge, the calls become more and more sensible…
Don’t however confuse this with those fans making sound prediction. If someone is absolutely always pointing to the negative (Elvis a good example) by the laws of averages they’ll eventually get it right. 
Eh?
What a croc of shoite. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

You have just called yourself out for not being prepared to give the new manager time.

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

How long are you going to keep this charade about the impact of the pandemic going? 

We are into a new financial period since we came out of lockdown.

We have overspent trying to keep Top 6 Tony’s dream alive.

Decisions made by people “working” at the club have resulted in out of court settlement. 

Surely with all these improvements that Kibble and co were supposed to bring to the table we should actually be more profitable?

We have changed course significantly from when Gilmour was in charge. 

Without SMiSA funds helping the club out we would be in a worse state. 

1 minute ago, Sonny said:

Robinson roundly boo'd off the park at full-time. Not a good sign.

Thought we were terrible today except Ronan and maybe Brophy. Playing Erhahon or Main means we are a player short. As much as I have been praising McCarthy he and the rest of the defence were awful. No midfield and Fraser constanly playing the ball to Henderson's feet where he is easily outmuscled meant we had zilch on the right wing.

Motherwell are a poor team and for them to put 4 past us tells you how bad we were.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Shaughnessy was even worse than McCarthy today. Tait is never a left back and Erhahon was worse than a man down. Captain Joe should have been hooked after the first 20 minutes. He was playing  as if he was at a stag do last night. I don't know what Robinson is doing on the training ground but this isn't the same team that came back after the winter break. Yes. We were carrying a fair bit of luck through that unbeaten spell but at least we were defending as a unit.

You can hardly say he hasn’t had a chance mate. 
He has indeed had a chance.

It has shown potential.

Personally, I'm undecided.

I think that chance should be extended.... But only if the manager believes so.

Even if not, the abuse the lad has been subject to is out of order.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Have you been drinking?

We lost to a team that has been winless in 11 matches. 

When was the last time we won in the league? It is a league of average teams who are all inconsistent. They shared 5 goals, yes we lost, yes we can improve, but it was entertaining. That is what football is supposed to be. I do prefer us winning but l also watch the game to be entertained. A drink would have helped though..z

St. Mirren boss Stephen Robinson after his side's 4-2 defeat to Motherwell:

"I believe we're in a relegation scrap. We have good enough players, but unfortunately players' heads have been turned.

"I have to find a way to get results to make sure we're set for next season, then I can bring in my own players."

Jeezo. This is worrying me.