Motherwell v St Mirren 2/4/22

4 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

St. Mirren boss Stephen Robinson after his side's 4-2 defeat to Motherwell:

"I believe we're in a relegation scrap. We have good enough players, but unfortunately players' heads have been turned.

"I have to find a way to get results to make sure we're set for next season, then I can bring in my own players."

Jeezo. This is worrying me.

Those are worrying comments that have the whiff of a struggling Neil Lennon about them. Not my fault, it’s the players.  He doesn’t interview as well as Goodwin, Ross or Kearney. 
He was obviously p*ssed off with his team today but managers normally back their players publicly. 
Good chance the players that he’s already told aren’t getting their contracts renewed have their “heads turned”. 
Looks from the outside looking in that the players who were used to Goodwin’s man management style are struggling to adjust. 
Hope he knows what he’s doing, but looks like he’s planning a proper clear-out in the summer to put his “stamp on it”. 

28 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

How long are you going to keep this charade about the impact of the pandemic going? 

We are into a new financial period since we came out of lockdown.

We have overspent trying to keep Top 6 Tony’s dream alive.

Decisions made by people “working” at the club have resulted in out of court settlement. 

Surely with all these improvements that Kibble and co were supposed to bring to the table we should actually be more profitable?

We have changed course significantly from when Gilmour was in charge. 

Without SMiSA funds helping the club out we would be in a worse state. 

Gilmour left us 7th in the championship on a downward spiral from the top flight. I’m eternally grateful for all he did while here but since he left, we have progressed on the park every single season. That’s fact, since SMISA came in we haven’t seen one season (until likely now) where we haven’t finished higher up the leagues than the season before. 

Yes we are in a new financial period, that doesn’t mean impacts from previous financial periods vanish. we are no worse than most clubs at this level, in fact due to good financial spending over the course of SMISA & GLS (keeping us in the black each year until Covid) we are probably in a better position. 

I get people are angry about the performances on the park & the managerial appointment isn’t working to date but this is exactly what some of our fans do. Instead of directing their feelings and views to the actual situation, they go off on massive tangents. Clubs finances, SMISA, Kibble, staffing decisions, etc, etc. 

Yes it’s frustrating what’s going on in football terms right now but financially, the club is in no danger whatsoever, we’re fine. BOD direction, we are less than a year into the fan ownership model, Kibble & SMISA aren’t magic wanding it, things will take time & making operational changes was literally part of the selling. Point for bringing in Kibble. You have to break some eggs to make an omelette. 

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

While I appreciate you don't know EXACTLY our financial situation I would suggest sacking a manager after 5 minutes into a 3 year contact would put a serious dent in our "we'll be fine" fund. 

I imagine you’re right. Retaining a manager that gets us relegated would do far worse. 

For clarity, I am not calling for him to be sacked, just that I wouldn’t take issue if that was the decision made at this point. The performances, tactics & players attitudes on the park have me extremely nervous about this managerial appointment. Do you honestly not have the same concern? 

47 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Eh?
What a croc of shoite. emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You have just called yourself out for not being prepared to give the new manager time.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Nonsense, I’m all for giving a manager time. Robinson’s ‘time’ is fast running out. 

Nonsense, I’m all for giving a manager time. Robinson’s ‘time’ is fast running out. 
Says it all.

He is on borrowed time and rather than support him, you are judging him.

With your management experience, that's fair enough. [emoji850]

4 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

the couple of dozen folks who still post on these pages don't represent a majority of anything.

Are you still having reading lessons?

I said................There was a considerable majority who posted 

Away and gie yer self a rest and stop trying to be smart, you fail almost every time. :byebye

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I imagine you’re right. Retaining a manager that gets us relegated would do far worse. 

For clarity, I am not calling for him to be sacked, just that I wouldn’t take issue if that was the decision made at this point. The performances, tactics & players attitudes on the park have me extremely nervous about this managerial appointment. Do you honestly not have the same concern? 

:wacko:

16 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Says it all.

He is on borrowed time and rather than support him, you are judging him.

With your management experience, that's fair enough. emoji850.png

An absolute non-argument in football terms. 

Compare our Manager and his obvious disconnect with his players against our friends from Greenock who fought for every ball against Kilmarnock. Driven on by their manager on the sidelines. Granted the quality wasn’t top notch however their team spirit and togetherness meant that they could and should have beaten arguably the league’s best team.

Blood and guts are exactly what’s needed at this stage of the season.

Hate to say it but I would have loved to see that in our team. It’s sadly missing and that could be our undoing.

In the cold light of day, we were playing a team who, like ourselves, were in free fall. I think they hadn’t won a game this year? A significant day for both sides and that three points have made a massive difference. 
unfortunately I feel we are going to end up in a playoff which was inconceivable about a month ago.
I am loathe to put this on the manager but his comments after the game are bizarre on so many levels. I can’t imagine how he thinks he can keep the players onside and motivated. He says what he likes and likes what he says and totally different, as someone pointed out earlier, to previous managers. 
so many things have happened both with the team and behind the scenes recently which adds to worrying times. 
We have scored two goals in each of our last two away games, coming from behind but end up with a 4-2 defeat (trying to find a wee positive there)

Once again, as on many previous top flight seasons, we are looking over our shoulders….. 

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"I’m all for giving a manager time. Robinson’s ‘time’ is fast running out."

You have already judged him rather than support him.

No surprise.

You are no "supporter"!

Again, you’d argue black is white. You’re embarrassing yourself. 

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

"I’m all for giving a manager time. Robinson’s ‘time’ is fast running out."

You have already judged him rather than support him.

No surprise.

You are no "supporter"!

I support St Mirren. This guy Robinson was the wrong choice in my opinion. It was a rushed decision and looks to have cost us significant money in league placings or in the top division.

I honestly think I could have taken charge of that team and had us higher up in the league. 

He has done nothing positive so far on and off the field. 

You don’t tell players under contract that they are surplus to requirements unless you are in a position of strength in the table and your league status is preserved.

Players should have been given an opportunity to impress by performances on field. No contracts should have been discussed until we were secure in the knowledge of the division we were playing in.

St Johnstone will believe they can catch the teams above. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

I support St Mirren. This guy Robinson was the wrong choice in my opinion. It was a rushed decision and looks to have cost us significant money in league placings or in the top division.
I honestly think I could have taken charge of that team and had us higher up in the league. 
He has done nothing positive so far on and off the field. 
You don’t tell players under contract that they are surplus to requirements unless you are in a position of strength in the table and your league status is preserved.
Players should have been given an opportunity to impress by performances on field. No contracts should have been discussed until we were secure in the knowledge of the division we were playing in.
St Johnstone will believe they can catch the teams above. They have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
I have no idea if he is the right or wrong choice.

I too question his approach so far.

I'm not privy to the goings on behind the scenes though. Are you?

He will fail or succeed by his decisions.

I wish him well and support him because if HE does well, WE do well.

I must be alone in enjoying the ups and downs of this season. So many teams within touching distance of finishing in the top six….including us. Being 4th during the Dundee United game and 5th during the game today at one point. Going on good runs, going on bad runs and others doing the same. Losing a popular manager when we did. Filling the position with a manager who had taken a team further in the cup and higher in the league than JG. So now we have the nervous excitement of concerning ourselves about avoiding being in the bottom two. Every game means something. This is how a competitive league is supposed to function is it not? Today’s game was a our season in microcosm. Some very good, some good, some bad and some awful but all St Mirren striving to achieve. Buckle up guys as the going is likely to be bumpy till the end of the season. Thought for the day: Give the new manager a chance. He isn’t going to be sacked any time soon but players will move on and new ones come in to wear our black and white strips. COYS

I must be alone in enjoying the ups and downs of this season. So many teams within touching distance of finishing in the top six….including us. Being 4th during the Dundee United game and 5th during the game today at one point. Going on good runs, going on bad runs and others doing the same. Losing a popular manager when we did. Filling the position with a manager who had taken a team further in the cup and higher in the league than JG. So now we have the nervous excitement of concerning ourselves about avoiding being in the bottom two. Every game means something. This is how a competitive league is supposed to function is it not? Today’s game was a our season in microcosm. Some very good, some good, some bad and some awful but all St Mirren striving to achieve. Buckle up guys as the going is likely to be bumpy till the end of the season. Thought for the day: Give the new manager a chance. He isn’t going to be sacked any time soon but players will move on and new ones come in to wear our black and white strips. COYS
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Just watched the highlights.

Why the hell are we wearing an Aberdeen type strip ?

We are playing Motherwell where there's no colour clash.

We should be wearing black and white stripes.

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Why is that good ? We win 6 on bounce you disappear... youre just a twat who dwells in defeat...which says far more about you than a provisional football team... crack open the bubbly you sad f**k

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Look i am annoyed at our dive under SR...its not even the results is the pish poor game management... but wanker Elvis is just loving this.... any true fans will know supporting us is never simple... 

Look i am not going to start name calling like you but if you think I revel in us getting gubbed week after week your off your nut but I am not going to say we are even half decent because  its clearly  not true .I said when we went on the 11 game winless streak we would not win in 12 so one out and I said we wouldn't  win again till end of season few weeks back some how we scraped a win by skin of our teeth at dens I don't see how me stating what was and is as plain as the tip of your nose makes me a wanker as I said there are now plenty of people  seeing what I was seeing all those weeks  ago and are now admitting we are shite I wish it wasn't  the case but its undeniable and its not going to get better anytime soon absolutely dreading the play off.

5 hours ago, elvis said:

So do yous think this utter dross are capable of winning a play off again.

The body language from some of the players leads me to think we'll struggle to get any points from here on in , some just aren't playing for him !