Motherwell v St Mirren 2/4/22

1 hour ago, billyg said:

The body language from some of the players leads me to think we'll struggle to get any points from here on in , some just aren't playing for him !

I wonder why ? Oh he told lots of them they had no future at the club!

58 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Now we will be playing in bottom 6 let's accept that. We need 9 points minimum to avoid play offs. Fingers out arses to get their. 

9 points would put us on 45 points. If my memory serves me right that would equal last seasons total, 10 and we would beat it. Ten would be 👍 

2 hours ago, shull said:

Just watched the highlights.

Why the hell are we wearing an Aberdeen type strip ?

We are playing Motherwell where there's no colour clash.

We should be wearing black and white stripes.

Absolutely correct. It's farcical, a betrayal of our tradition, our identity. There has been numerous complaints about the club's attitude to this issue but the chairman, the board, Smisa and Kibble seem to care not a jot - nothing gets done about it! I get that it's not a big deal to non-traditionalists but many of us believe that our strip represents who we are and the lame arguments about "contractual considerations" are, like many issues at our club, vague and illogical!

When the team came onto the field today impersonating Aberdeen again, I decided that I will never enter the club shop again. What's the point in buying black and white strips, scarves, hats etc when the club elect to betray our colours on a whim? No, I'm spending no more in the shop when the club treats our tradition, our colours with such disdain

We are St.Mirren, not Aberdeen. We are black and white, not red!

Edited by doakie

The way I see this is that the players are definitely going to need to get us out of this but I question the wisdom of telling some they’re not needed. How can you possibly even consider this when your chasing a top six spot. It’s absolutely terrible timing. The worry now is that we have players who have downed tools and I’m now genuinely fearing we end up in the playoffs. This has the whiff of Terry Butcher at Hibernian . Really surprised at how the manager has played this since he came in because it’s been very poor and what was a club sitting sixth and in tremendous form upon his arrival now looks totally rudderlesss

50 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

The way I see this is that the players are definitely going to need to get us out of this but I question the wisdom of telling some they’re not needed. How can you possibly even consider this when your chasing a top six spot. It’s absolutely terrible timing. The worry now is that we have players who have downed tools and I’m now genuinely fearing we end up in the playoffs. This has the whiff of Terry Butcher at Hibernian . Really surprised at how the manager has played this since he came in because it’s been very poor and what was a club sitting sixth and in tremendous form upon his arrival now looks totally rudderlesss

Has a whiff of any manager that ends up out on his arse……its not my fault, it’s my clubs players. 

there’s probably a reason we all laughed when he came up in his company sponsored car. 

35 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

We only need 3 against Saint Johnstone and were safe,  do I think we'll beat them....   NO 

If we finish up in the bottom six. (Still arithmetically possible to be too six) then let’s aim to be 7th. The best of the rest. That would mean bigger prize money and would be an improvement on last year and continue our progression. Cup half-full I know but not impossible.

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

If we finish up in the bottom six. (Still arithmetically possible to be too six) then let’s aim to be 7th. The best of the rest. That would mean bigger prize money and would be an improvement on last year and continue our progression. Cup half-full I know but not impossible.

We have a better chance at 6th than 7th Ricky the way the team is playing we are odds on to finish 10th 

i'd say at least 100/1 to finish 6th 

2 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

We have a better chance at 6th than 7th Ricky the way the team is playing we are odds on to finish 10th 

i'd say at least 100/1 to finish 6th 

Optimist that I am, as long shots go, it is a long shot!  My pessimistic side says that 10th would be good. My realistic side says 18 points to play for. Get half of those by winning 50% of the games left and who knows. A big ask? Yes. But….this season has been full of teams, other than the top three who have had lengthy bad runs then win a few. Again….despite the recent form….why not us? (It’s the hope that gets you).

Match report from BBC. Reads well even if the score line doesn’t. We had more possession but Motherwell topped the rest including the most important one, the score line. Hadn’t realised that their 4th goal was an OG by Tait. Topped of a nightmare game for him back at his old stomping ground. And for Saints. But what a match.https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/60883870

12 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I said before this could turn into a Terry Butcher at hibs, risky game telling players we they have no future at the club when we are not safe from relegation.

From the body language of a lot of players I would be surprised if we picked up many more points if any.

23 minutes ago, Dare said:

Robinson quoted as saying “plenty players have let me know they won’t be staying” - not best time for players to be downing tools with 6 games to go.

I’ve got the fear tbh 😧 

Put this way it puts a different slant on things.

46 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Manager showed his hand early unfortunately and this is the result

If he was going to do this then surely once we were safe from playoff place would have been time to do it. Or keep it 'in house' and not go public like anyone with ANY professional ability would do not just in football but indeed any form of employment.

We are in BIG BIG trouble with this guy in charge, Davidson has got his troops up for the battle again at the business end of the season and has a knack of catching us and bypassing us too. 

On 4/2/2022 at 2:52 PM, fmckinn said:

No Ryan Flynn either

Heard there are issues regarding Flynn and Tanser , who were both looking at another year under Goodwin , but that may have been withdrawn. Is it really any wonder why player morale seems so low ?

56 minutes ago, billyg said:

Heard there are issues regarding Flynn and Tanser , who were both looking at another year under Goodwin , but that may have been withdrawn. Is it really any wonder why player morale seems so low ?

There seem to be two stories circulating. One that players have said that they don’t want to be here next season and one that Robinson has told players that they won’t be here next season. My guess is that there is some truth in both stories. 

I can’t remember a manager who didn’t say that we need to improve the squad when taking over at a club. Some say that they need 4/5 of improved quality. 

Being honest with professional players who want to leave or who the manager wants to leave is part and parcel of the job. There is even some merit in letting players know early enough as this might give them time to find another club before a glut of players come on the market at the end of the season. This might include Flynn. I’m not so sure of Tanser being released.

Results under Robinson have not been what he or anyone else would have wanted but he needs to be given some rope. It’s clear that he has already started recruiting with 6 games left. That should be commended not criticised surely.

Edited by Rascal

I’d be surprised if Robinson has told Tanser he doesn’t want him. Maybe his injury record is being considered? More likely that Tanser wants away. He’s a better player/option than the likes of Tait and Jones at the moment who’ll be on his bike anyway (was really excited about Jones when we first got him).
Who knows what’s going on, but it’s a real worry looking at our dip in form. 
We need to get it sorted before we end up in the playoffs. The difference in a single league position’s prize money can be the budget for one or two new players too, which is important to a club our size. 

30 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

He's not wrong.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

No disagreement here BEK. The only good news is that we have a head start on the two below us and not enough room for those above us to switch off. No dead rubbers coming up.