Motherwell v St Mirren 2/4/22

10 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Serious question...  do you actually think we could sack Robinson giving he has a 3 year contract and hasn't had a transfer window ? 

My answer is NO.  he will at least be allowed the summer which at the moment is quite a scary thought as things stands.  maybe a few in the boardroom should lose their heads before him.  was always a bit of a meh signing with me and a few others 

Aye, as disappointing as it's been talk of sacking is ludicrous, and would cost us a packet, never mind the damage it would do our reputation as a "revolving door" club. 

28 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Yes he was poor but not as bad as Fraser or Tait our centre backs have no chance with those 2 outside them 

Totally agree, both have been utter honking...

I'm convinced we're cert's to fall into the play-off spot now,

I'm not sure wtf is going on at the training ground but Robinson's looks as if he's been dragged in off the street and has never seen a game of football in his puff.. absolute chronic stuff...

16 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Serious question...  do you actually think we could sack Robinson giving he has a 3 year contract and hasn't had a transfer window ? 

My answer is NO.  he will at least be allowed the summer which at the moment is quite a scary thought as things stands.  maybe a few in the boardroom should lose their heads before him.  was always a bit of a meh signing with me and a few others 

Right now I would be a bit indifferent either way. I am getting quite concerned that he just can’t motivate the team or tactically set them up. 

If we did sack him it would be a sore one financially but for me, it would be garden leave & give the control to someone like McManus. 

The honeymoon period is over, he needs to deliver in the bottom six now or even if he does survive to next season, people will be (rightly) on his back from the first few games. 

The biggest factor in our current slide was Goodwin leaving. Robinson has come in and has a very different persona and style to Goodwin. 

He has a good squad but for whatever reason they haven’t clicked for him. He changed a formation that had us on a great run although the margins are really slim in games. The players don’t seem as motivated or as together and the fact that Robinson had already told players that they won’t be kept on seems weird timing. 

Goodwin was no Pep but he had finally got they us winning and the defence was really solid. They were horrific today. I think if he hadn’t headed up north we would be sitting comfortably in the top 6. 

Hopefully Robinson gets things turned around before we end up in the playoff spot. His report card so far is poor even if they aren’t his players. Last game we gave Utd their first away win since well before Christmas and today Motherwell their first win this year. 

Obviously agree that Robinson needs to be judged once he’s put together his own squad, starting with a keeper. He definitely needs time and lots of it by the looks of things so far. 

2 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Totally agree, both have been utter honking...

I'm convinced we're cert's to fall into the play-off spot now,

I'm not sure wtf is going on at the training ground but Robinson's looks as if he's been dragged in off the street and has never seen a game of football in his puff.. absolute chronic stuff...

It sure is...  But I've never felt confident all season that this team was good enough to challenge for top 6 or a good cup run.  The last few games we have looked like a team that was already relegated we've been all over the place.

Maybe that's down to Goodwin and what he did to his players that were on the verge of a bit of success and not what Robinson is doing..  next year it's down to him we need a massive clear out,  to many of these players are damaged goods now 

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Even during the 11 games without a win just a few months ago?

Even away to Livi?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I wouldn’t say so, no. For the most part, Goodwin always had us close. He made us difficult to beat & even during poor runs of form, the players looked committed (give or take the very odd match) 

Last two matches I have seriously questioned the players commitment to the manager. 

Again, as I say though, you’ll argue the opposite of what I do regardless. I could be talking about the benefits of a European run for the club & you’d find something to moan about. 😂

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

That’s not true, we are in one of the strongest financial positions of any team in the top flight.

That goes against what the Chairman spoke about at the last SMiSA meeting regarding the forecast deficit for this financial year.

16 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

The biggest factor in our current slide was Goodwin leaving. Robinson has come in and has a very different persona and style to Goodwin. 

He has a good squad but for whatever reason they haven’t clicked for him. He changed a formation that had us on a great run although the margins are really slim in games. The players don’t seem as motivated or as together and the fact that Robinson had already told players that they won’t be kept on seems weird timing. 

Goodwin was no Pep but he had finally got they us winning and the defence was really solid. They were horrific today. I think if he hadn’t headed up north we would be sitting comfortably in the top 6. 

Hopefully Robinson gets things turned around before we end up in the playoff spot. His report card so far is poor even if they aren’t his players. Last game we gave Utd their first away win since well before Christmas and today Motherwell their first win this year. 

Obviously agree that Robinson needs to be judged once he’s put together his own squad, starting with a keeper. He definitely needs time and lots of it by the looks of things so far. 

I agree with the points you make. I would just add that the finest of margins are at play here. At one point in the game against United we were in 4th spot. At one point today we were in 5th spot. Aberdeen…that big club from the north are on the same number of points as us. Has top six gone. Haven’t checked all of the permutations but it looks like it. Can we finish as the best of the rest? Why not?

I wouldn’t say so, no. For the most part, Goodwin always had us close. He made us difficult to beat & even during poor runs of form, the players looked committed (give or take the very odd match) 
Last two matches I have seriously questioned the players commitment to the manager. 

Again, as I say though, you’ll argue the opposite of what I do regardless. I could be talking about the benefits of a European run for the club & you’d find something to moan about. [emoji23]
You flatter yourself that you imagine I care what you think... Presuming you actually think.

The 11 games without a win pre Christmas had people (I won't call them supporters) calling for Goodwin's head.

I really enjoyed a lot of that game today. Again we could have done much better with the final ball but we were in game until the fourth goal. Defensively we are poor at the moment though. Thought Lyness could have done better with the third, but we could not clear our lines throughout and kept returning the ball to Well. 
more than willing to give Robinson time to get his new plans to gel and agree that it is taking too much time. However, first and foremost we must avoid the playoff position and our results see us in free fall at present whilst Fake Saints are on a run. Tinker after we secure our place for next season please, then rebuild your team So we can judge you then 

Dreadful so far. The last two rounds of results elsewhere have gone about as well as we could have possibly hoped for and we've been ahead in both of our own matches. Holding out for 6 or even 4 points between those two would have seen top six sewn up with a game in hand.

Instead we're now the out of form tram in the league and being chased down by a resurgent St. Johnstone. We should have never been anywhere near this. That we are is quite ridiculous. 

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

You flatter yourself that you imagine I care what you think... Presuming you actually think.

The 11 games without a win pre Christmas had people (I won't call them supporters) calling for Goodwin's head.

Easy to forget. By the way, the game today was terrific entertainment. Not the highest quality but Saints 1 up. Then 1-1 then we’ll 2-1 then Saints make it 2-2. Then We’ll make it 3-2. Both teams then smack woodwork. Well score. We flash the ball across goal two or three times but they score to make it 4-2. We change players and shape but that was it. Worth the entrance money IMO although I obviously would like the result to be different. Some players showed up but others had a bad day. Some, not for the first time recently.

1 minute ago, the barrhead teacher said:

I really enjoyed a lot of that game today.

Have you been drinking?

We lost to a team that has been winless in 11 matches. 

11 minutes ago, elvis said:

It's good to see people now agree with me when I said that we are pish and heading for a playoff apart from a very lucky win at Dens I've been spot on I would not fancy this mob against anyone in playoff

Why is that good ? We win 6 on bounce you disappear... youre just a twat who dwells in defeat...which says far more about you than a provisional football team... crack open the bubbly you sad f**k

Easy to forget. By the way, the game today was terrific entertainment. Not the highest quality but Saints 1 up. Then 1-1 then we’ll 2-1 then Saints make it 2-2. Then We’ll make it 3-2. Both teams then smack woodwork. Well score. We flash the ball across goal two or three times but they score to make it 4-2. We change players and shape but that was it. Worth the entrance money IMO although I obviously would like the result to be different. Some players showed up but others had a bad day. Some, not for the first time recently.
Such a balanced opinion.

You anti boo boy you.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

In fairness, he is not the only one!

Look i am annoyed at our dive under SR...its not even the results is the pish poor game management... but wanker Elvis is just loving this.... any true fans will know supporting us is never simple...