St Mirren Fan Preview

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Brilliant, we're done, you're dullardism :rolleyes: is proving too much for me. :byebye

Yep. Run away and hide without justifying why only one non white player was singled out among many others. Selective racism?

Edited by stlucifer

14 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Genuine Question :  Rangers had 8 players in their starting 11 who were black or mixed race . Why was Kamara getting singled out ? 

Surely if the crowd were racist the 8 players would have been abused?

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies, I'd assumed you were aware of the shocking abuse that happened at Ibrox. 

Quick Google and I do recall the incident.   I was looking for the connection with the Sparta Prague team .

As someone who’s daughter is in a relationship with a former Professional footballer who is also Black , I am acutely aware of the problems surrounding certain elements of society worldwide, but I tend to switch off when I hear either side of the scum squeal like pigs about anything while turning a blind eye to the deep rooted problems with a significant proportion of their own support. 

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Yep. Run away and hide without justifying why only one non white player was singled out among many others. Selective racism?

You're getting mixed up, due to your obsession with me, with boredom and running away.

For the record, I wouldn't be running away from you anytime. 

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

The previous incident at Ibrox, SURELY, is a factor in this?

Why else was he jeered throughout? 

Just now, HSS said:

That doesn't appear to be the case. According to some.

FWIW. I think it more they were a bunch of foolish kids booing ONE player who, in there eyes, had got one of their idols into trouble with the authorities. That's happened throughout the time I've watched football.

The difference between me and some others one other is, I'm not suggesting I know what was in the kids collective heads.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're getting mixed up, due to your obsession with me, with boredom and running away.

For the record, I wouldn't be running away from you anytime. 

I thought you were done.

Don't you even understand yourself?

ETA.

I'm at least glad you've now admitted the reason Kamara was boo'd was because of what happened at Ipox. Not necessarily racism then?

Edited by stlucifer

2 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

FWIW. I think it more they were a bunch of foolish kids booing ONE player who, in there eyes, had got one of their idols into trouble with the authorities. That's happened throughout the time I've watched football.

The difference between me and some others one other is, I'm not suggesting I know what was in the kids collective heads.

:lol:

Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) have joined calls for a firm stance to be taken over the latest vile incident in the Czech capital.

Executive director Piara Power believes there is only one option for the governing body - to kick the club out of the competition altogether.

He told Sky Sports: “I think any reasonable observer would have watched that, and as I understand it the BT Sport commentators picked up on it as well, and questioned why this one particular player was picked out.

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

Football Against Racism in Europe (FARE) have joined calls for a firm stance to be taken over the latest vile incident in the Czech capital.

Executive director Piara Power believes there is only one option for the governing body - to kick the club out of the competition altogether.

He told Sky Sports: “I think any reasonable observer would have watched that, and as I understand it the BT Sport commentators picked up on it as well, and questioned why this one particular player was picked out.

This ONE PARTICULAR player. How many non white players were NOT picked out? Hmmm. Let me think.

I knew you weren't thinking for yourself. It would have been beyond your capabilities.

FARE is a fantastic organisation but, in this instance, it is making assumptions. Assumptions that suit an admirable agenda but assumptions nonetheless.

I still believe it is far more likely that those kids didn't decide it was clever to be selectively racist. Far more likely they just didn't like what Kamara did. Or what they perceived he did.

Edited by stlucifer

15 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Wasn’t the original incident V Slavia Prague while the subsequent incident involved  Sparta ?
Don’t think any of their idols would have been involved. 

Can you Imagine R*ang*rs fans “booing in support” of a player who’d sinned against their bigot brothers or vice versa ?  

Maybe could have been avoided if the original racist slur hadn’t happened. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

10 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I would guess the jeering was maybe something to do with the shocking behaviour of the sevco players in the tunnel after the ibrox game when Prague players,who had been locked out the dressing room,were assaulted by sevco players Kamara was said to be “heavily involved” I also believe Police Scotland are still investigating the incident 

Bully Boy tactics from sevco but boo them and they run greeting to the Bosses 😥😥😓

Anyway let’s get away from all this nastiness………..what time on Sunday Jack?

Just now, stlucifer said:

This ONE PARTICULAR player. How many non white players were NOT picked out? Hmmm. Let me think.

I knew you weren't thinking for yourself. It would have been beyond your capabilities.

FARE is a fantastic organisation but, in this instance, they are making assumptions. Assumptions that suit an admirable agenda but assumptions nonetheless.

I still believe it is far more likely that those kids didn't decide it was clever to be selectively racist. Far more likely they just didn't like what Kamara did. Or what they perceived the did.

Now you believe what the kids were thinking yet my belief is not to be considered reasonable? :blink:

Oh my, you are a diddy. :lol:

1 minute ago, HSS said:

I would guess the jeering was maybe something to do with the shocking behaviour of the sevco players in the tunnel after the ibrox game when Prague players,who had been locked out the dressing room,were assaulted by sevco players Kamara was said to be “heavily involved” I also believe Police Scotland are still investigating the incident 

Bully Boy tactics from sevco but boo them and they run greeting to the Bosses 😥😥😓

Jack has asked me and you to give our thought's in The Bull on Friday night, I'll do it via Zoom. :wink:

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Wasn’t the original incident V Slavia Prague while the subsequent incident involved  Sparta ?
Don’t think any of their idols would have been involved. 

Can you Imagine R*ang*rs fans “booing in support” of a player who’d sinned against their bigot brothers or vice versa ?  

I don't know if the hatred that haunts the bigots runs as deep in those parts. That's why I refrain from being absolute. Unlike some

3 minutes ago, HSS said:

I’m certainly not here to defend Sevco or their players but if the allegations made against the Prague player were correct ( and the authorities seemed to think so ).   I’m not surprised at their reaction. 

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

I don't know if the hatred that haunts the bigots runs as deep in those parts. That's why I refrain from being absolute. Unlike some

Nor me , I have no idea. 

But say , replace the scum or Prague teams with Saints and Morton .  Would we act that way ?   f**king hope not . 

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m certainly not here to defend Sevco or their players but if the allegations made against the Prague player were correct ( and the authorities seemed to think so ).   I’m not surprised at their reaction. 

You can’t go taking the law into your own hands tho What sort of world would we be living in if everyone followed the sevco example?

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Neither would I. 

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Nor me , I have no idea. 

But say , replace the scum or Prague teams with Saints and Morton .  Would we act that way ?   f**king hope not . 

I don't know about Morton but there are a few teams I would support if they were representing our country in Europe. IF they stayed in the competitions long enough.

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Splitting hairs., more deflection, already avoided a couple of points, run along, you must have someone else to bore? 

And what hairs have I split? The ones that actually show I DIDN'T say what you suggested.

Deflection is what you're attempting.

Now go get your schoolbag and do your homework. You must be up to  four letter words in your English lessons by now. (Maybe I'm giving you too much credit though).

9 hours ago, Jack Cunningham said:

Hi, I represent a Rangers news site called Ibrox News and we are looking for a St Mirren fan to interview before the match at the weekend. If anyone fancies this then I would love to here from you and we can host the interview whatever way suits you.

If you want to get in contact please reply to this thread.

Thanks for your valuable time,

Jack Cunningham

Appreciate the invitation Jack but regretfully decline. Having said that I am pleased to see that your club and most ,if not perhaps all, supporters now welcome and support players from a wide range of religious and ethnic backgrounds even as captains.  A step forward that should be acknowledged. Now, if our local brand of sectarianism shown in the repertoire of songs sung could be shelved, then many might welcome an opportunity to chat with you. 

6 hours ago, faraway saint said:

UEFA don't see it so that's ok then, because................................insufficient evidence? :lol:

What is your view on the incessant jeering EVERY time he touched the ball, they didn't like the colour of his boots? 

How could you presume to know the minds of a single person let alone thousands? They were hostile, aye, but where's the proof the hostility was motivated by racism? You cannot just presume someone's motives, you need evidence. 

5 hours ago, W6er said:

How could you presume to know the minds of a single person let alone thousands? They were hostile, aye, but where's the proof the hostility was motivated by racism? You cannot just presume someone's motives, you need evidence. 

😂😂😂 What exactly was the reason thousands of supporters jeered him from the early minutes? 

Edited by faraway saint