St Mirren v Dundee Sat 30th October

faraway saint

Well well the tactical genius Jim Goodwin strikes again. Praise where praise is due but how we can go from showing how we can really play in the early part of last week to that dross today beggars belief. There is something about Goodwin that sits a bit off with me. He comes across as a plastic guardiola but he can’t seem to get the simple stuff right like hitting a vulnerable team with pace. Poor show indeed

1 minute ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Well well the tactical genius Jim Goodwin strikes again. Praise where praise is due but how we can go from showing how we can really play in the early part of last week to that dross today beggars belief. There is something about Goodwin that sits a bit off with me. He comes across as a plastic guardiola but he can’t seem to get the simple stuff right like hitting a vulnerable team with pace. Poor show indeed

Guardiola got beat by lowley Palace.... and he aint plastic... bad day at office chance to get top 5...players blew it..... 

6 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

He's been banging on about getting pace in the team since early season , yet Millar and Dunne remained on the bench for 90 mins. Curtis Main can be effective at times , but he was a waste of a jersey today .With what we had available we could and should have reverted to the formation that won 3 in a row !

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

He's been banging on about getting pace in the team since early season , yet Millar and Dunne remained on the bench for 90 mins. Curtis Main can be effective at times , but he was a waste of a jersey today .With what we had available we could and should have reverted to the formation that won 3 in a row !

I haven’t seen anything from Miller so far this season which would have justified bringing him on today .

we failed in too many departments today. Crosses were shocking , resorting to big punts up to forwards again and the amount of slack passing was ridiculous.

Bad day at the office - we move on 🤷‍♂️

f**king embarrassing. 14 players out there thought they just had turn up to win. No plan B. Get the ball to Tanser and hope for the best. Time for Main to have good long spell on the bench. Cos that guy is lazy. He never moves. But he was not the one. Aimless punts up the park. Two big Central defenders will never have a easier game. Tanser had his worse game since coming to the club. Ronan I think was reading his own press. Every single player 0/10 and that's me being kind to them. As for John Beaton. As someone said at the game. Anything in blue. He's one of our best refs seemingly. Says it all about Scottish football. Shocking. Tonight embarrassed to be a Saints fan. Of course Goody will say we played Barca. But that's his usual pish.

I would argue that the three wins didn’t come from especially good performances and we needed three fortuitous winning goals. Performances always seem better after a win.
Our back three leaves us constantly defensively vulnerable with too much space for the other team to attack into. Today Dundee caused us problems all day with the high press but we never tried to change anything to combat this.
It didn’t help that Tanser was awful.

4 minutes ago, Bastian Pigclimber said:

I would argue that the three wins didn’t come from especially good performances and we needed three fortuitous winning goals. Performances always seem better after a win.
Our back three leaves us constantly defensively vulnerable with too much space for the other team to attack into. Today Dundee caused us problems all day with the high press but we never tried to change anything to combat this.
It didn’t help that Tanser was awful.

Jeezo, one bad performance in the last umpteen and it's back to "our wins were lucky?"

Very poor performance today. Huffed and puffed but no real quality in the final 3rd.

I don't the think the Dundee keeper had a save of any note to make all afternoon. 

Just a wee reminder- when St Mirren are favourites to win easily, the opposite will happen.