St Mirren v Dundee Sat 30th October

faraway saint

Well, that was awful. I praised McAllister for his midweek performance but he was back to normal today. And after he went down for treatment the first time it was obvious he was struggling after that so why keep him on until he has to go down again? And playing Main has two disadvantages 1. he brings absolutely nothing to the team and 2. when he plays we just lump high balls in and miss out the midfield. Tanser had a nightmare so what chance did we have when we were 3 players short?

Need to get back to Brophy on his own which today would have meant that Dundee would probably have changed to a back 3 and given us more room to work in. The changes that were made were too late. Only the back 3, Power and Ronan (despite a few terrible passes) get just pass marks. So disappointing.

1 hour ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Well well the tactical genius Jim Goodwin strikes again. Praise where praise is due but how we can go from showing how we can really play in the early part of last week to that dross today beggars belief. There is something about Goodwin that sits a bit off with me. He comes across as a plastic guardiola but he can’t seem to get the simple stuff right like hitting a vulnerable team with pace. Poor show indeed

Guardiola got beat by lowley Palace.... and he aint plastic... bad day at office chance to get top 5...players blew it..... 

2 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

I see the knickerwetters are out .... we should install couches at ground so they can hide behind them...bad day ...get over it 

Aye, our wins have been lucky seemingly.

I'm all for a realistic appraisal, and there's no doubt today was very poor, but, overall so far, we've played more than decent and been scoring goals.

What's not to like? 

4 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I know Dundee took a hammering v RC but it can't be overlooked that they drew with Hearts and beat Aberdeen in the two games previous. I don't think this game is the foregone conclusion some are suggesting.

I believe this will be hard fought and hope we play with an intensity shown in previous games. They have strikers that have proven goal scoring records.

I hope for a win but it wouldn't surprise me if that wasn't the outcome.

I think you're right! 

Well that was a bit grim today. Lots of effort but no real end product. Thought we were too left sided especially as Tanser was really struggling. Some if the comments regarding the tactics are probably valid and it would have been nice to have mixed it up more. Dundee defended well and we were a bit predictable. But let’s get a grip. Celtic failed to score at home today, Man City lost to Palace. We are inconsistent and it is frustrating but look at the whole league and you will see the same. We move on. 14 points from 12 games is not to be sniffed at 

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

We will score, no doubt

But really need to keep the ball on the ground, not lumping it up the park

Cannot believe our tactics AGAIN. Funders only real strength is in the air defensively.

Shockingly poor result. Instead of being 4th or 5th and pulling away everyone has bunched up with us

Well, that was awful.  WTF are the set-pieces all about?  We work hard to earn a corner and we all cheer, and then we all realise that nothing will come from it. It will either hit the first defender or more likely sail aimlessly beyond everyone, regardless of who takes them.

We started the second half quite well but the delay with the Sheridan injury and Flynn going off killed it.  Not good enough all round.

1st heavy pitch of the season and our players looked well knackered long before the end. 

I really hope that is not something that will continue during the winter months.

2 up front just doesn't work and no offence to Main, i prefer it when he isn't in the starting 11. 

Only bright part of my day was finding out the  Court Bar was opened after the game. 

Thank F for Lanzarote next week for me  🍺  🌞

12 minutes ago, Tommy said:

1st heavy pitch of the season and our players looked well knackered long before the end. 

I really hope that is not something that will continue during the winter months.

2 up front just doesn't work and no offence to Main, i prefer it when he isn't in the starting 11. 

Only bright part of my day was finding out the  Court Bar was opened after the game. 

Thank F for Lanzarote next week for me  🍺  🌞

Wednesday pitch was saturated

Today was our worst result of the season so far. At home to bottom-feeders like Dundee are must-win games for us. These are the games that determine our season. Win these games, onwards and upwards into the top 6. Lose them and the bottom 6 and a relegation battle is looming.

Hugely disappointing performance today, and not one of our players put in an acceptable shift. Tactics were pish, too many hopeful punts that Sweeney dealt with easily, so Goodwin must shoulder the blame too. Dundee's workrate was admirable and won them the 3 points they deserved.