St Mirren v Dundee Sat 30th October

faraway saint

24 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 hours ago, munoz said:
Its interesting that you never seem to mention the good days.

You'll find that the twat disappears when his other club is winning.

I think a club like Brechin would satisfy his needs. St Mirren's ability to win the odd game and avoid defeat goes against his principles. 

7 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I haven’t seen anything from Miller so far this season which would have justified bringing him on today .

we failed in too many departments today. Crosses were shocking , resorting to big punts up to forwards again and the amount of slack passing was ridiculous.

Bad day at the office - we move on 🤷‍♂️

He started all the games in our unbeaten run , not saying he's a superstar , but he brings pace , strength and balance to the right side , he should have started today , as should Kiltie , with Main and McAllister on the bench !

1 minute ago, billyg said:

He started all the games in our unbeaten run , not saying he's a superstar , but he brings pace , strength and balance to the right side , he should have started today , as should Kiltie , with Main and McAllister on the bench !

So he started all these games . Well done . I still don’t see what he brings to the team 🤷‍♂️   He runs into as man6 blind alleys as Connolly did , and his final ball ( when he actually gets to make one ) is questionable.
Hey - ho , it’s all about opinions.  

7 hours ago, billyg said:

Correct IMO.

I can't understand why Millar has been dropped.

We missed all the things you've highlighted yesterday on the right hand side. Millar's pressing would have made them defend a bit deeper. as it was they kept pushing up and restricted our play down the right hand side.

I agree also that we should have gone with Brophy on his own. One up top seems to be our best formation. I'm afraid that Main, after an O.K. start, seems to be performing like the player that I hoped he wouldn't be. He's offered nothing in the last two games.

I'd also have have stuck Reid alongside Power, as we need an energy in there that I'm afraid Flynn no longer provides.

Having said that, there were too many players not at the races yesterday, and as poor a team as Dundee are, we were never going to beat them with that level of collective shiteness.

4 hours ago, fmckinn said:

If Goody wants to play 2 up top, would Dennis be worth a try. IMO it is not working with Main

Yep impressed with Dennis yesterday when he came on. My issue with him has been when he's played from the start never seems to perform at that level.

Thought Main was ok early inthe season but seems have lost his way. No end of effort and honest pro, maybe needs a couple of goals to get him up and running.

No idea how McAllister gets a start with the players we had available. 

Edited by lenziebud

Think if Jamie and Ethan are back on Sat he'll go back to one upfront. Think the injuries made him change the formation. Main just doesn't do enough for me. Goody has to use his squad. Dennis never gets a chance. Urwin has not kick a ball. And just when we think McAllister is going to step up he gets injured. Tough game. Would take a point now. Coys

33 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Think if Jamie and Ethan are back on Sat he'll go back to one upfront. Think the injuries made him change the formation. Main just doesn't do enough for me. Goody has to use his squad. Dennis never gets a chance. Urwin has not kick a ball. And just when we think McAllister is going to step up he gets injured. Tough game. Would take a point now. Coys

Wrong thread. 😜

4 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

Sensible comments relating to the upcoming game in Perth.

On 10/31/2021 at 1:09 AM, billyg said:

My concern with McAllister is always his fitness. Plenty of talent. Hampered by injuries.