St Mirren v Dundee Sat 30th October

faraway saint

We really should be lookin up...a win takes us to 17 pts after 12 and i cant remember a start that good in 35 years.... Dundee on paper are frightening up front so lets hope they continue to flop....Brophy is finally showing his talent ....i would take 1 nil any day.... but at least Wed showed there is life after McGrath

14 hours ago, Sweeper07 said:

Let's not feel sorry for them though.

They are down there because they are a poor team at this level.... just like they were the year they got relegated.

Although they have prominent strikers County kept a clean sheet. County dominated the midfield and exposed their lack of pace back to middle... JG's coaching team will have seen this too... and we should capitalise on it....

Danny Mullen looked more lively when he came on than the others... he might get a start, but he wasn't deemed good enough for is at this level...

I just hope we don't have to go a goal down to start playing AND that we don't sit back or ease off if we go in front. County kept on it for almost the full 90 minutes...and they were shell-shocked.....  C O Y S

Rightly or wrongly, I would expect them to sit in and defend making it tough for us to break them down. I expect a tougher game than many.

4 hours ago, Rascal said:

Rightly or wrongly, I would expect them to sit in and defend making it tough for us to break them down. I expect a tougher game than many.

They are the away team so will more likely try to sit in and attempt to keep us from scoring. Especially after their last game.

It'll only be tough if they succeed and if they can create and take chances.

I'd have to say it would be a poor showing from us if they do - we are a lot better than them and really ought to prove it.

Saints 3 v 1 Dee   McAllister, Brophy and Ronan

Strong favourites, as I'd expect, for this game.

image.thumb.png.dce7527c21a0038de20d58d88d5c82ff.png

We enter the 2nd set of games and have only lost 3 times, and two were against the Old Firm.

I never really felt we were playing well enough, consistently enough, to be top 6 last season, I have to say I do this season.

Still early days but we're putting in performances, along with decent results, to suggest that if we continue, we can certainly be top 6 this season. 

Edited by faraway saint

They are the away team so will more likely try to sit in and attempt to keep us from scoring. Especially after their last game.
It'll only be tough if they succeed and if they can create and take chances.
I'd have to say it would be a poor showing from us if they do - we are a lot better than them and really ought to prove it.
Saints 3 v 1 Dee   McAllister, Brophy and Ronan

Not sure he’ll get on the scoresheet but I hope he starts on Saturday. I don’t think the Dundee defence will be able to handle him.

And certainly not Brophy !

We should win comfortably, but we’ll need to keep 11 on the park - which means not getting sucked in or retaliating to what I expect to be robust, over enthusiastic challenges from a side determined to prove the County game was a one-off. Watch out for Adam and Griffiths in particular.

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

Is it time to bring back Dunne ? ,losing too many goals ,puting  us under pressure  game after game.

I've not been over impressed by Mc Carthy this season but the goals we lost on Wed were Tanser/Flynn beaten and our goalie giving away a penalty.

Dunne too can't be up to match fitness yet.

I'd bring him on when we are 3 or 4 in front....or if we have an injury in defence

14 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Got to agree

Really, that's a shocker? :lol:

On 10/25/2021 at 6:39 PM, Rascal said:

Agree that consistency is required.

On 10/25/2021 at 10:50 PM, Rascal said:

Baz. Well argued. Agree

On 10/26/2021 at 10:14 PM, Rascal said:

Agree on both.

On 10/27/2021 at 10:58 PM, Rascal said:

Couldn’t have said it better.

On 10/28/2021 at 3:56 PM, Rascal said:

Agree with your analysis. COYS

11 hours ago, Rascal said:

For once. I agree

ps. You would know about crass patter

Crass patter? :lol:

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Not sure he’ll get on the scoresheet but I hope he starts on Saturday. I don’t think the Dundee defence will be able to handle him.

And certainly not Brophy !

We should win comfortably, but we’ll need to keep 11 on the park - which means not getting sucked in or retaliating to what I expect to be robust, over enthusiastic challenges from a side determined to prove the County game was a one-off. Watch out for Adam and Griffiths in particular.

Adam is certainly more physical than I remember him being. Griffiths can be a handful. Watch out too for the ex Saints, other than Adam, Mullen, McGowan and McMullan. A point to prove perhaps?

9 hours ago, Pokitren said:

You get used to a good thing fast :) Why don't you have a season ticket? Are you bored or what? Or not such a fan as before?

A few reasons.

The shambles at the start of the season that gave the impression that from the chairman down, nobody seems to know what they were doing.

Being out of the country for nearly 5 weeks during Sep, Oct and Nov meaning i would miss a few games.

Can't be arse with midweek games in winter since my old bones now feel the cold.

Not interested in looking at the bigots at both end of the ground 3 times a season.

Be lucky if i make 6 games before the split because of the reasons above.

Got used to watching games in the house with my feet up having a few cold  🍺

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Weren't we losing goals when he was in the team? 

Yes we were. But not at the same rate .  

Not saying he’s the messiah but he was brought to the club on a two year deal to add something to the left side of defence, he can’t do that sitting on the bench. ( hopefully he’s fully fit ) 

12 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Yes we were. But not at the same rate .  

Not saying he’s the messiah but he was brought to the club on a two year deal to add something to the left side of defence, he can’t do that sitting on the bench. ( hopefully he’s fully fit ) 

Swings and roundabouts, we, also, weren't scoring at the same rate.

I'm with you on "he's not the messiah" but, aye, IF we can reduce the goals against it'll make game more comfortable, although I do like the current excitement. :wink:

Swings and roundabouts, we, also, weren't scoring at the same rate.
I'm with you on "he's not the messiah" but, aye, IF we can reduce the goals against it'll make game more comfortable, although I do like the current excitement. :wink:
As the resident John McCririck, a guy in works who likes the odd big bet has put £100 single on us and £20 + £10 on us -1 & -2 he says it is free money and he is shocked I'm not doing the same.

Thoughts on making a few pounds tomorrow???

Think you were 1 of the few people who predicted 2-2 or a score draw Wednesday.

10 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

As the resident John McCririck, a guy in works who likes the odd big bet has put £100 single on us and £20 + £10 on us -1 & -2 he says it is free money and he is shocked I'm not doing the same.

Thoughts on making a few pounds tomorrow???

Think you were 1 of the few people who predicted 2-2 or a score draw Wednesday.

It's decent odds on us just to win Ronnie, as you know we, historically, dodgy, but I agree we are certainly as close to a cert as possible.

-1 is offering 11/4, very generous, -2 is 7/1. :zipit

-1 is probably me preferred choice............................

If we lose, please delete these posts. :wink:

I shall not be sitting with the plebeians tomorrow! I have elected to pay the extra £2 for a padded seat. Only @faraway saint will be watching more comfortably, on his sofa.

Anyway, with Dundee losing 5-0 at home in midweek, I see one of two scenarios - they will either be battling for everything in a desperate attempt to redeem themselves and restore a bit of pride, or they will be low on confidence and get scudded again. Let's home it's the latter. 😇 🏁

It's decent odds on us just to win Ronnie, as you know we, historically, dodgy, but I agree we are certainly as close to a cert as possible.
-1 is offering 11/4, very generous, -2 is 7/1. :zipit
-1 is probably me preferred choice............................
If we lose, please delete these posts. :wink:
The only time I thought we were similarly a cert and was ready to bet big on us was the Great Escape season heading down to Dumfries I bottled sticking the £100 on us at similar odds to today but luckily for me my 5 aways coupon won that day to soften the blow.
I'd have thought we'd be odds on tomorrow and imo we should be. A slice over evens to win is very generous. But, would you trust us with your mortgage?

Nah, me neither. Smaller play for me on us -1 and us -2.
This is my feeling exactly about game, if we won by a few would I be surprised, if we drew or won by another close 1 goal victory i.e Livingston and Ross County would I be surprised definitely no to any of them.

A fast start and early goal we could stick a few past them.

My take on them before Griffith signed was with Adam & Cummings the normally lots of tight matches amongst bottom 6 these 2 might just be the difference for the odd draw or 1 goal victory exactly like the did v Hearts but during course of season they also will get a few hammerings but thought most likely from Top 4 teams rather than County or us.

9 hours ago, W6er said:

I shall not be sitting with the plebeians tomorrow! I have elected to pay the extra £2 for a padded seat. Only @faraway saint will be watching more comfortably, on his sofa.

Anyway, with Dundee losing 5-0 at home in midweek, I see one of two scenarios - they will either be battling for everything in a desperate attempt to redeem themselves and restore a bit of pride, or they will be low on confidence and get scudded again. Let's home it's the latter. 😇 🏁

Posh dude