Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

7 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Yet another PR disaster for the club. I can’t imagine Stewart Gilmour or Tony ever behaving like Mr Needham. 

Hard to understand why he makes these utterly embarrassing tweets. 

He seems unaware that they make him look, and sound, a bit of a moron.

There's no defence and with the clubs summer of embarrassing blunders this is the last thing we need.

Should he go, aye, won't be missed, we don't need this element at the top of our club. 

Over the last 18 months the Club has appeared pretty shambolic off the pitch. Everything from poor Covid procedures, the season ticket fiasco, catering, strips, misleading or wrong information to fans, a complete stand as a Red Zone to name some areas. I had hoped that a lot of it is down to teething problems as the Club changes the complete background picture with among other things new directors , new catering company, new Club shop, and new Stewarding. And of course we have a new Chaiman and we really need strong leadership.

However the new Chairman has demonstrated incompetence and embarrassment that matches the other off field shambles. He represents the Club and not himself and his comments are not fitting for the public Club image he now represents whatever his own opinions are. He clearly demonstrates a lack of judgement. If he cannot even make the correct decisions for his Twitter account (not a one off either) then can we trust him in his other decision making? Has he shown strong leadership?

Not for me. An apology does not remove the unwanted and unneeded distraction that he has caused. Another own goal by the Club. He should step down.

11 hours ago, alanb said:

This is going down well 

Not looking great

Here is Tweet apology

Reading the comments and noting the quote tweets including the shares tagged, it really spreads his stupidity far and wide.

Some will agree with his comments but none are the Chair of SMFC

I think he absolutely should. Views aside on people being easily offended, the tweets are not in line with the behaviour of a football club chairman. The river one was only weeks before he was due to be confirmed as chairman & using the word ‘***’ just can’t go for someone at the top table of a premier league football club. 

I’m in no way offended & I imagine the vast majority of Rangers fans won’t be either but in the modern day and given how recent he’s into the role, I think he has to go. 

28 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think he absolutely should. Views aside on people being easily offended, the tweets are not in line with the behaviour of a football club chairman. The river one was only weeks before he was due to be confirmed as chairman & using the word ‘***’ just can’t go for someone at the top table of a premier league football club. 

I’m in no way offended & I imagine the vast majority of Rangers fans won’t be either but in the modern day and given how recent he’s into the role, I think he has to go. 

Was he checked out properly? I this day and age his Facebook  and Twitter  accounts are looked at before engaging staff

9 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Was he checked out properly? I this day and age his Facebook  and Twitter  accounts are looked at before engaging staff

I think it’s quite a new development regarding a deep dive into social media given how many people have been caught out in recent months. People would have had to be searching really specific terms to find it. 

Of course there will be some in our fanbase that will blame club staff & probably Kibble for this. It’s a go to. 

Edited by bazil85