Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

No way should the chairman resign. We decide who's on the board. Not The **** or the useless SPFL. Are they going to apologise for the vandalism of our stadium. Or their mutant fans singing about killing catholics and being up to their knees in ******** blood. As much as I agree with Gerrard about Racist abuse. But I think they have a f**king cheek when their happy for their fans to publicly abuse catholics every week.

No blame towards the Kibble from anyone so far. You have been the first to raise this which reflects badly on your view of our support.

However I’d imagine the Kibble trustees will not be happy with the behaviour of the St Mirren chairman and the publicity raised. 

If anything the scrutiny is heightened even more by having the Kibble charity involved with our club.
Let us hope there are no historical allegations made against Kibble employees past, present or future.
Yes there has been, on here and other social media sites.

8 minutes ago, Slash said:

No blame towards the Kibble from anyone so far. You have been the first to raise this which reflects badly on your view of our support.

However I’d imagine the Kibble trustees will not be happy with the behaviour of the St Mirren chairman and the publicity raised. 

If anything the scrutiny is heightened even more by having the Kibble charity involved with our club.

Let us hope there are no historical allegations made against Kibble employees past, present or future.

I think your reference to the Kibble Trustees may be pretty relevant here Slash......they will absolutely, and probably rightly so, have to look after Kibble's best interests which could be the final nail in JN's coffin. It could also set a fairly weighty precedent for things moving forward.

Edited by WeeBud

43 minutes ago, Slash said:

i think they will be very upset, you only need to look at the list of trustees to understand that they are  pretty conservative' (small c)

I for one was doing exactly the same as JN on that lovely day in 1989, as were many of us.  I've left behind the urge to crow about that and so should Needham.  Amazing that a person with his lack of judgement got to the position he held in the bank and then with us.  I question whether he has really done anything meaningful since his appointment and for that would not mind seeing him go.   As for the  Rangers comments. who cares?

49 minutes ago, Slash said:

My reflection on (some of) our fanbase is perfectly justified when you look at the history. They give themselves the reputation of being overlay negative &  aren’t shy of a conspiracy theory. 

My hope is the Kibble fights the right corner here and supports the removal of John either voluntarily or through some board/ member voting process. 

Why wait till 3.05 yesterday before tweeting his apology. This should have been done, including his resignation,

before the arrival of the opposition. 

If he went through the interview procedure that SMiSA have in place it needs to be reviewed.

He will no longer (if he ever  had) have any authority within the hierarchy of football

I am disgusted that a Chairman of St Mirren Football Club has stooped so low to even consider 

making the comments he did. 

He must go immediately to stop the media attention he has brought on us.

1 minute ago, hamlet said:

Why wait till 3.05 yesterday before tweeting his apology. This should have been done, including his resignation,

before the arrival of the opposition. 

If he went through the interview procedure that SMiSA have in place it needs to be reviewed.

He will no longer (if he ever  had) have any authority within the hierarchy of football

I am disgusted that a Chairman of St Mirren Football Club has stooped so low to even consider 

making the comments he did. 

He must go immediately to stop the media attention he has brought on us.

St Mirren clearly thought they could bury their head in the sand and this story would go away. It is now going to be covered by every media outlet in the country bringing shame and embarrasment to our club. He should be writing his letter now and putting a stop to this.

15 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

St Mirren clearly thought they could bury their head in the sand and this story would go away. It is now going to be covered by every media outlet in the country bringing shame and embarrasment to our club. He should be writing his letter now and putting a stop to this.

Rangers alright possess that title. Nobody could take that away from them. 

11 minutes ago, shull said:

Never apologise to Sevco and Celtic.

39 Diddy Club Chairmen should be backing John Needham.

Then the 40 Clubs should boot the two sectarian outfits out of Scottish Football.

Your missing the point. He should be above using a tweeter account with his idea of humour.

When the idea fir buying Gilmours share it was never the intention  that supporters  run the club

From my recollection  at Smisa meetings it was envisaged that a fully qualified  CEO would be engaged ,Tony would become  Director  of football ,based at Ralston.

This would be expensive  but if supporters  continued their subscriptions  then the finance would be there.

Boot them fecking oot.

Should have done it over a Century ago.

Many other instances spring to mind.

Love Street Riot September 17th 1977.

Cup Final Riot 1980

And many many many more.

Probably any week both Cnuts had a Match.

FECKEM

Edited by shull