Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

13 minutes ago, Slash said:

It took 50 years for the Suez veterans to receive a campaign medal. Many had died during and after service.

The fact that we are still debating and discussing sectarianism in 2021 is shameful. 

We must make a positive stand as a club against all forms of bigotry and any other hate crimes.

Shameful nobodies listening.

I find it amazing that people on here should be pillorying the person that we chose to represent us.

Nothing that he posted strikes me as being anywhere near as reprehensible as the songs they sing, and the attitudes that they proudly boast. And about which the SFA does SFA.

Needham merely articulated what all of Scotland feels in a humorous not serious way…

…whereas the **** would like to be up to their knees in ******** blood and happily praise famine.

Despite my feeling that there was no need, Needham has, at least, offered some show of remorse, whereas they will never surrender.

Saints should get their priorities right.  
Deny the pollution of both ends of OUR stadium to morons who cover the walls of a stadium (into which they were stupidly and erroneously welcomed) with their cretinous daubings.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

I find it amazing that people on here should be pillorying the person that we chose to represent us.

Nothing that he posted strikes me as being anywhere near as reprehensible as the songs they sing, and the attitudes that they proudly boast. And about which the SFA does SFA.

Needham merely articulated what all of Scotland feels in a humorous not serious way…

…whereas the **** would like to be up to their knees in ******** blood and happily praise famine.

Despite my feeling that there was no need, Needham has, at least, offered some show of remorse, whereas they will never surrender.

Deny the pollution of both ends of OUR stadium to morons who cover the walls of a stadium (into which they were stupidly and erroneously welcomed) with their cretinous daubings.

Amen

7 minutes ago, antrin said:

Great post.... f**k em....

Citing Rangers and Celtic fans singing their songs if hate as a free pass for needham making his comments just doesn’t cut it. He has pulled the name of St Mirren FC into controversy if not disrepute. Publicity like this undoes our mantle as a community club open to all.

His motive or attempt at humour is a moot point. Someone in his position is representative of our club. Happy with that?

It’s up to him whether he resigns…

I do think that apologising on Twitter made it worse, open goal for their mutants who will use it to point score for eternity. 

Other than the bridge tweet none of them were that bad. Didn’t see that one when I searched and I know some were photoshopped so not sure if that was legit? maybe deleted by now

Should be setting clear social media guidelines for all club employees. 

The only reason Rangers fans are out to get needham is because two podcasters resigned from their media duties for something similar, they’re making a mountain out a molehill just as Michael Stewart etc did with the 4 lads had a dream song linking it to the famine song, it’s absolute point scoring and bringing us into it shows how desperate they are.

I stand with John Needham, these pricks sing about Bobby sands etc every game, a few times yesterday Infact, yet they are trying to play the morale high ground it’s pathetic. Feck them

3 minutes ago, mattman said:

The only reason Rangers fans are out to get needham is because two podcasters resigned from their media duties for something similar, they’re making a mountain out a molehill just as Michael Stewart etc did with the 4 lads had a dream song linking it to the famine song, it’s absolute point scoring and bringing us into it shows how desperate they are.

I stand with John Needham, these pricks sing about Bobby sands etc every game, a few times yesterday Infact, yet they are trying to play the morale high ground it’s pathetic. Feck them

While I agree with your assessment of their abhorrent behaviour we should be aspiring to be above that, this isn't some knuckle dragging moron, this is the leader of our club.

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:

While I agree with your assessment of their abhorrent behaviour we should be aspiring to be above that, this isn't some knuckle dragging moron, this is the leader of our club.

Well stuff like this is always going to happen when we have supporters in charge, Plus these posts where before he was chairman. In hindsight he should have deleted Twitter as soon as he got the job as there will always be weirdos that will dig up any dirt on you, to be fair smisa should have vetted also as that’s apparently what they do before they put the vote to us whether we agree with their choice or not… but I suppose what’s done is done, I just don’t see why he should resign over it. It’s banter, there’s zero hatred in any of the tweets and we all know it, they know it too, it’s just pathetic point scoring by that mob.

too much pitchforks out these days of social media.

13 minutes ago, antrin said:

I am not a member of SMiSA but I am a shareholder and did not have an option to vote for him as Chairman.

The point is being missed. He should not have written what he did on a social media outlet. He should have kept his thoughts to himself. It is not Directors of the Club that are singing the songs you refer to. The last one who did that was shown the door. A Chairman and his Directors are required to set examples since they are representing the club which I have followed for a very long time and the type of humour he choose to put in print does not fall into my opinion of being acceptable.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Shocking post. 

Deflection and more concerned about the faults of Rangers than anything that this brings to the club door. 

No surprise with your obsessions about them right enough.m 

Two wrongs don’t make a right. You are just lowering yourself to their standards. By using that terminology you are in breach of the forum rules. There is a good reason why Div has published these. 
I don't care about 2 wrongs pish. When are We, SPFl and the SFA gonna stop bowing down to these bigots. SPFL are shit scared of them. I'm backing the chairman whether he's right or wrong. Just like they do. I'm sure if you look into everyone's media posts we all have written things we shouldn't have posted.

Well stuff like this is always going to happen when we have supporters in charge, Plus these posts where before he was chairman. In hindsight he should have deleted Twitter as soon as he got the job as there will always be weirdos that will dig up any dirt on you, to be fair smisa should have vetted also as that’s apparently what they do before they put the vote to us whether we agree with their choice or not… but I suppose what’s done is done, I just don’t see why he should resign over it. It’s banter, there’s zero hatred in any of the tweets and we all know it, they know it too, it’s just pathetic point scoring by that mob.

too much pitchforks out these days of social media.
To many snowflakes Matt

44 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I don't care about 2 wrongs pish. When are We, SPFl and the SFA gonna stop bowing down to these bigots. SPFL are shit scared of them. I'm backing the chairman whether he's right or wrong. Just like they do. I'm sure if you look into everyone's media posts we all have written things we shouldn't have posted.

Aye, fitba supporters. :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

In my opinion he has to go.  We can’t be in a situation where a senior member of our Board has brought such bad publicity to our club and we don’t take action. 

Had these tweets been decades ago , he may have a case to argue against it but with the most recent post being while he was a board member, he has shown a shocking lack of awareness and understanding of how this reflects on the Club.