Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

So don't say anything, right or wrong, in fear that it offends some violent knuckledraggers?Is a joke not a joke if some people can't see the intended humour? As I already said, it's not much of a joke but ...

As I, and many others have already said, the utter stupidity and lack of awareness of the consequences of this "joke" from the man at the top of our club is bewildering.

Feck knows what other bollox he's coming out with in private and what decisions he's making.

Get rid. 

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
2 hours ago, Slash said:

So you are saying that people should refrain from upsetting them in case they turn violent? f**k that! If St Mirren fans get attacked as a result of this, that is on those doing the attacking, both legally and morally.

Dear oh dear, are you really saying that a person in a high position of a football club can say whatever he likes and hang the consequences?:blink:

Feck me, you're having a nightmare. 

Edited by faraway saint

Dear oh dear, are you really saying that a person in a high position of a football club can say whatever he likes and hang the consequences?:blink:

Eh, no, that's clearly not what I'm saying, so it's obviously not me having a nightmare here.

As I, and many others have already said, the utter stupidity and lack of awareness of the consequences of this "joke" from the man at the top of our club is bewildering.
Feck knows what other bollox he's coming out with in private and what decisions he's making.
Get rid. 
Aye, feck knows, maybe he makes totally different jokes when he goes to his Lodge meetings.

His comment 6months ago as a St Mirren director could have serious repercussions on innocent Saints fans. That’s what I’m trying to say. 
I’m sorry to say that there are individuals in our society that would use his views as an excuse to physically another human being. I totally agree their actions would be wrong. You seem to think that it’s ok for JN to make such comments an official capacity. I don’t. Let’s leave it here as we have differing opinions.
There are indivuals in society who will twist absolutely anything into a perceived insult as an excuse for violence, so maybe we should all say nothing.

19 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Eh, no, that's clearly not what I'm saying, so it's obviously not me having a nightmare here.

It is CLEARLY what you said................nothing to do with Needham, you might want to tell that to some innocent St Mirren supporter if he gets a doing. 

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So you are saying that people should refrain from upsetting them in case they turn violent? f**k that! If St Mirren fans get attacked as a result of this, that is on those doing the attacking, both legally and morally.

It is CLEARLY what you said................nothing to do with Needham, you might want to tell that to some innocent St Mirren supporter if he gets a doing. 

And it clearly isn't. What you said would include things like inciting violence, among lots of other things, mine would not. Mine was specific about annoying people who are essentially just bullies.

Being a St Mirren supporter who still lives in the west of Scotland, I should be among those most at risk, according to you, yet I don't feel even a tiny bit of worry.

21 minutes ago, Slarti said:

And it clearly isn't. What you said would include things like inciting violence, among lots of other things, mine would not. Mine was specific about annoying people who are essentially just bullies.

Being a St Mirren supporter who still lives in the west of Scotland, I should be among those most at risk, according to you, yet I don't feel even a tiny bit of worry.

As usual, hairsplitting with deflection, your specialoty. 🙄

Edited by faraway saint

As usual, hairsplitting your specialoty. [emoji849]
It's not hair splitting. You thought that I said something that I didn't, I corrected you by pointing out the difference between what I actually said and what you thought I said. Clarification (though it really shouldn't have been needed as what I said was perfectly clear) and correction is not hair splitting.

On 10/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Slash said:

He was using terminology in his use of the H word which is offensive. I have family and friends who support both clubs. I  would never ever refer to them using such derogatory language such as H or T. I’m sure you and many others on here have similar friends and relatives. As I understand the  law in a Scotland those terms have been described as a hate crime.

For many years we as St Mirren fans sang different songs referring to Rangers and Celtic in a derogatory manner. We eliminated those songs from our repertoire for the reasons we talk about now. We also used to sing “Go home ya H”. No longer sung. 

His second tweet regarding a bridge toppling thousands of Rangers fans into the Clyde was made while he was in an official capacity as club director. Some people might think that’s just a joke, but I don’t find it funny in the slightest. He should never have made reference to another clubs supporters like that in his position. 

If you read his tweet in full, he actually said it was a bad idea for this to happen.

JN may seem offensive to Sevco fans but he does care about the fish in the Clyde.

On 10/23/2021 at 9:12 AM, W6er said:

Here's another one that apparently merits a UEFA investigation...

1480927060_Screenshot2021-10-2309_02_01.png.e7e6f4bc9905a532ba95151a7165b2c8.png

11 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

If you read his tweet in full, he actually said it was a bad idea for this to happen.

JN may seem offensive to Sevco fans but he does care about the fish in the Clyde.

Not quite, second thoughts? 

He's as funny as you TBH. 

On 10/26/2021 at 12:34 AM, Maboza said:

Stupid comments from someone who is supposed to be an intelligent business figure. 

The casual use of the word *** and similar need to be eradicated from our society. 

Any chance of this blowing over was gone the second that he apologised. Sevco fans were never going to accept it and it simply gave more air to the story. Now it’s just a matter of time. It would be good to think that it wasn’t just faux victimhood and that Rangers actually did want to stand up to sectarianism, but we know the game. That’s perhaps the saddest thing about all this.  

Final thought is that I don’t like to see Kibble sticking the boot in. Another example of why I don’t like that arrangement - they will always have to put Kibbles interests first, not St. Mirren’s. We’re in this mini-crisis and they’re issuing statements separate to the club. Not helpful and not a good look. 

That’s because as we go into day 4 of this shit show the silence from St Mirren and Smisa is deafening! Not a single word! Amateurs! If they think they can stick their head in the sand and this will go away they are very much mistaken. Needham should have resigned by now and done the club and the supporters a favour. But if he won’t do the right thing then he needs sacked. Today. 

The fact Needham is still there just shows what a joke club we have become off the park. The fact he’s not done the right thing by now tells me everything I want to know about him. Not someone who should represent our club in any way shape or form never mind be chairman. Absolutely unbelievable. 

Oh and still NOTHING from smisa and St Mirren. What the feck is happening behind the scenes at our club. They are VERY fortunate Jim and the team are doing so well ON the park. 

image.thumb.jpeg.c8415b25a61ceddf8196327e69b53ff7.jpegHe should have done the right thing by now and stood aside…… all completely of his doing however impacts on club and smisa….. smisa values seem clear to me and perhaps need to be clear where they stand on this ….. off field had so many lows recently and this is a complete unwelcome embarrassment that should have been dealt with well before now. 
Can only assume he believes he can ride the storm….. if so another poor choice.  Sad as we would all prefer to talk about on the park….. COYS on Saturday 

5 minutes ago, Lager Tops said:

Can only assume he believes he can ride the storm….. if so another poor choice.  Sad as we would all prefer to talk about on the park….. COYS on Saturday 

What storm ? A few guys on here , and a few RFC sympathisers on the radio , and some insecure lowlife on twitter ?

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

What storm ? A few guys on here , and a few RFC sympathisers on the radio , and some insecure lowlife on twitter ?

You, conveniently, have omitted this............................

The SFA have launched an investigation into St Mirren chairman John Needham’s “inappropriate” tweets aimed at Rangers.

Buddies supremo Needham issued an apology to the Light Blues for his conduct before the clubs met in Paisley on Sunday.

A series of offensive tweets emerged from Needham where he referred to the Scottish Premiership champions as “Sevco” and their fans as "H**s".

Pretty much sums Needham up IMO............................

The comments could be in breach of Rule 77, which reads: “A recognised football body, club, official, team official, other member of team staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football.

“Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.”

43 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You, conveniently, have omitted this............................

The SFA have launched an investigation into St Mirren chairman John Needham’s “inappropriate” tweets aimed at Rangers.

Buddies supremo Needham issued an apology to the Light Blues for his conduct before the clubs met in Paisley on Sunday.

A series of offensive tweets emerged from Needham where he referred to the Scottish Premiership champions as “Sevco” and their fans as "H**s".

Current Buns ? Hardly a hanging offence ?  "Sevco" ? Similar to calling Airdrie "Clydebank"  in that they both changed their name from one to the other . Joking about a bridge collapsing with them on it , after the police had asked the "fans" not to march from Ibrox to Glasgow anyway ? 

7 minutes ago, billyg said:

Current Buns ? Hardly a hanging offence ?  "Sevco" ? Similar to calling Airdrie "Clydebank"  in that they both changed their name from one to the other . Joking about a bridge collapsing with them on it , after the police had asked the "fans" not to march from Ibrox to Glasgow anyway ? 

Missing the point BIlly, this is coming from the top man at our club, not some half wit on the terraces.

If you can't see the difference, then it's pointless taking this any further. #

The fact they are marching when asked not to is totally irrelevant. 

As I've said, a tragic statement, not even amusing, and puts our club in a place we don't need after recent months of fcuk ups. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Missing the point BIlly, this is coming from the top man at our club, not some half wit on the terraces.

If you can't see the difference, then it's pointless taking this any further. #

The fact they are marching when asked not to is totally irrelevant. 

As I've said, a tragic statement, not even amusing, and puts our club in a place we don't need after recent months of fcuk ups. 

Amazingly. I find myself in agreement with the Arbroath Argus correspondent.