Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Missing the point BIlly, this is coming from the top man at our club, not some half wit on the terraces.

If you can't see the difference, then it's pointless taking this any further. #

The fact they are marching when asked not to is totally irrelevant. 

As I've said, a tragic statement, not even amusing, and puts our club in a place we don't need after recent months of fcuk ups. 

Yes , but , like me , he has been a half-wit on the terraces for the last 50 years , and has witnessed up close what both the OF and their support are all about. He is a supporter , a member of Smisa like me . I would call them worse , in fact , I have on numerous occasions. It's like a biblical moment , which one shall be crucified for their lifetime of misdemeanors  , Rangers or John Needham ? 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Pretty much sums Needham up IMO............................

The comments could be in breach of Rule 77, which reads: “A recognised football body, club, official, team official, other member of team staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football.

“Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.”

He wisnae a club official at the time. 😊

16 minutes ago, billyg said:

Yes , but , like me , he has been a half-wit on the terraces for the last 50 years , and has witnessed up close what both the OF and their support are all about. He is a supporter , a member of Smisa like me . I would call them worse , in fact , I have on numerous occasions. It's like a biblical moment , which one shall be crucified for their lifetime of misdemeanors  , Rangers or John Needham ? 

FFS, he's a top representative of our club, if you think that's acceptable then we, as a club, are fcuked if this type of mentality is our public image.

People, quite simply, seem to be blind to the FACT it's irresponsible to publicly say things that are equally as bigoted as many of the shite that the OF supporters say, although, we, as a support, are much more focused on Rangers. 

This was always a worry when we decided to be a supporter owned club, and now it's, sadly, coming true. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

FFS, he's a top representative of our club, if you think that's acceptable then we, as a club, are fcuked if this type of mentality is our public image.

People, quite simply, seem to be blind to the FACT it's irresponsible to publicly say things that are equally as bigoted as many of the shite that the OF supporters say, although, we, as a support, are much more focused on Rangers. 

This was always a worry when we decided to be a supporter owned club, and now it's, sadly, coming true. 

I hoped/expected the club to become more partisan when/if it became fan owned. The media etc aren't going to stand up for us , the way they do for the scum , so I'm all for us giving it back , yes even if it is a director. For me , there has been a complete overreaction in some places to this and if JN were to be punished , that would be bigger joke , given the drivel we've had to contend with from club employees over the years eg McNamara's public criticism of Goodwin , Hearts players/officials accusing our players (to this day) of lying down to Celtic etc

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You, conveniently, have omitted this............................

The SFA have launched an investigation into St Mirren chairman John Needham’s “inappropriate” tweets aimed at Rangers.

Buddies supremo Needham issued an apology to the Light Blues for his conduct before the clubs met in Paisley on Sunday.

A series of offensive tweets emerged from Needham where he referred to the Scottish Premiership champions as “Sevco” and their fans as "H**s".

BLASPHEMY  😇 

I'm surprised he wasn't struck down with a bolt of lightning from above

Have you seen the price of electricity.. far too expensive.... What about a crucifixion Faraway we could use those old pallets off your man cave 

jesus GIF

I don’t like the behaviour of many of their fans and the toxic atmosphere and violent nature they bring. The reason for bringing the M8 bridge was that a Rangers fan in the past launched a Celtic fan off resulting in catastrophic brain injury. That’s a fact. It’s shameful.
Only an idiot would make a bridge collapse tweet while a St Mirren Director displaying their name and photo.
Their fans have shown in the past that they never forget who verbally abused them. Personally I think it’s downright stupid to issue such a tweet. He is 60 years old not a child. 
How would you feel if St Mirren fans were physically assaulted as a result of his verbal diarrhoea at future matches?

Regarding your last point - I have been thinking the very same thing, I was going to take my boy to the Boxing Day game at Ibrox, a move not encouraged by my wife I would add, point is with the backdrop of John’s comments our fans could potentially be in for a far tougher ride than normal and I for one don’t fancy exposing an 11 year old to that.

I was in there a couple of seasons back and whilst I cannot be certain it was suggested that a young lassie got smacked with a flying bottle during the game (saw her getting carried out to the right of me).

I would never forgive myself if something bad happened when the situation is easily avoided simply by not going.

Put simply it stirs bad blood from them to us!!

6 hours ago, RichardBuddie said:

Regarding your last point - I have been thinking the very same thing, I was going to take my boy to the Boxing Day game at Ibrox, a move not encouraged by my wife I would add, point is with the backdrop of John’s comments our fans could potentially be in for a far tougher ride than normal and I for one don’t fancy exposing an 11 year old to that.

I was in there a couple of seasons back and whilst I cannot be certain it was suggested that a young lassie got smacked with a flying bottle during the game (saw her getting carried out to the right of me).

I would never forgive myself if something bad happened when the situation is easily avoided simply by not going.

Put simply it stirs bad blood from them to us!!

Precisely the point that has been made earlier, yet not understood by some.

If you poke a wasps nest and the wasps sting other people, who's to blame? 

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

As I have repeatedly said, would Stewart Gilmour or Tony have posted these nonsense tweets? No 

Precisely the point that has been made earlier, yet not understood by some.
If you poke a wasps nest and the wasps sting other people, who's to blame? 
I think even Sevco fans have bigger brains than wasps, so it really isn't a very good analogy.