Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

On 10/27/2021 at 11:06 AM, Slash said:

He was using terminology in his use of the H word which is offensive. I have family and friends who support both clubs. I  would never ever refer to them using such derogatory language such as H or T. I’m sure you and many others on here have similar friends and relatives. As I understand the  law in a Scotland those terms have been described as a hate crime.

For many years we as St Mirren fans sang different songs referring to Rangers and Celtic in a derogatory manner. We eliminated those songs from our repertoire for the reasons we talk about now. We also used to sing “Go home ya H”. No longer sung. 

His second tweet regarding a bridge toppling thousands of Rangers fans into the Clyde was made while he was in an official capacity as club director. Some people might think that’s just a joke, but I don’t find it funny in the slightest. He should never have made reference to another clubs supporters like that in his position. 

A comment , no more.  I tend to agree comments were 'unfortunate' in my opinion' and opinions certainly vary, yours however comes across as rather sanctimonious.  One hopes there are no hidden petards about; upon which one might be hoisted.

30 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

JUst a wee note to everyone who has contributed to this thread by voicing an opinion whereby our Chairman should resign.

f**k off, St Mirren are too good for you.  We don't need the likes of you.  Arseholes.

Greeting faced snowflake wankers the lot of you.

Well said TT :clapping

5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

JUst a wee note to everyone who has contributed to this thread by voicing an opinion whereby our Chairman should resign.

f**k off, St Mirren are too good for you.  We don't need the likes of you.  Arseholes.

Just a wee note... you are an arsehole! The 'likes of you' repersents almost every St Mirren fan I know. Oh and he wasn't at the game on Saturday so time for the club and the useless Smisa to tell us what the feck is happening at our club

6 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Just a wee note... you are an arsehole! The 'likes of you' repersents almost every St Mirren fan I know. Oh and he wasn't at the game on Saturday so time for the club and the useless Smisa to tell us what the feck is happening at our club

Taking everything into account, the umpteen "issues" over the last few months, all "simple" enough to have not occurred and certainly not been the problems that they were, I think we're rudderless. 

People can choose to discuss these issues or follow the club, irrespective of the amateur outlook that seems to be the case. 

Edited by faraway saint

5 hours ago, TediousTom said:

You haven’t understood why people generally want him to step down. It isn’t because the posts actually offend people like your ‘snowflake’ comment suggests. It’s because they are poor taste & don’t fit with the professionalism we should expect from our chairman. 

27 minutes ago, Slash said:

I can understand that there will be many of JN’s friends from his time living in Paisley who will back their man, but it would have been easier for others to see a full apology from our chairman on our official website. 

It’s not too much to ask. Is it? 

Along the lines of................

I was a bit pished, I made an arse of myself, and St Mirren football club, I'm an arsehole, sincere apologies to all concerned? 

That would have appealed to many of our support. 

1 hour ago, Slash said:

I did notice that our director box was fairly empty as opposed to last Sunday when it was full to capacity.

Given the adverse publicity to the clubs image that JN’s tweets generated you would have expected an apology on official club platforms by now. That’s a full week to prepare a suitable statement. The club even use a PR agency now. 

I can understand that there will be many of JN’s friends from his time living in Paisley who will back their man, but it would have been easier for others to see a full apology from our chairman on our official website. 

It’s not too much to ask. Is it? 

As the SFA don’t think it’s something that warrants them to be concerned or hasty, I can’t see why anyBuddie else should gaf?

I’m no hypocrite.  That would be yourself.

I’m merely pointing out that if the creatures running the system that you fund are not at all exercised by JN’s humour (which incidentally is sticking a finger into their dirty pie, pointing out Scottish fitba’s nasty side), then why should St Mirren fans be so proactive in denigrating one of their own?  

Of course, I know the likely outcome - which is WHY I wrote that!!!

The JN jokes are like fresh air in a sewer.  They mock the poison that persists.  Poison that the authorities (and all the football clubs) turn a blind eye to…

I’d misguidedly hoped simple fans would support one of their own.

8 hours ago, Slash said:

I stopped going to Scotland matches around 2012 in protest at the support The Rangers received and the lack of punishment for the trophy and EBT issues.

I do my best to financially support St Mirren Football club with ST, shareholding, SMiSA subs, B&W subs, etc. What about you?

I stopped going to their grounds as well. I’ve even stopped going to away games as it’s just cost prohibitive for me. I’ve been priced out of the game I still enjoy. 

Maybe I never moved in the same elite social circles as you and JN, but I find no humour in anything he said and I’ve never known you to say anything remotely humorous in all your incarnations. JN is a 60 year old not an adolescent child. I appreciate you are of a similar age. Maybe I will start losing my marbles when I get to your age. 

The SFA & SPL/ SFL handling of that was truly shocking, claims of ‘Armageddon’ for example if clubs didn’t vote as they recommended to put a new club in one of the top two divisions.

It is however one of the few times where I have seen near consensus come from our football clubs. From memory all bar a few (including old Rangers) voted that new clubs start at the bottom. For me I guess that was the strongest ‘punishment’ an unquestionable break in history confirming they’re a new club.  

10 hours ago, Slash said:

I stopped going to Scotland matches around 2012 in protest at the support The Rangers received and the lack of punishment for the trophy and EBT issues.
Me too.

I do my best to financially support St Mirren Football club with ST, shareholding, SMiSA subs, B&W subs, etc. What about you?

me too.

I stopped going to their grounds as well. I’ve even stopped going to away games as it’s just cost prohibitive for me. I’ve been priced out of the game I still enjoy. 
I stopped going to their grounds in the 90s.   And pandemic has stopped me going to any games, for a while.

Maybe I never moved in the same elite social circles as you and JN, but I find no humour in anything he said and I’ve never known you to say anything remotely humorous in all your incarnations. JN is a 60 year old not an adolescent child. I appreciate you are of a similar age. Maybe I will start losing my marbles when I get to your age. 

maybe you have, already.   You lose your marbles round about the same time you lose your sense of humour, I believe.

On 10/31/2021 at 7:20 PM, Mr Optimistic said:

Away and take a good f**k tae yersel and ram your "wee note" up your unimportant sphincter whilst you are at it!

Oh and learn to spell the word represent you utter no mark.  

On 10/31/2021 at 7:33 PM, bazil85 said:

You haven’t understood why people generally want him to step down. It isn’t because the posts actually offend people like your ‘snowflake’ comment suggests. It’s because they are poor taste & don’t fit with the professionalism we should expect from our chairman. 

I understand fine.

I also understand the pathetic fake rage that encompasses people of a certain sad affliction.  This is a non story.  Keeping it alive with this pathetic pish does nothing to help our club.  

55 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

I understand fine.

I also understand the pathetic fake rage that encompasses people of a certain sad affliction.  This is a non story.  Keeping it alive with this pathetic pish does nothing to help our club.  

Your right. As soon as he resigns the story will go with him.

10 hours ago, TediousTom said:

I understand fine.

Your post doesn't seem to suggest you understand. (seemingly most if not all) St Mirren fans angry about this are not angry at the use of the words or the connotations of the messages. They are angry because of the lack of professionalism, ill judgement and negative exposure it has brought onto the club. the word h*n in my experience doesn't in itself offend St Mirren fans. 

A football chairman should be above almost everything else professional & he has not been. As long as you think this is just "snowflake" behaviour, I would say you don't understand the grievances.