Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

3 minutes ago, munoz said:

Goodnight. 

As opposed to Mr Optimistic's view, many Saints fans , season ticket holders and others couldn't give a hoot about his comments. 

Long live John.

He’s dead in the water.. as chairman of St Mirren he’s been charged with bringing the game into disrepute and since he’s apologised it’s difficult to see what his defence will be. It’s one thing hating the old firm and all they stand for. It’s another thing to be Chairman of our great club and do what he did. 

The fact he’s still there says more about him than anyone else.  He’s not been seen since before the Rangers game. Embarrassing. Smisa and the board come out it as amateurs as well. 

1 minute ago, Mr Optimistic said:

He’s dead in the water.. as chairman of St Mirren he’s been charged with bringing the game into disrepute and since he’s apologised it’s difficult to see what his defence will be. It’s one thing hating the old firm and all they stand for. It’s another thing to be Chairman of our great club and do what he did. 

The fact he’s still there says more about him than anyone else.  He’s not been seen since before the Rangers game. Embarrassing. Smisa and the board come out it as amateurs as well. 

I take it your not a member of Smisa?

36 minutes ago, munoz said:

Goodnight. 

As opposed to Mr Optimistic's view, many Saints fans , season ticket holders and others couldn't give a hoot about his comments. 

Long live John.

Apologies for coming back in, how the hell do YOU decide that, IF you have discussed with a small amount of people, or have been reading Facebook, that this has anything close to relevance to the real picture? 

Let's try this, if a Rangers director had made a similar statement about St Mirren fans the same crowd, you included, would be greetin and wailing. 

Hypocrisy and bigotry are not only the traits of Rangers supporters. 

What an important person you must be knowing all these rich people. You must be right.

I have a feeling that he may have canvassed these people at a, ahem, "dinner party".

23 minutes ago, munoz said:

I'm bored now,  too many righteous people that think they know what the majority want. 

Night night.

Good god, irony in the extreme, unless you have concrete evidence WHAT the ,majority want? 

Even IF the majority did see this clowns comments as acceptable it doesn't make it right. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Apologies for coming back in, how the hell do YOU decide that, IF you have discussed with a small amount of people, or have been reading Facebook, that this has anything close to relevance to the real picture? 

Let's try this, if a Rangers director had made a similar statement about St Mirren fans the same crowd, you included, would be greetin and wailing. 

That's very true, Celtic are also guilty of these traits although to a lesser extent. 

56 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Genuinely don’t know a SINGLE St Mirren  supporter whether season ticket, club sponsor, guy who goes when he can or armchair fan who thinks he should not go. 

Really?

We have a similar opinion but, as @munoz, has already claimed this, I seriously doubt this is as one sided as you claim. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Good god, irony in the extreme, unless you have concrete evidence WHAT the ,majority want? 

Even IF the majority did see this clowns comments as acceptable it doesn't make it 

When did I say I did ? Mr Optimistic was suggesting every Saints supporter ( and sponsors) was wanting the chairman gone. 

Just because you find his comments unacceptable doesn't make that so.

You're right, all football fans are hypocrites but that says nothing about being right or wrong.

If a Rangers director had said similar about St Mirren fans for doing the same thing I would say "f**k you, we won the league, get it f**king round ye ya twat". [emoji16]

19 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You're right, all football fans are hypocrites but that says nothing about being right or wrong.

If a Rangers director had said similar about St Mirren fans for doing the same thing I would say "f**k you, we won the league, get it f**king round ye ya twat". emoji16.png

Indeed, and that ends the debate, playing to the "crowd", pish poor TBH. 

This is hilarious, let's see what happens, but the silence from the club has been shameful, allowing the SFA to take the lead. 

I know the original tweet has been deleted but I just searched and found it The tweet has 504 likes which I would imagine came from Saints Fans………………………………………………… who don’t know Mr Optimistic

As Slash had stated in a few posts above, the issue here is that a man of his position/standing has written those words.

The reality is if he still held that Senior post in the bank or indeed any other company he would be told to resign or fired, reason being writing things like that constitutes hate crime whilst simultaneously dragging our club name through the mud. Also sponsors to not like being associated with stuff like that.

The reason no-one has heard from him or indeed any other board members is because his position is totally untenable.

On 10/29/2021 at 7:57 AM, faraway saint said:

For the people squirming about and trying to write this bridge tweet off as s joke ask yourself, would it be a joke if it had been disabled people on the bridge, or black people?

If a Rangers supporter, or director, had tweeted the same tweet about St Mirren fans crossing a bridge the same people who are trying to dismiss this as a joke would be having a meltdown 

Aye, hypocrisy is stinking out the forum.

7 hours ago, Slash said:

If JN was referring to Pakistanis, Blacks or disabled people marching during the lockdown would he still be in position?

It was idiotic in his position to publicly make those comments and drag the good name of our club down. His position is untenable, especially as he did not even even make a formal apology to club shareholders, fans and SMiSA members using our own communication channels. 

He, surely, wouldn't be still hanging onto his position but it's ok to say the same thing about another group of people? 

If JN was referring to Pakistanis, Blacks or disabled people marching during the lockdown would he still be in position?

And if he was referring to rapists, paedos or nazis marching during lockdown would it even be an issue?

Picking random "groups" obviously does nothing to help clarify the point.

Get a grip, l am no sevco or septic sympathiser but my views, like yours reflect well or badly on me as an individual JN's reflect badly on our club and that's the issue, attempts to trivialise it merely drag you down to the level of bigot fans and their excusing of their chanting.

57 minutes ago, Slarti said:

And if he was referring to rapists, paedos or nazis marching during lockdown would it even be an issue?

Picking random "groups" obviously does nothing to help clarify the point.

I see the forum loonball is sitting side saddle with your view. :lol:

If there was any doubt you're all over the place it's gone now. :byebye

I see the forum loonball is sitting side saddle with your view. [emoji38]
If there was any doubt you're all over the place it's gone now. :byebye
As you say, he's a loonball, he hasn't a clue what he's liking or agreeing with, so it's irrelevant.

How am I all over the place?