Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

I see that the so called Scottish Football Association are charging our man John Needham for having a go at their favourite rascist bigots. Time for every true Saint to get behind John. 

Whether you think his comments were right or wrong, its now gone way past that. A blow against our Chairman is a blow against every Saint. 

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

I see that the so called Scottish Football Association are charging our man John Needham for having a go at their favourite rascist bigots. Time for every true Saint to get behind John. 

Whether you think his comments were right or wrong, its now gone way past that. A blow against our Chairman is a blow against every Saint. 

No it isn't. 

It's a matter of record what John Needham did. Yet nobody has claimed responsibility for ‘discovering’ those tweets. Why would a Rangers fan trawl St Mirren directors before a game against SEVCO? 
Word is Mr Needham is a decent fellow who was standing up to Kibble’s Rangers/Celtic reps on a board that is now totally split. 
I was told at chance meeting with a SMiSA member this morning that it is common knowledge within SMiSA and the club that this was a Kibble fuelled attempt to ‘get’ John Needham off the board.
I sincerely hope this is untrue but vice chairman is Mr Gillespie of Kibble. No wonder John Needham is keeping quiet. He may have done wrong but does not deserve this.
Oddly and not challenged was Kibble’s decision to put out a statement as Kibble rather than as directors of our club. So quickly its difficult to believe any discussion had taken place at board level. They say their views were only ‘made known’. It was published on IBROX NEWS.
Needham has apologised for his comments but it seems as if that isn’t enough for Kibble who are furious.‘We wish to completely disassociate ourselves from these very ill considered and unacceptable comments. These views were made known to St Mirren board members over the weekend’.
Make up your own minds but lots of problems this season have lead directly back to Kibble. If true it is they who should go.
I hope he stays.

It's a matter of record what John Needham did. Yet nobody has claimed responsibility for ‘discovering’ those tweets. Why would a Rangers fan trawl St Mirren directors before a game against SEVCO? 
Word is Mr Needham is a decent fellow who was standing up to Kibble’s Rangers/Celtic reps on a board that is now totally split. 
I was told at chance meeting with a SMiSA member this morning that it is common knowledge within SMiSA and the club that this was a Kibble fuelled attempt to ‘get’ John Needham off the board.
I sincerely hope this is untrue but vice chairman is Mr Gillespie of Kibble. No wonder John Needham is keeping quiet. He may have done wrong but does not deserve this.
Oddly and not challenged was Kibble’s decision to put out a statement as Kibble rather than as directors of our club. So quickly its difficult to believe any discussion had taken place at board level. They say their views were only ‘made known’. It was published on IBROX NEWS.
Needham has apologised for his comments but it seems as if that isn’t enough for Kibble who are furious.‘We wish to completely disassociate ourselves from these very ill considered and unacceptable comments. These views were made known to St Mirren board members over the weekend’.
Make up your own minds but lots of problems this season have lead directly back to Kibble. If true it is they who should go.
I hope he stays.

Yes there has been. A twitter account going by the name ulstergirl.

Who's word?

As a SMISA member it wasn't me, are they able to confirm your comments you've attributed to them?

Ibrox News report was 2 days after it appeared in the Daily Record who approached the Kibble with the usual threats, give us a comment or we'll publish you are not decrying sectarianism, 5 days after it was revealed on twitter.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/st-mirren-chairman-slammed-rangers-25297513

https://www.ibroxnews.com/2021/10/27/john-needham-slammed-by-charity-for-rangers-comments/

Right, settling down to watch the game now after laughing at your conspiracy theories [emoji1787]

Your all missing the point, it doesn’t matter what he said or who it was directed towards, he acted unprofessionally and will have to face the music. You just need to look at previous chairman, none of them over posted stupid posts like the ones that John posted. 

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

9 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Your all missing the point, it doesn’t matter what he said or who it was directed towards, he acted unprofessionally and will have to face the music. You just need to look at previous chairman, none of them over posted stupid posts like the ones that John posted. 

I'm not. :rolleyes:

Many are, and are trying their best to deflect from the lack of professionalism because punters are punters and can't differentiate between what the guys on the terraces think and what the top guys at a professional football club decide to post in public. 

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not. :rolleyes:

Many are, and are trying their best to deflect from the lack of professionalism because punters are punters and can't differentiate between what the guys on the terraces think and what the top guys at a professional football club decide to post in public. 

Poor FS, turns all snowflakey when his beloved Sevco get targeted..😂                                                                  Considering the fact that you contribute the square root of f**k-all to the coffers of our club does anyone really give a f**k what your opinion is..... 

Edited by Helmettroll

2 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Poor FS, turns all snowflakey when his beloved Sevco get targeted..😂                                                                  Considering the fact that you contribute the square root of f**k-all to the coffers of our club does anyone really give a f**k what your opinion is..... 

Aww diddums, are you all upset?  :lol:

Away and give Mummy a cuddle, she'll tell you it's ok to be a dimwit. :byebye

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

It DOES matter what he said!

I being “professional” means buying into lies anD continuing to pretend they’re true, then JN is Perfect Buddie for NOT playing that SHITE game!

he said exactly what most Buddies would say if they were as witty and sharp as he was.

Previous chairs of St Mirren have kow-towed and lent over backwards to pacify the Twin Cheeks.

Even Mr Gilmour (blessed may be) bought into the Armageddon shit.

St Mirren and Scotland would be healthier without them… the twin cheeks….

but especially without the new club and its bigots

20 hours ago, Livinginthepast said:

Bollox... youre obviously a true Ned

He made a stupid mistake. He has apologised to Sevco and St Mirren.

He called out the Sevco fans for behaviour that was selfish and putting lives at risk through the spreading of Covid before the vaccination was in place. Everyone in the country was making big sacrifices at that point. Sevco as a club and their players actively encouraged this behaviour. No action from the SFA. 

Their fans on their recent visit to St Mirren Park spray painted graffiti around the stadium, broke more than 100 seats and sang sectarian songs. No action from the SFA (as far as I’m aware?) Did Sevco apologise to St Mirren for the damage their ‘supporters’ caused that day?

John Needham let St Mirren down badly with his use of language in criticising Sevco fans, due to his position on the Saints board at the time. I was initially split down the middle about whether he should resign or not, but as time goes on and we all reflect on the blind eye that the SFA have turned towards the “Old” Firm for decades, especially the blue half, I think his apology is enough.

I understand people saying that he is sinking down to Sevco levels, but there’s a big difference. Two wrongs don’t make a right, but at least he has taken responsibility for his unacceptable behaviour and said sorry, unlike Sevco.

All the other Scottish clubs need to stand up against the institutionalised bigotry that seems to be accepted by the SFA, as well as the preferential treatment that the pair of them receive and John Needham resigning is giving in to them. 

Time to move on. 

Well said my friend,,,  there's no doubt John made a mistake and what will be will be but that alone won't solve nothing 

The two Glasgow clubs directors and officials have dined out on the sectarianism and bigotry of their fans for over a 100 years I don't recall any of them ever been dragged over the coals by the football authorities..... and certainly never by their own fans.  

This problem of sectarianism is their making and not John Needham's and every other club suffers the consequences of it...   how ironic 

• 2 weeks later...

St Mirren AGM next month?

Would be a good time for current chairman  and CEO to stand down .

Tony is 65 now and should step down as CEO but continue as Ambassador  at the club ,a role that suits him well.

We can then get a fully qualified  and vetted CEO in ,it will be more expensive  but as Smisa is still raising 100k in every year we should be able to get a quality person in.

This would sort out the dysfunctioning parts of the club that have let us down time and time again and reconnect  the club to its base support.

22 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Tony is 65 now and should step down as CEO but continue as Ambassador  at the club ,a role that suits him well.

We can then get a fully qualified  and vetted CEO in ,it will be more expensive  but as Smisa is still raising 100k in every year we should be able to get a quality person in.

This would sort out the dysfunctioning parts of the club that have let us down time and time again and reconnect  the club to its base support.

What is your issue with Tony? He has overseen a consistent rise in the clubs results and position on the park over the last five years as well as being part of a backroom team that has kept us operating in the black unlike almost all our rivals. 

He shouldn't fall on his sword because of the chairman's naivety, ignorance and lack of professionalism, 

Edited by bazil85

23 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Agree on Tony, we need someone who is sharp and has the experience to get things done, not just talk about the good old days or aiming for the moon with both eyes shut. 

What a load of rubbish. So your happy for Rangers to pick our board and chairman. Sure if you go back far enough we've all said things we shouldn't have. I def have. John has apologised. That's plenty imo. I'm backing the chairman. As for Tony what has being 65 got to do with the job he's doing. He's done a great job promoting our club. And he's well respected in the game.