Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

18 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

What a load of rubbish. So your happy for Rangers to pick our board and chairman. Sure if you go back far enough we've all said things we shouldn't have. I def have. John has apologised. That's plenty imo. I'm backing the chairman. As for Tony what has being 65 got to do with the job he's doing. He's done a great job promoting our club. And he's well respected in the game.

So he will make a great Ambassador  

Friday 5 November 2021

Alleged Party in Breach: John Needham, Chairman, St. Mirren FC

Disciplinary Rules allegedly breached: 

Disciplinary Rule 71 - No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Disciplinary Rule 73 - No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.

Disciplinary Rule 77 - A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent Conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

Principal hearing date: Thursday 2 December 2021

Thursday should be interesting 

31 minutes ago, alanb said:
Friday 5 November 2021

Disciplinary Rule 71 - No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official, or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall bring the game into disrepute.

Disciplinary Rule 73 - No recognised football body, club, official, Team Official or other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall in an interview, a ‘blog’ on the internet, on a social networking or microblogging site, or in any other manner calculated or likely to lead to publicity, make comment(s) of a discriminatory or offensive nature based on, but not limited to, race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation or disability, or that endorse or encourage foul play or violent Conduct or are otherwise offensive. There shall be a presumption that any material published in such a manner was published in the name of and/or with the authority of the person or body bearing to have published the material.

Disciplinary Rule 77 - A recognised football body, club, official, Team Official, other member of Team Staff, player, match official or other person under the jurisdiction of the Scottish FA shall, at all times, act in the best interests of Association Football. Furthermore such person or body shall not act in any manner which is improper or use any one, or a combination of, violent Conduct, serious foul play, threatening, abusive, indecent or insulting words or behaviour.

So innocent on all counts then.

57 minutes ago, alanb said:
Friday 5 November 2021

Here's how it'll go, he'll be found guilty and the wailing and moaning will reach new heights about corrupt SFA, Rangers/OF bias etc.

He'll get off and the whooping from the same wailers above will reach new heights. 

Easy this predicting thing. :wink:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Here's how it'll go, he'll be found guilty and the wailing and moaning will reach new heights about corrupt SFA, Rangers/OF bias etc.

He'll get off and the whooping from the same wailers above will reach new heights. 

Easy this predicting thing. :wink:

Best outcome is a severe censure and warning to keep his trap shut in future (maybe find better material)

14 hours ago, alanb said:

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Agree, if he's found guilty at this SFA investigation (which can't imagine he won't be) I don't see how he can continue in such a position. 

Aye, given the silence from both the club and SMiSA, Friday may well be more interesting 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Agree, if he's found guilty at this SFA investigation (which can't imagine he won't be) I don't see how he can continue in such a position. 

Furthermore any sanctions imposed by the SFA are on him. The club had the ability and the time to distance themselves from this and chose not to. 

Fear a melt down on Friday !

There is a disappointing lack of loyalty and support for one of our own who seems to be in some bother.

We have a song. It goes a bit like this. 'We'll go wherever St Mirren go.......... We'll take you on wherever you may be. We are the boys from Paisley'

Its one of my favourites as it sums up the 'one for all' spirit of our famous support. I dont really think it means we get into fist fights incidentally.

I'm sure you must have joined in.

So get behind John. Or if you cant do that then just keep quite, and dont join in that song next time.

5 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

There is a disappointing lack of loyalty and support for one of our own who seems to be in some bother.

We have a song. It goes a bit like this. 'We'll go wherever St Mirren go.......... We'll take you on wherever you may be. We are the boys from Paisley'

Its one of my favourites as it sums up the 'one for all' spirit of our famous support. I dont really think it means we get into fist fights incidentally.

So get behind John. Or if you cant do that then just keep quite, and dont join in that song next time.

Why should we show loyalty and support to this man? I had hardly heard of him until a couple of years ago. He has got himself into this position and let the club, the fans and himself down massively. I don't feel a shred of loyalty is owed to him as he hasn't done anything to gain trust and certainly nothing to earn my respect. 

27 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

He is not a Paisley man

4 minutes ago, mattman said:

think the only people still up in arms about this whole thing is a handful of fans on here 😂

It's one thing for opposing fans to kick the club whenever we're down.  It's another when people on here constantly feed them by posting on here.  It's a nothing affair, a slap on the wrist thing and quite funny as well.  In the words of my granddaughter "Let It Go"" ffs.

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:
17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:
He is not a Paisley man

You saying only people from Paisley can support St Mirren. So he doesn't qualify for the same loyalty as Paisley fans. Sad man

I was referring  to the words of the song!

There are not many fans actually live in Paisley these days maybe only 2000 out of our regular support of 3200 live in Paisley

We have lost connection with the town ,no club shop ,no lottery in the Piazza , 99% of the people in town have no idea who will be playing at the next game ,or when it is.

10 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

It's one thing for opposing fans to kick the club whenever we're down.  It's another when people on here constantly feed them by posting on here.  It's a nothing affair, a slap on the wrist thing and quite funny as well.  In the words of my granddaughter "Let It Go"" ffs.

You're accusing fans, who are as entitled to their opinion as anyone, of feeding other teams support?

Away. 😂

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

You're accusing fans, who are as entitled to their opinion as anyone, of feeding other teams support?

Away. 😂

A guy that has built up over 50,000 comments from attacking other St Mirren fans. Of course he doesn't like being challenged on this and hides behind his ignore button taking snipes from the comfort of his wee bubble but that's another story... He isn't the only one of course  :whistle

image.png.4ab52cd05f8494c5810286c63ba06eb2.png

1 hour ago, rabuddies said:

It's far from a nothing affair. The derogatory remarks were far from funny. It was unbecoming and reckless of him and in my opinion makes him unsuitable to be the figurehead of the club that I have supported for many years. By his stubbornness to voluntary resign he is continuing to allow this to fester. I cannot believe fellow Directors have not taken appropriate action to remove him from his position. 

19 minutes ago, hamlet said:

It's far from a nothing affair. The derogatory remarks were far from funny. It was unbecoming and reckless of him and in my opinion makes him unsuitable to be the figurehead of the club that I have supported for many years. By his stubbornness to voluntary resign he is continuing to allow this to fester. I cannot believe fellow Directors have not taken appropriate action to remove him from his position. 

It is a nothing affair. The guy told a few jokes on Twitter. That's literally what he did, but Rangers fans have found them offensive. I'm annoyed with Needham for offering an apology. 

Edited by W6er

32 minutes ago, hamlet said:

When you add in the state of the club in so many areas this could be a blessing in disguise, get rid and get someone in who has a clue how to run a football club.