Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

People on the John Needham thread clearly trying to stoke a reaction IN ADVANCE against John Needham. 
Look at those comments. Nothing but he must go even if he is only censored.
Kibble staff ?

Here’s some news… not conspiracy theories. From a source (how secret does that sound?) but secret it must remain.
A poster on the thread commented SMiSA and the board are very quiet at the moment.
No wonder!
John Needham is being targeted by Kibble.

Kibble are trying to gag SMiSA board to this. Don’t believe me or my sources? 

Fine. No problem. Just ask around. And just consider that as soon as any kind of proper examination of the Asigura/catering/security/training ground fiascos started Kibble went to ground and Asigura disappeared. No denials from Kibble. Says it all. 
Two members of Kibble board are ex RBS as is John. The two Kibblers on our board thought they might be able to use that connection to control or influence JN. He was having none of it and look where we are.

Here’s part of a message I received this evening from a person- don’t want to say whether male or female because of potential employment threat - and I quote, ’WTF is going on at the club. A SMiSA member is being threatened by legal action from Kibble if he/she even discusses this situation. 

Kibble! Taking or threatening legal action against St Mirren directors or SMiSA board members. What a scandal.
‘This needs to get out there. Our club is contaminated with people who do not care about it while good honest St Mirren supporters try to figure out just what is going on.

‘Well I don’t care who you tell.’

So I have. Don't bother wasting time denying all this Kibble posters. The truth will out, it always does.

I'm impressed - you are absolutely 100% correct. My sources have confirmed it. I have a lengthy post ready to go but I've just sent it to a few well informed pals to give it a quick once over before I post but, essentially, it says exactly what you are saying. As you say, the truth of this story is out there - I have lots of friends who are sharing the scandal of Kibble taking legal action. KIBBLE TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST OUR CLUB??? Well said, animal, but be prepared for an avalanche of criticism from the plants among this forum - the dirty tricks campaign is well under way. Look out for my similar post.

51 minutes ago, doakie said:

I'm impressed - you are absolutely 100% correct. My sources have confirmed it. I have a lengthy post ready to go but I've just sent it to a few well informed pals to give it a quick once over before I post but, essentially, it says exactly what you are saying. As you say, the truth of this story is out there - I have lots of friends who are sharing the scandal of Kibble taking legal action. KIBBLE TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST OUR CLUB??? Well said, animal, but be prepared for an avalanche of criticism from the plants among this forum - the dirty tricks campaign is well under way. Look out for my similar post.

Okay Doakie

1 hour ago, animal said:

People on the John Needham thread clearly trying to stoke a reaction IN ADVANCE against John Needham. 
Look at those comments. Nothing but he must go even if he is only censored.
Kibble staff ?

Here’s some news… not conspiracy theories. From a source (how secret does that sound?) but secret it must remain.
A poster on the thread commented SMiSA and the board are very quiet at the moment.
No wonder!
John Needham is being targeted by Kibble.

Kibble are trying to gag SMiSA board to this. Don’t believe me or my sources? 

Fine. No problem. Just ask around. And just consider that as soon as any kind of proper examination of the Asigura/catering/security/training ground fiascos started Kibble went to ground and Asigura disappeared. No denials from Kibble. Says it all. 
Two members of Kibble board are ex RBS as is John. The two Kibblers on our board thought they might be able to use that connection to control or influence JN. He was having none of it and look where we are.

Here’s part of a message I received this evening from a person- don’t want to say whether male or female because of potential employment threat - and I quote, ’WTF is going on at the club. A SMiSA member is being threatened by legal action from Kibble if he/she even discusses this situation. 

Kibble! Taking or threatening legal action against St Mirren directors or SMiSA board members. What a scandal.
‘This needs to get out there. Our club is contaminated with people who do not care about it while good honest St Mirren supporters try to figure out just what is going on.

‘Well I don’t care who you tell.’

So I have. Don't bother wasting time denying all this Kibble posters. The truth will out, it always does.

56 minutes ago, doakie said:

Intriguing 

The facts need to be shared asap

Has a major shareholder in a club ever took legal action against their club before?

1 hour ago, doakie said:

Absolutely rubbish, don’t believe a word of it, etc etc etc 

6A2591AA-49C2-4825-B600-7D2ECF5233B8.jpeg

9 hours ago, HSS said:

What’s worse?A wee JOKE about sevco or………………..

I won’t hold my breath waiting on that disciplinary case being called by the SFA

scumbags

I don't think anyone is claiming for one second that what Needham did was worse than what so many Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) fans have done over the years. The facts of the matter are, a football chairman should not be making these comments about another teams fans plunging into the Clyde, and should not be vocally calling them h*** (regardless of how long ago it was) on social media. 

For me, your post is just whataboutery. 

I don't think anyone is claiming for one second that what Needham did was worse than what so many Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) fans have done over the years. The facts of the matter are, a football chairman should not be making these comments about another teams fans plunging into the Clyde, and should not be vocally calling them h*** (regardless of how long ago it was) on social media. 
For me, your post is just whataboutery. 

Didn't he write he Didn't want them in the water.

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah because of the pollution or some nonsense like that, it didn't make the post any less unprofessional for someone in his position (and the position he was set to take up)

He has not tweeted since his "apology".

Pity he did not delete his twitter account the day he said yes to becoming Chairman.

Edited by alanb

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Yeah because of the pollution or some nonsense like that, it didn't make the post any less unprofessional for someone in his position (and the position he was set to take up)

In fairness, there’s arguably been a lot of unprofessionalism from club/board over recent months - in terms of business operations, decision making and mistakes of the football club - but most/all of it has been given a pass, without even an apology. Much if it put down to teething problems, transition, etc. 

Here, we have an example of someone new simply saying something stupid. He has apologised but now there’s apparently no leeway or not understanding for mistakes? 

Just seems a bit strange if you ask me. 

44 minutes ago, Maboza said:

In fairness, there’s arguably been a lot of unprofessionalism from club/board over recent months - in terms of business operations, decision making and mistakes of the football club - but most/all of it has been given a pass, without even an apology. Much if it put down to teething problems, transition, etc. 

Here, we have an example of someone new simply saying something stupid. He has apologised but now there’s apparently no leeway or not understanding for mistakes? 

It’s our chairman for goodness sake.

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

For me it highlights far bigger problems in his professionalism and capability. I have no issues with the "Sevco" reference, it's a fine way to separate the two clubs. Him making comments abut h*** and the river post is just not something a person in his position that had a shred of common sense would be making.

42 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

For me it highlights far bigger problems in his professionalism and capability. I have no issues with the "Sevco" reference, it's a fine way to separate the two clubs. Him making comments abut h*** and the river post is just not something a person in his position that had a shred of common sense would be making.

Simply put. The chairman should comment only on his own club.

I think I heard that Chris Sutton was banned from Ibrox when he was due to go there recently as part of a Sky or BT team to commentate.

Now I quite accept that Chris Sutton has said a few things in the past that really are pretty basic and biased opinions, but probably fall some way short of what our Chairman said.

So do we now have to assume that John Needham is unlikely to be welcome anywhere near Ibrox? If so that puts him in a rather invidious position as we play them at least twice a season at their home ground.

That having been said many of their fans have said and sung pretty unsavoury words about St Mirren (and other clubs) in the past, so should they not get banned also?:rolleyes:

Edited by The Original 59er

1 hour ago, The Original 59er said:

I think I heard that Chris Sutton was banned from Ibrox when he was due to go there recently as part of a Sky or BT team to commentate.

Now I quite accept that Chris Sutton has said a few things in the past that really are pretty basic and biased opinions, but probably fall some way short of what our Chairman said.

So do we now have to assume that John Needham is unlikely to be welcome anywhere near Ibrox? If so that puts him in a rather invidious position as we play them at least twice a season at their home ground.

That having been said many of their fans have said and sung pretty unsavoury words about St Mirren (and other clubs) in the past, so should they not get banned also?:rolleyes:

Were any of them chairman or club officials? No I didn’t think so. No one would give two hoots if it was fans making these comments. The fact is he represents our football club and the family values that the club and to a greater extent the league represent. The fact that he also wrote similar comments when he was head of RBS is perplexing! 

7 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Were any of them chairman or club officials? No I didn’t think so. No one would give two hoots if it was fans making these comments. The fact is he represents our football club and the family values that the club and to a greater extent the league represent. The fact that he also wrote similar comments when he was head of RBS is perplexing! 

100%, how anyone can't see the difference between a "football pundit" or your average supporter and a professional clubs football chairman is astonishing. 

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. He didn't make any of those posts in an official capacity. If he's upset a few bluenose fans or officials then they can choose to not attend games at our place and/or ban him from their place. No Sevco fan I have spoke to about it is offended in the slightest though, admittedly, it has only been a few. If the law want to charge him for using the h word then that is something he will have to deal with though, to date, they haven't. In my opinion it originated from just a few bigots trying to deflect from their own behaviour with some whataboutery.

20 minutes ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I really don't see what all the fuss is about. He didn't make any of those posts in an official capacity. If he's upset a few bluenose fans or officials then they can choose to not attend games at our place and/or ban him from their place. No Sevco fan I have spoke to about it is offended in the slightest though, admittedly, it has only been a few. If the law want to charge him for using the h word then that is something he will have to deal with though, to date, they haven't. In my opinion it originated from just a few bigots trying to deflect from their own behaviour with some whataboutery.

We know you don't, but it's just as obvious it's people who are really against Rangers are supporting his utter unprofessional tweets, no matter what capacity it was or wasn't in.

It shows a real flaw in his character, it's put, no matter how many Rangers supporters you have spoke to, the club in a position it didn't need and adds to the complete shitfest the club seem to be in behind the scenes. 

What you, or I think, is irrelevant, it's what the SFA think, and the club after Thursdays decision. 

We're in circles here, roll on Thursday, popcorn at the ready. 

Edited by faraway saint