Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We know you don't, but it's just as obvious it's people who are really against Rangers are supporting his utter unprofessional tweets, no matter what capacity it was or wasn't in.

It shows a real flaw in his character, it's put, no matter how many Rangers supporters you have spoke to, the club in a position it didn't need and adds to the complete shitfest the club seem to be in behind the scenes. 

What you, or I think, is irrelevant, it's what the SFA think, and the club after Thursdays decision. 

We're in circles here, roll on Thursday, popcorn at the ready. 

I am perturbed by this.

On 11/29/2021 at 9:22 PM, doakie said:

I'm impressed - you are absolutely 100% correct. My sources have confirmed it. I have a lengthy post ready to go but I've just sent it to a few well informed pals to give it a quick once over before I post but, essentially, it says exactly what you are saying. As you say, the truth of this story is out there - I have lots of friends who are sharing the scandal of Kibble taking legal action. KIBBLE TAKING LEGAL ACTION AGAINST OUR CLUB??? Well said, animal, but be prepared for an avalanche of criticism from the plants among this forum - the dirty tricks campaign is well under way. Look out for my similar post.

Time Smisa bought them out 

The statement tonight from Smisa regarding Alec White mentions he will join Messrs Needham , Scott and Wardrop , as Smisa's reps on the BOD. I think we can take it from that  , that if JN gets his knuckles rapped for his comments, then Smisa , the major shareholder , will stand by him , which , IMO , is the way it should be !

On 11/29/2021 at 5:43 PM, faraway saint said:

The SFA obviously don't see it as a "nothing affair", let's see what Thursday brings.

Can't wait:byebye

That's what i'm hearing that you and BAZ the impaler have already built a execution platform in Gallowhill  :shutup

Below ⬇️  Jihadi Faraway delivers the ultimate penalty for blasphemy against The Glorious Glasgow Rangers 

beheading episode 11 GIF

On 11/30/2021 at 9:21 AM, bazil85 said:

I don't think anyone is claiming for one second that what Needham did was worse than what so many Rangers (and Celtic for that matter) fans have done over the years. The facts of the matter are, a football chairman should not be making these comments about another teams fans plunging into the Clyde, and should not be vocally calling them h*** (regardless of how long ago it was) on social media. 

For me, your post is just whataboutery. 

For me, your post simply demonstrates (as if you’d never made it plainly obvious before…) that you’re a poor soul, bereft of a sense of humour.

it was, it IS, funny.  :)

5 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

That's what i'm hearing that you and BAZ the impaler have already built a execution platform in Gallowhill  :shutup

Below ⬇️  Jihadi Faraway delivers the ultimate penalty for blasphemy against The Glorious Glasgow Rangers 

beheading episode 11 GIF

I like your ironic use of an executioner.

is that masked man someone from HMRC who is about the swing the axe down on Rangers, the deid club?

or does the head actually live on for 12 years afterwards, in order to keep 55 league titles…?

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

I like your ironic use of an executioner.

is that masked man someone from HMRC who is about the swing the axe down on Rangers, the deid club?

or does the head actually live on for 12 years afterwards, in order to keep 55 league titles…?

Be careful with that kinda talk or your head will be on the block next... Faraway has already stated they are the same club :lol:

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

beheading episode 11 GIF

Quite like that, my reputation proceeds me... 

1 hour ago, antrin said:

For me, your post simply demonstrates (as if you’d never made it plainly obvious before…) that you’re a poor soul, bereft of a sense of humour.

it was, it IS, funny.  :)

I don't think it was particularly funny, if it came from someone else I would have breezed past it.

But I think this demonstrates you don't really understand why many St Mirren fans have issue with it. It's nothing to do with how funny/ unfunny someone finds it or if it offends (certainly doesn't offend me & I doubt it offended many Sevco fans) or not. It's about his position, the professionalism and complete lack of awareness regarding the position he's put himself and the club in. Given he has publicly apologised, seems John himself realises he has made an a**e of it. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I don't think it was particularly funny, if it came from someone else I would have breezed past it.

But I think this demonstrates you don't really understand why many St Mirren fans have issue with it. It's nothing to do with how funny/ unfunny someone finds it or if it offends (certainly doesn't offend me & I doubt it offended many Sevco fans) or not. It's about his position, the professionalism and complete lack of awareness regarding the position he's put himself and the club in. Given he has publicly apologised, seems John himself realises he has made an a**e of it. 

You have to separate the he is a fan aspect to he is a representative of the club management. Some on here can’t differentiate from the two.

The fact he has apologised is an admission that he did not behave professionally.

Let’s see if hypothetically a fine of say £20k is handed out tomorrow what fans and the boards reaction will be. 

10 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

You have to separate the he is a fan aspect to he is a representative of the club management. Some on here can’t differentiate from the two.

The fact he has apologised is an admission that he did not behave professionally.

Let’s see if hypothetically a fine of say £20k is handed out tomorrow what fans and the boards reaction will be. 

Considering we were once hit with a 25k fine for failure to list at least 2 U21 players in a match against Spartans, I'd be pretty happy happy with a hypothetical 20k fine. 

Then we can all move on from this minor distraction. 

29 minutes ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

It will be interesting to me if anything is levied towards the club such as a fine, if so it should absolutely be out of his pocket, if not, as you say it will be interesting to see people's reaction. 

As I said long ago on this thread, if the the Authorities believed it to problematic, it would not have been punted down the road for later review.

now the only people interested in it, who are demanding punishment and who keep stoking the fire…

….are weird St Mirren “fans”.

Nuts.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

As I said long ago on this thread, if the the Authorities believed it to problematic, it would not have been punted down the road for later review.

now the only people interested in it, who are demanding punishment and who keep stoking the fire…

Nuts.

Are you new to Scottish football and its management, maybe this case isn't quite the "cinch" some think it should be?

Edited by bazil85

15 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nuts.

Some St Mirren "fans" think more about St Mirren than they do about Rangers.

I know that's a head buster for you, go take some tramadol and calm down, tomorrow will bring whatever he deserves and that will be that.........................or will it? :rolleyes:

21 minutes ago, antrin said:

Nuts.

I am a  St Mirren fan but certainly not weird. Your comment is derogatory to many "fans". It seems the reason he should have resigned is being lost. He should have resigned when his stupidity came to light and I do not buy " he has apologised" which may only have been on the advice of more sensible persons. The damage had already been done.

A person representing a Company, in this case St Mirren Football Club Limited, is expected to maintain certain standards on behalf of its shareholders and in this case a crass joke on a social media platform indicates that he is unsuitable for the position.

3 minutes ago, hamlet said:

I am a  St Mirren fan but certainly not weird. Your comment is derogatory to many "fans". It seems the reason he should have resigned is being lost.

It is not lost.  There was a joke.

There is No Reason other than a smattering of self-selected “fans” with no sense of humour…

…and also weird snowflakes who get distraught when they are described in ways that hurt them.  Somehow.  :rolleyes: