Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

3 hours ago, WeeBud said:

Possibly because the direct make-up of the board (and shareholding) allows a situation where nobody is truly independent and "party" lines have to be followed. I have nothing personally against "Kibble" but have had a concern from the outset that they will always and only prioritise "Kibble's" best interests, there is nothing wrong in that other than it might not always be in St Mirren's best interest.

Then need neutral  chairman?

Pay the fine. Move on. 

Back the Chairman, and don’t bend over to the demands of the Old Firm scum and faux outrage. 

We can then get on with scrutinising the performance of our Chairman’s effectiveness with SMFC matters - business operations, finances, communication and results on the pitch - this is what should matter most rather than this storm in a tea cup. 

Edited by Maboza

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

Pay the fine. Move on. 

Back the Chairman, and don’t bend over to the demands of the Old Firm scum and faux outrage. 

We can then get on with scrutinising the performance of our Chairman’s effectiveness with SMFC matters - business operations, finances, communication and results on the pitch - this is what should matter most rather than this storm in a tea cup. 

Based on these key performance  indicators  ,he should go!

Well done SMISA, well done St Mirren. Handled like the absolute amateurs you are. Fined 6 grand and no one saying anthing. What a joke.

Apart from bringing shame on our club I'd love to know what this idiot has done for the club since his appointment. Answers on the back of a £5000 cheque made payable to the SFA.

Edited by Mr Optimistic

18 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Well done SMISA, well done St Mirren. Handled like the absolute amateurs you are. Fined 6 grand and no one saying anthing. What a joke.

Apart from bring shame on our club I'd love to know what this idiot has done for the club since his appointment. Answers on the back of a £5000 cheque made payable to the SFA.

What a pile of wank indeed.

First of all, being so quick to jump on social media to decry the club is not the behaviour befitting a supporter.  It is the behaviour of an attention seeker.

Secondly, the club have acted properly and professionally in maintaining a dignified silence.  The matter has been heard, the bunnet's in blazers have acquiesced to the blue bigots and a meaningless punishment has been brought upon our fine club.  The matter is closed and I commend the club in its actions thereafter.  

Well done The Saint Mirren Professional Football Club Pte Ltd Co, well done indeed.

7 minutes ago, TediousTom said:

What a pile of wank indeed.

First of all, being so quick to jump on social media to decry the club is not the behaviour befitting a supporter.  It is the behaviour of an attention seeker.

Secondly, the club have acted properly and professionally in maintaining a dignified silence.  The matter has been heard, the bunnet's in blazers have acquiesced to the blue bigots and a meaningless punishment has been brought upon our fine club.  The matter is closed and I commend the club in its actions thereafter.  

Well done The Saint Mirren Professional Football Club Pte Ltd Co, well done indeed.

Indeed. 

Any additional communication on this matter would only have continued to fuel the fire. There was nothing to be gained - as seen from the escalation post-apology.  

It appears to be one thing that the club has got right. 

41 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Now some people want fans to pay for his stupidity and have set up a go fund me page. You couldn't make it up!! Some people obviously have more money than sense.

They can f**k right off with that. It was his own stupid mistake  so he can put his hands in his own pockets.

Apart from bringing shame on our club I'd love to know what this idiot has done for the club since his appointment. Answers on the back of a £5000 cheque made payable to the SFA.
"Shame on our club"? Don't be so ridiculous. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

AFAIK, only the bridge tweet dates from his time on the board, therefore that was all he should have been judged on. A £6k fine for that seems a bit excessive to me but let's see what happens, now a precedent has been set, and anybody from Sevco or Celtic makes a statement that could in any way be deemed offensive. I won't hold my breath.

4 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Yip. 

They'll be a few who've posted on here in support donating a decent sum I'd imagine? :wink:

A quick click on the link and some have 

some anonymous and some named too

Takes all sorts and hardly doubt he needed any financial assistance 

Edited by alanb

2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Now some people want fans to pay for his stupidity and have set up a go fund me page. You couldn't make it up!! Some people obviously have more money than sense.

Do you have a link to the page?