Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Popped you off ignore to see if you added anything worthwhile, nope.

The detail, and, even I have heard various aspects of this before now, provided would indicate, to anyone with half a brain, there's something going on.

You, as you have throughout this season of one disaster after another, simply (apt) won't see anything but fluffy white clouds.

Despite you're constant attempts to attention seek from me, this is it, for the foreseeable. :byebye

As predicted, you’d fail to keep me on ignore (what was that you lasted, 2 weeks? 😂). Obsessed, even when you had me on ignore you still posted about me multiple times. Rent free 😀

Rest of your post is a mix of rubbish & clear misunderstanding. 👍

4 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

As I suspected.. absolutely nothing.. 

You can lead a horse to water and all that but winning an online argument is clearly more important to you than the club's current perilous state so I concede. You win. You've out fought me, out argued me, proved me wrong in this petty exchange so please feel good about yourself and consider the matter closed - our exchange is over. 

1 hour ago, doakie said:

For the sake of accuracy, I did not say that Kibble are trying to get out of the club. On the contrary it seems that they are attempting to gain more control.

p.s. Do you really have to be so condescending i.e. "I’m open to someone providing something more substantial than ‘I heard a whisper’ ". There's really no need to be so disrespectful to someone who is simply trying to keep you and other fans informed. 

The point I was denying is the Kibble wanting out the club. (Because there’s nothing to back it up). If Kibble are making moves to remove Needham as chairman, I would fully support it, although I am still not convinced that’s the case. We will of course see. 

I think there has been miscommunication regarding the ‘condescending’ part given what I have said above (and part of that was certainly me, I could have made the point I was referencing clearer). The point I’m mainly questioning is Kibble trying to get out the club which someone had previously posted. To me that’s all just baseless hearsay right now (which has happened before). And not from you. 

Edited by bazil85

This is a forum, not a court of law, Bazil so providing evidence is impossible but I'm lead to believe that there are enough well informed people contributing to this thread who have contacts within Smisa, within the board, from ex-directors and former employees who have been given the information by word of mouth and are confident that these allegations are true. This information is now circulating and you can choose to believe it or not (That's my disclaimer and from now on I'm simply going to refer to allegations)
The legal threat to remove the chairman has, allegedly, been delivered to Smisa and, allegedly, they've been legally warned not to discuss it in public. No one can provide hard copies of the letter (i.e. the evidence you desire) without apparently running the threat of legal action.
Why would anyone make up such a story?  If Smisa are muzzled where does our club go from here? Forgive me if I'm wrong but it seems that you are pro Kibble but it might be an idea get onside with Smisa and not Kibble. Why? Well, Smisa have the club's best interest at heart. I wonder if Kibble do? 
The full story will fully emerge but Smisa are, allegedly, being muzzled right now. Why not get in touch with Smisa yourself  - they are easy to contact - and see if you get an exact or a vague reply. But providing evidence would be literally an impossible task at this time.
The contributors to this thread should not waste their time with petty point scoring against each other (the "my dad's bigger than your dad" kind of argument/point scoring is tiring and boring) but should instead look at the bigger picture of what is happening at the club.  
We have a democratically elected chairman who Kibble are, allegedly, trying to have removed. Irrespective of anyone's thoughts on John Needham's behaviour, surely nobody with half a brain feels that Kibble should carry such authority. That's not democracy.
Just tell him that it's a FACT, he'll have to accept it then if he doesn't want to be hypocritical. :whistle

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

As predicted, you’d fail to keep me on ignore (what was that you lasted, 2 weeks? 😂). Obsessed, even when you had me on ignore you still posted about me multiple times. Rent free 😀

Rest of your post is a mix of rubbish & clear misunderstanding. 👍

I said, quite clearly I removed ignore to read if you had added anything to the debate? 

You, being an attention seeking dimiwit, see that as attracting you to engage when it's the opposite. 

You, as far as I see, run around shouting about "obsession" when you are the one who searches the forum for ANY mention of you, when the majority of time most people are not willing to engage with you.

Now, run along, Mummy must be getting your night time drink and biscuit ready.  

SMISA "leadership" sold SMISA members on a deal to reduce fan ownership which SMISA members lapped up.

It was a done deal and reported on the press before SMISA members had even approved the deal.

The deal was not necessary.

It went against what I and other SMISA members bought into.

Regardless... It was approved and that's democratic.

Hindsight is a great thing.

I felt from day one that fan ownership should be just that.

Fan owned but not fan managed!

SMISA could have employed professionals to fill the skills gaps. That was my expectations.

Now?

Divided/shared ownership.

Everything in the club filters down from that.

We are reaping what we have sewn.

Hold on everyone, please take a breath; let’s do that and look at the direction of this debate. 

Let’s all agree that we differ on what John Needham should do.

Debating the merits of his punishment may well be more important were it not for a much greater threat and that is what we should be talking about.

There are posters on here really worried about the stability of the club whose concerns (and accurate) revelations have been dismissed as conspiracy theories. This has led to discussions that move away from the clear and present danger most fans are not yet aware of.

As information that will probably see the light of day over the coming couple of days will show WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE BIGGER PICTURE, WHICH IS THE SAFETY OF OUR CLUB.

I ask that anyone new on here together with regular posters, no matter their viewpoint, read back to posts from myself amongst others.

Look at the evidence of Kibble involvement and where we are now. Look at staff comings and goings, contract announcements and then quiet cancellations. Look at huge announcements from Club and Kibble about the new professionalism they would bring. Look at how that has turned out.

They even replaced one of their own original two SMFC board directors with no explanation of why to the fans! And no one has asked.

Ali de Foy was effectively sacked for poor performance - she cost far more than she made in the time she was ‘Brand Manager’. Remember the flurry of publicity at the time? Gone in silence.

We have no club doctor. We have no named matchday safety officer. We had both.

The next silent departure will astound you – especially in light of the threat of legal action to gag SMiSA(and possibly other club directors) from a panicking Kibble. A resignation made OVER A WEEK AGO and not relayed to the support from a club that should have actually publicly thanked the individual for his efforts.

But communication is not the club’s thing. Which is strange given they were quick enough to ask us all to re-register for season tickets after all data was deleted by a supplier they sacked after two years of a five year contract!

Communication is less than zero, phones are no longer answeredand we are a Premiership football club with a general manager employed not by the club but by a charity to which she is 100 per cent answerable.

So if you are not convinced of at least some of these so-called conspiracy theories being true, then you don’t believe in the principal of probability.

Please consider that something is rotten right at the heart of our club. It’s yours, yours and mine. It is not Kibble’s to abuse.

This is happening. And matters are about to deteriorate even more.

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I said, quite clearly I removed ignore to read if you had added anything to the debate? 

You, being an attention seeking dimiwit, see that as attracting you to engage when it's the opposite. 

You, as far as I see, run around shouting about "obsession" when you are the one who searches the forum for ANY mention of you, when the majority of time most people are not willing to engage with you.

Now, run along, Mummy must be getting your night time drink and biscuit ready.  

Toxic Titch from Arbroath posting from his suitably sized Hot Tub somewhere near Glenshee. He is a very abusive little man.

ES8mZEdWAAA8st8.jpg.b1fe9b575df26f05beb82cfcbb31e307.jpg

Hold on everyone, please take a breath; let’s do that and look at the direction of this debate. 
 Debating the merits of his punishment may well be more important were it not for a much greater threat and that is what we should be talking about.
 There are posters on here really worried about the stability of the club whose concerns (and accurate) revelations have been dismissed as conspiracy theories. This has led to discussions that move away from the clear and present danger most fans are not yet aware of.
As information that will probably see the light of day over the coming couple of days will show WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE BIGGER PICTURE, WHICH IS THE SAFETY OF OUR CLUB.
 I ask that anyone new on here together with regular posters, no matter their viewpoint, read back to posts from myself amongst others.
 Look at the evidence of Kibble involvement and where we are now. Look at staff comings and goings, contract announcements and then quiet cancellations. Look at huge announcements from Club and Kibble about the new professionalism they would bring. Look at how that has turned out.
 They even replaced one of their own original two SMFC board directors with no explanation of why to the fans! And no one has asked.
 Ali de Foy was effectively sacked for poor performance - she cost far more than she made in the time she was ‘Brand Manager’. Remember the flurry of publicity at the time? Gone in silence.
The next silent departure will astound you – especially in light of the threat of legal action to gag SMiSA(and possibly other club directors) from a panicking Kibble. A resignation made OVER A WEEK AGO and not relayed to the support from a club that should have actually publicly thanked the individual for his efforts.
 But communication is not the club’s thing. Which is strange given they were quick enough to ask us all to re-register for season tickets after all data was deleted by a supplier they sacked after two years of a five year contract!
Communication is less than zero, phones are no longer answeredand we are a Premiership football club with a general manager employed not by the club but by a charity to which she is 100 per cent answerable.
 So if you are not convinced of at least some of these so-called conspiracy theories being true, then you don’t believe in the principal of probability.
Please consider that something is rotten right at the heart of our club. It’s yours, yours and mine. It is not Kibble’s to abuse.

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

16 minutes ago, doakie said:

I've made it clear that who the sources of information are. Take a minute to digest what various well informed posters are trying to do - there are a number of fans trying to get the information out to the larger fanbase - something that the Smisa board cannot do at this moment. Whether you choose to believe the story or cynically dismiss it as rumour and hearsay is up to you but I suggest that you may want to treat these posts seriously. I've not come on here to have arguments - I'm simply trying to inform and sarcastic answers does neither you nor the club any favours. 

People in glass houses!! I refer you to your message on 1st December.

As you now know I have no allegiance to either Kibble or Smisa and my witchhunt (as you call it) is based on his inappropriate comments on social media which in my opinion does not meet my expectations of a Chairman of St Mirren Football Club. 

If he resigned, as he should have done immediately, why can't Smisa not democratically elect another chairman?

Where do the rest of the directors of the St Mirren Board who are divorced from both parties stand? 

If he is allowed to continue as chairman, will he be welcomed (or even allowed to enter) along the road. Whether their right or wrong that cannot be acceptable. How embarrassing.

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The point I was denying is the Kibble wanting out the club. (Because there’s nothing to back it up). If Kibble are making moves to remove Needham as chairman, I would fully support it, although I am still not convinced that’s the case. We will of course see. 

I think there has been miscommunication regarding the ‘condescending’ part given what I have said above (and part of that was certainly me, I could have made the point I was referencing clearer). The point I’m mainly questioning is Kibble trying to get out the club which someone had previously posted. To me that’s all just baseless hearsay right now (which has happened before). And not from you. 

Ok I understand. Let's put it down to a misunderstanding. 

1 hour ago, animal said:

The next silent departure will astound you – especially in light of the threat of legal action to gag SMiSA(and possibly other club directors) from a panicking Kibble. A resignation made OVER A WEEK AGO and not relayed to the support from a club that should have actually publicly thanked the individual for his efforts. .

The one that would astound me would be Tommy Docherty. 

We are reaping what we have sewn.

"sown" ([emoji2399] antrin)

Nonsense. [emoji1787][emoji1787]

8 hours ago, animal said:

Your information is accurate, animal, assuming that the silent departure you're referring to the resignation from the board of directors that took place last week?  I'm amazed that a director resigning from the board has not been announced. It's the norm, as you say, to issue a standard thank you in such circumstances. Of course, despite the "principle of probability" and the fact that this resignation seems to be hushed up, there will remain doubters. To those doubters I would ask this - why has the club/Smisa not announced the resignation that occurred over a week ago? Don't you think that is very strange? These are worrying times. 

Your information is accurate, animal, assuming that the silent departure you're referring to the resignation from the board of directors that took place last week?  I'm amazed that a director resigning from the board has not been announced. It's the norm, as you say, to issue a standard thank you in such circumstances. Of course, despite the "principle of probability" and the fact that this resignation seems to be hushed up, there will remain doubters. To those doubters I would ask this - why has the club/Smisa not announced the resignation that occurred over a week ago? Don't you think that is very strange? These are worrying times. 
Has the resignation been accepted? That could be the reason for no communication.

11 hours ago, hamlet said:

An EGM is not needed. A motion could be called at the AGM which which has still to be announced, but is required to take place on or prior to the 20th January 2022.

O forgot the annual bit did not apply last year since the  meeting was held  13 months after the previous years Annual Meeting.

Could be the most important AGM in years . An opportunity to stop the tail wagging the dog .

I think we as smisa members should back Mr Needham as he seems to be the only one that is fighting kibble. I have to add I never voted for kibble because  I thought it was strange that a  charity would want to be involved in a football club, so if anything I believe its the smisa members fault and that includes me. Pardon the pun but we took our eye off the ball and allowed kibble to put their feet firmly under our table. So, our smisa membership needs to grow a pair and fight fire with fire, I only hope its not too LATE. 

Edited by Damien Lafferty

16 minutes ago, Damien Lafferty said:

I think we as smisa members should back Mr Needham as he seems to be the only one that is fighting kibble. I have to add I never voted for kibble because  I thought it was strange that a  charity would want to be involved in a football club, so if anything I believe its the smisa members fault and that includes me. Pardon the pun but we took our eye off the ball and allowed kibble to put their feet firmly under our table. So, our smisa membership needs to grow a pair and fight fire with fire, I only hope its not too LATE. 

Well said.

31 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
1 hour ago, doakie said:

Has the resignation been accepted? That could be the reason for no communication.

Check the document from 24th November. A friend of mine, and former employee of the club for many years came across this.    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005773/filing-history

12 minutes ago, doakie said:

Check the document from 24th November. A friend of mine, and former employee of the club for many years came across this.    https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/SC005773/filing-history

So, Chris Stewart is gone? 

Most people will never have heard of him I’m guessing. He’s listed as Director and Secretary. Responsible for all legal matters of the club and had been in place since 2010. 

https://www.stmirren.com/club/about-st-mirren/meet-the-board

So, Chris Stewart is gone? 

Most people will never have heard of him I’m guessing. He’s listed as Director and Secretary. Responsible for all legal matters of the club and had been in place since 2010. 

https://www.stmirren.com/club/about-st-mirren/meet-the-board

A complete wall of silence to do with the running of the club

We’ve between us all listed multiple failures, from the basic things like they literally do not answer the phone or emails and to my knowledge, it’s the first time we have lost a shirt sponsor mid contract ? Ticket fiascos, Double sponsored shirts being punted/returned, etc etc

Is this what the partnership was supposed to be achieving ?

Nobody can continue to spout the ‘early days’ pish

It’s a complete mess and looks like getting worse