Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

3 minutes ago, Maboza said:

So, Chris Stewart is gone? 

Most people will never have heard of him I’m guessing. He’s listed as Director and Secretary. Responsible for all legal matters of the club and had been in place since 2010. 

https://www.stmirren.com/club/about-st-mirren/meet-the-board

I don't know if he's staying on as secretary or not because the document only shows "termination of a director appointment". 

3 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

A complete wall of silence to do with the running of the club

We’ve between us all listed multiple failures, from the basic things like they literally do not answer the phone or emails and to my knowledge, it’s the first time we have lost a shirt sponsor mid contract ? Ticket fiascos, Double sponsored shirts being punted/returned, etc etc

Is this what the partnership was supposed to be achieving ?

Nobody can continue to spout the ‘early days’ pish

It’s a complete mess and looks like getting worse

Aye, "teething" problems. 🤔

14 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Evidence? 

Simple ask Smisa if they have taken legal advice, see what reply you get.

I advocate they get their heads together  and look at the big picture and remove the obstacles  that are staring the relationship  ,if that means people  standing down ,so be it .

I'd just like to say, despite [mention=15031]antrin[/mention] trying to demean the forum, threads like this are the reason the forum is doing ok.
Much better platform for debate than other social media outlets.
This is a great thread, and it's still got plenty of life left in it. [emoji106]
Yeah, but when you get "new users" and very seldom used aliases popping in espousing "conspiracy theories" and trying to stoke "rebellion" it makes you wonder if it's just one person trying to shit stir.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, animal said:

Hold on everyone, please take a breath; let’s do that and look at the direction of this debate. 

Let’s all agree that we differ on what John Needham should do.

Debating the merits of his punishment may well be more important were it not for a much greater threat and that is what we should be talking about.

There are posters on here really worried about the stability of the club whose concerns (and accurate) revelations have been dismissed as conspiracy theories. This has led to discussions that move away from the clear and present danger most fans are not yet aware of.

As information that will probably see the light of day over the coming couple of days will show WE SHOULD ALL BE CONCERNED ABOUT THE BIGGER PICTURE, WHICH IS THE SAFETY OF OUR CLUB.

I ask that anyone new on here together with regular posters, no matter their viewpoint, read back to posts from myself amongst others.

Look at the evidence of Kibble involvement and where we are now. Look at staff comings and goings, contract announcements and then quiet cancellations. Look at huge announcements from Club and Kibble about the new professionalism they would bring. Look at how that has turned out.

They even replaced one of their own original two SMFC board directors with no explanation of why to the fans! And no one has asked.

Ali de Foy was effectively sacked for poor performance - she cost far more than she made in the time she was ‘Brand Manager’. Remember the flurry of publicity at the time? Gone in silence.

We have no club doctor. We have no named matchday safety officer. We had both.

The next silent departure will astound you – especially in light of the threat of legal action to gag SMiSA(and possibly other club directors) from a panicking Kibble. A resignation made OVER A WEEK AGO and not relayed to the support from a club that should have actually publicly thanked the individual for his efforts.

But communication is not the club’s thing. Which is strange given they were quick enough to ask us all to re-register for season tickets after all data was deleted by a supplier they sacked after two years of a five year contract!

Communication is less than zero, phones are no longer answeredand we are a Premiership football club with a general manager employed not by the club but by a charity to which she is 100 per cent answerable.

So if you are not convinced of at least some of these so-called conspiracy theories being true, then you don’t believe in the principal of probability.

Please consider that something is rotten right at the heart of our club. It’s yours, yours and mine. It is not Kibble’s to abuse.

This is happening. And matters are about to deteriorate even more.

It's time we heard from the chairman  of Smisa on this subject ,not the details ,but what his board are doing to counter any threat to the club from any source and what the members can do to mitigate this threat. 

9 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Yeah, but when you get "new users" and very seldom used aliases popping in espousing "conspiracy theories" and trying to stoke "rebellion" it makes you wonder if it's just one person trying to shit stir.

Fair point BUT, as I've mentioned, I'd heard things were less than cozy and I'm miles away and far from "in the know". 

Too much to be dismissed as "shit stirring" especially when the continued issues we've had for months had already dented the trust between the support and the club. 

45 minutes ago, doakie said:

I don't know if he's staying on as secretary or not because the document only shows "termination of a director appointment". 

Link you provided still has him active as club Secretary

see under people tab

Edited by alanb

You have to wonder why the Board, the Kibble and SMISA didn't want this made public ?  Fan owned club ??? They have taken, and are still taking, our money and treating us with contempt. Maybe the many small shareholders who baled the club out several times over the years should have a seat on the board.

resigned.jpg

You have to wonder why the Board, the Kibble and SMISA didn't want this made public ?  Fan owned club ??? They have taken, and are still taking, our money and treating us with contempt. Maybe the many small shareholders who baled the club out several times over the years should have a seat on the board.

resigned.thumb.jpg.2c923a66522082c3a4da882d495599b5.jpg
It is public. [emoji1787]

Fair point BUT, as I've mentioned, I'd heard things were less than cozy and I'm miles away and far from "in the know". 
Too much to be dismissed as "shit stirring" especially when the continued issues we've had for months had already dented the trust between the support and the club. 

I'm not saying that there is nothing wrong, just that the reasons being espoused about "Kibble bad" could all be coming from one, or a few, people. In fact, it kind of sounds like the "SNP bad" stuff from a few years ago. Not saying it's the same person, just the same style.

4 minutes ago, Slarti said:

I'm not saying that there is nothing wrong, just that the reasons being espoused about "Kibble bad" could all be coming from one, or a few, people. In fact, it kind of sounds like the "SNP bad" stuff from a few years ago. Not saying it's the same person, just the same style.

It wouldn't need Sherlock to know who animal is, but that's not, and shouldn't be, the key point, it's how much is true, forgetting any agenda, and what effect it's having on the club. 

I'm certainly not putting all the blame at the Kibbles door, if Needham is the type we have running the club I'm concerned.

Again, the seemingly minor issues that have materialised over the last 6 months, written off by the club sheep, have not been addressed as they could/should and somebody is responsible. 

58 minutes ago, Slarti said:

You can lead a horse to water as I've said before. However, why waste time being cynical when all you have to do is ask questions of your Smisa reps. Their details are on the Smisa website.

Animal's post was very clear and was factual - everyone knows the facts about the various disasters of the last few months i.e.

season ticket/ticket office debacle,

new ticketing system being unfit for purpose for months,

lost jersey sponsorship ,

4 contracts awarded to one new company,

loss of key members of staff including club doctor, safety officer, club director

training ground still unfit for purpose,

poor stadium maintenance,

general manager joing, leaving then being quickly replaced - both of whom are/were employed by Kibble and not the club,

director resignation without any announcement etc etc etc.

These are all well documented, indisputable facts - not conspiracy theories. I've been a member for over 10 years but I've preferred to be an observer rather than a contributor but this issue is too important for me to remain silent. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Anyway, so when Animal subsequently tells you that there is a legal battle going on don't you think its your duty as a St.Mirren fan to carry out your own research rather than come on here casting aspersions? I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not "stoking rebellion" - I'm hoping to inform fans who are unaware of what's going on between Kibble and Smisa. Don't you think checking that out is worth your time? My advice to you is this - don't believe me, I mean it! Don't believe anyone else who shares my opinion either!  But, if the club's future is important to you, then do your own digging but, please, for the good of OUR club don't label someone who lists all these ongoing problems as a shit stirrer. We were promised an increased level of professionalism from Kibble but the cold hard facts suggest we have not become more professional - it's the complete opposite. The legal battle is real and Smisa are under the threat of legal action. Now go find out for yourself.

Edited by doakie

1 minute ago, Cookie Monster said:
31 minutes ago, animal said:
Yes it is now. Shame it had to be discovered by supporters searching company records.

It's been public for 10 days. So hardly just now.

Respectfully, your definition of it being public is different from mine. My thoughts are that the club should make an announcement on such an important development and not rely on one curious fan having to dig into company house records. 

24 minutes ago, doakie said:

You can lead a horse to water as I've said before. However, why waste time being cynical when all you have to do is ask questions of your Smisa reps. Their details are on the Smisa website.

Animal's post was very clear and was factual - everyone knows the facts about the various disasters of the last few months i.e.

loss of key members of staff including club doctor, safety officer, club director

general manager joing, leaving then being quickly replaced - both of whom are/were employed by Kibble and not the club,

These are all well documented, indisputable facts - not conspiracy theories. I've been a member for over 10 years but I've preferred to be an observer rather than a contributor but this issue is too important for me to remain silent. I hope that clarifies things for you.

Anyway, so when Animal subsequently tells you that there is a legal battle going on don't you think its your duty as a St.Mirren fan to carry out your own research rather than come on here casting aspersions? I can't speak for anyone else but I'm not "stoking rebellion" - I'm hoping to inform fans who are unaware of what's going on between Kibble and Smisa. Don't you think checking that out is worth your time? My advice to you is this - don't believe me, I mean it! Don't believe anyone else who shares my opinion either!  But, if the club's future is important to you, then do your own digging but, please, for the good of OUR club don't label someone who lists all these ongoing problems as a shit stirrer. We were promised an increased level of professionalism from Kibble but the cold hard facts suggest we have not become more professional - it's the complete opposite. The legal battle is real and Smisa are under the threat of legal action. Now go find out for yourself.

Well said mate ,time for people to ask questions of their elected Smisa Directors

Edited by waldorf34

Respectfully, your definition of it being public is different from mine. My thoughts are that the club should make an announcement on such an important development and not rely on one curious fan having to dig into company house records. 

We agree it is in the public domain. It is the way or where it is published or communicated that is the problem. Though as I wrote earlier, there may be a reason.

That's a lot of words to say nothing much. You also seem to have misread or misunderstood (perhaps deliberately) my post.

2 hours ago, Maboza said:

So, Chris Stewart is gone? 

Most people will never have heard of him I’m guessing. He’s listed as Director and Secretary. Responsible for all legal matters of the club and had been in place since 2010. 

https://www.stmirren.com/club/about-st-mirren/meet-the-board

99% of football fans in Scotland wouldn't have heard of John Needham... in fact a few saints fans I've spoke to hadn't heard of him before this... 

Does that not make you wonder why a sevco fan from seemingly another country found time and the effort to dig through 1000s of historical tweets of someone 99.9% of sevco fans would never of heard of