Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

I am not "in the know" in relation to Kibbles involvement with the club and any issues that have arisen. However, I have got a lot of knowledge of Kibble professionally. For them, and other private care providers, reputation management is everything. Most of these organisations use legal remedies as a first rather than last resort - have a look at the SSSC website and see the number of workers accused of neglect or abuse, with their place of work redacted so that there is no reputational damage to the service. Therefore the rumours of lawyers letters being sent would not come as a surprise - reputation is king and being involved with a club where there is even a hint of inappropriateness won't be on as far as they are concerned.

Still not clear what Kibbles real objective is here. They are still trotting out the line about getting young people work experience 🤣

39 minutes ago, Slarti said:

That's a lot of words to say nothing much. You also seem to have misread or misunderstood (perhaps deliberately) my post.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

You said "Yeah, but when you get "new users" and very seldom used aliases popping in espousing "conspiracy theories" and trying to stoke "rebellion" it makes you wonder if it's just one person trying to shit stir."  

I put a lot of detail in my reply in an obviously misguided attempt to have you do your own research but also in an attempt to stop you name calling i.e. "one person trying to shit stir".

I completely understood your post and you clearly stated that there were "new users", "conspiracy theories" and folk "trying to stoke rebellion" . I summarised by saying "But, if the club's future is important to you, then do your own digging but, please, for the good of OUR club don't label someone who lists all these ongoing problems as a shit stirrer". 

If you think that my detailed reply says "nothing much" then I suggest that maybe, just maybe, it is you who has "misread or misunderstood (perhaps deliberately) my post."

I reiterate - don't believe me, I mean it! Don't believe anyone else who shares my opinion either!  But, if the club's future is important to you, then do your own digging but, please, for the good of OUR club don't label someone who lists all these ongoing problems as a shit stirrer.

Please do your own research - it matters not a jot to me if you believe me or Animal or any other contributor. What is important is that everyone be fully aware of what's going on. Pondering if any well meaning fan is a shit stirrer is really a waste of your time, my time and everyone else's time. 

As I said, now go find out for yourself - that'd be a more valuable use of your time.

Edited by doakie

16 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

99% of football fans in Scotland wouldn't have heard of John Needham... in fact a few saints fans I've spoke to hadn't heard of him before this... 

Does that not make you wonder why a sevco fan from seemingly another country found time and the effort to dig through 1000s of historical tweets of someone 99.9% of sevco fans would never of heard of 

Extremely valid point. I have my suspicions as to who is responsible for the tweet being leaked but, of course, that's merely speculation on my part. However, like you, I wonder about the likelihood of a rangers fan going to the bother of digging through John Needham's tweets. 

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

One for the legal guys out there can a business  continue without  a company secretary?

I posted earlier in thread that, according to the link provided, that Mr Stewart had resigned as a director, he was still showing active as secretary ( for now anyway). See link below

ST. MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB LTD. (THE) people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Edited by alanb

You said "Yeah, but when you get "new users" and very seldom used aliases popping in espousing "conspiracy theories" and trying to stoke "rebellion" it makes you wonder if it's just one person trying to shit stir."  
I put a lot of detail in my reply in an obviously misguided attempt to have you do your own research but also in an attempt to stop you name calling i.e. "one person trying to shit stir".
I completely understood your post and you clearly stated that there were "new users", "conspiracy theories" and folk "trying to stoke rebellion" . I summarised by saying "But, if the club's future is important to you, then do your own digging but, please, for the good of OUR club don't label someone who lists all these ongoing problems as a shit stirrer". 
If you think that my detailed reply says "nothing much" then I suggest that maybe, just maybe, it is you who has "misread or misunderstood (perhaps deliberately) my post."
I reiterate - don't believe me, I mean it! Don't believe anyone else who shares my opinion either!  But, if the club's future is important to you, then do your own digging but, please, for the good of OUR club don't label someone who lists all these ongoing problems as a shit stirrer.
Please do your own research - it matters not a jot to me if you believe me or Animal or any other contributor. What is important is that everyone be fully aware of what's going on. Pondering if any well meaning fan is a shit stirrer is really a waste of your time, my time and everyone else's time. 
As I said, now go find out for yourself - that'd be a more valuable use of your time.
Again, a lot of words to say not much. As I said, it makes you "wonder", I never actually labelled anyone a shit stirrer, I never even stated any opinion on the validity of what's been said. It looks like you have misunderstood my post after all.

Again, a lot of words to say not much. As I said, it makes you "wonder", I never actually labelled anyone a shit stirrer, I never even stated any opinion on the validity of what's been said. It looks like you have misunderstood my post after all.

Stop shit stirring, ya shit stirrer. [emoji14]

29 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Playing on words are we now?  I prefer grown up dialogue. I've tried to be respectful, I've tried to be informative but clearly you prefer to adopt a more immature stance with petty point scoring.  Please do not waste my time in replying. End of conversation.

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

One for the legal guys out there can a business  continue without  a company secretary?

I can confirm Chris Stewart, a partner of Digby Brown, on the 24th November was Company Secretary of St Mirren Football Club and intended to continue in that role.

2 minutes ago, hamlet said:

I can confirm Chris Stewart, a partner of Digby Brown, on the 24th November was Company Secretary of St Mirren Football Club and intended to continue in that role.

ST. MIRREN FOOTBALL CLUB LTD. (THE) people - Find and update company information - GOV.UK (company-information.service.gov.uk)

Still active as club Sec, unless ???

I think now would probably be a good time for a bit of an honest reality check for everyone involved. Recognising some may have been blindsided by the PR pitch surrounding the Kibble deal. 

The reality is that for all the talk of mutually beneficial arrangement,  common goals in the community, etc. - Kibble are duty bound to look after and protect their own interests first and foremost.

That, in essence, is the accepted conflict that was approved and introduced in the SMISA decision. It will continue that way for as long as Kibble remain. 

There needs to be a bit of reflection from the club (SMISA, members and fans) on whether this is to our benefit. That requires some open conversations on what is going well and what problems are arising.  

7 minutes ago, Maboza said:

I think now would probably be a good time for a bit of an honest reality check for everyone involved. Recognising some may have been blindsided by the PR pitch surrounding the Kibble deal. 

The reality is that for all the talk of mutually beneficial arrangement,  common goals in the community, etc. - Kibble are duty bound to look after and protect their own interests first and foremost.

That, in essence, is the accepted conflict that was approved and introduced in the SMISA decision. It will continue that way for as long as Kibble remain. 

There needs to be a bit of reflection from the club (SMISA, members and fans) on whether this is to our benefit. That requires some open conversations on what is going well and what problems are arising.  

Open conversation is all that is required  for us

16 hours ago, faraway saint said:

I said, quite clearly I removed ignore to read if you had added anything to the debate? 

You, being an attention seeking dimiwit, see that as attracting you to engage when it's the opposite. 

You, as far as I see, run around shouting about "obsession" when you are the one who searches the forum for ANY mention of you, when the majority of time most people are not willing to engage with you.

Now, run along, Mummy must be getting your night time drink and biscuit ready.  

Hahaha, just incapable of ignoring me. Cry more wee man. 

5 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Simple ask Smisa if they have taken legal advice, see what reply you get.

I advocate they get their heads together  and look at the big picture and remove the obstacles  that are staring the relationship  ,if that means people  standing down ,so be it .

I’m not seeing any evidence Kibble are wanting out. 

I’m not seeing any evidence Kibble are wanting out. 
Some of us never wanted Kibble in. It was never needed.

It was NOT what we bought into.
It was NOT the dream we were sold.
When presented to SMISA it was already reported on TV as a done deal before discussion or a vote.
It diluted fan ownership unnecessarily.
It gave partial control of our boardroom to an outside interest when the whole premise of fan ownership is for fans to own (not necessarily run) the club.

We voluntarily and unnecessarily diluted our ownership and our control.

Skills gaps could have easily been addressed by a well run fan owned club.

We were sold a dud and some people blindly acquiesced just because the club told them to.

Dividing the running of a committee was always a recipe for disaster.

I voiced concerns. I shared them with SMISA. The reassuring reply I received was trite, formulaic, scripted and offered no reassurance.

I spoke out but was democratically outvoted.

I accept that and take no pleasure in the current clusterfück.

You want the chairman out (I think he should fall on his sword too) yet he seems to be the one person fighting in the best interests of Saints behind the scenes.

The division in the boardroom has permeated the club top to bottom in record time.

Way beyond teething problems.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

In fairness he told me I was on ignore then quoted me. I just ignored it. Maybe you could try that too?

Na, I will generally respond to people gagging for my attention. He’s fooling no one that he has any attention of ignoring me, (like his wee pal Slarti)

If anyone genuinely doesn’t want to engage with me, it’s surely really easy. Put me on ignore, don’t announce it on the website & just don’t engage with my posts or mention me (directly or indirectly) 🤷‍♂️

I’m doing him a service in keeping responding for him, I would say you are as well, no? The ignore 

Na, I will generally respond to people gagging for my attention. He’s fooling no one that he has any attention of ignoring me, (like his wee pal Slarti)
If anyone genuinely doesn’t want to engage with me, it’s surely really easy. Put me on ignore, don’t announce it on the website & just don’t engage with my posts or mention me (directly or indirectly) [emoji2369]

I’m doing him a service in keeping responding for him, I would say you are as well, no? The ignore 
No. Let it go. I did. You can too.

Ok... I took that too far. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji12]

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Some of us never wanted Kibble in. It was never needed.

It was NOT what we bought into.
It was NOT the dream we were sold.
When presented to SMISA it was already reported on TV as a done deal before discussion or a vote.
It diluted fan ownership unnecessarily.
It gave partial control of our boardroom to an outside interest when the whole premise of fan ownership is for fans to own (not necessarily run) the club.

We voluntarily and unnecessarily diluted our ownership and our control.

Skills gaps could have easily been addressed by a well run fan owned club.

We were sold a dud and some people blindly acquiesced just because the club told them to.

Dividing the running of a committee was always a recipe for disaster.

I voiced concerns. I shared them with SMISA. The reassuring reply I received was trite, formulaic, scripted and offered no reassurance.

I spoke out but was democratically outvoted.

I accept that and take no pleasure in the current clusterfück.

You want the chairman out (I think he should fall on his sword too) yet he seems to be the one person fighting in the best interests of Saints behind the scenes.

The division in the boardroom has permeated the club top to bottom in record time.

Way beyond teething problems.

I know some didn’t want it but that’s why we have the democratic voting structures. 

As for your point on the current ‘clusterf**k’ I’m not sure what you’re referencing here. If there’s any division, that’s squarely at the feet of our chairman.  I think some of our fans would like to think there has been more issues than there actually has & blame the kibble. But most summer issues are now resolved, they clearly were teething & short-term. The proof will be in the pudding if the Kibble partnership is a success but it’s certainly not close to a failure.