Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

Would be interested to know what specifics you think there’s been a clusterf**k linked to Kibble as of December 2021. 
Jer. 5:21

"Hear now this, O foolish people, and without understanding; which have eyes, and see not; which have ears, and hear not."

"There are none so blind as those who will not see.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

7 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The nature of our football club right now, we aren’t a failed club in practically any sense. 

Alleged legal action amongst

Club Chairman & a minoriity shareholder

+/- the majority shareholder embroiled in it too.

Right you are, the "proof will be in the pudding"

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

You think all is well behind the scenes? Genuinely?

I think there’s been problems, most short term, some that will take a bit longer regarding legacy issues that pre-date kibble. I also think there is potentially a lot of tension with the cause being idiotic tweets by the chairman. 

I don’t think it’s close to a done deal that the kibble deal has failed as you seem to suggest. So again, why don’t you just list what is concerning you specifically linked to the Kibble? 

1 minute ago, Kombibuddie said:

Alleged legal action amongst

Club Chairman & a minoriity shareholder

+/- the majority shareholder embroiled in it too.

Right you are, the "proof will be in the pudding"

Even if it is true (alleged) how is that the kibble? The chairman is the one that’s caused problems if this is to be believed. Not the kibble. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I know some didn’t want it but that’s why we have the democratic voting structures. 

As for your point on the current ‘clusterf**k’ I’m not sure what you’re referencing here. If there’s any division, that’s squarely at the feet of our chairman.  I think some of our fans would like to think there has been more issues than there actually has & blame the kibble. But most summer issues are now resolved, they clearly were teething & short-term. The proof will be in the pudding if the Kibble partnership is a success but it’s certainly not close to a failure. 

Some of us didn't have to wait till the pudding was served up.  We knew it was shit idea from the start,  and the buck lies with the smisa board. Whatever made them think inviting a outside company onto the board with power making authority in a fan buyout was good idea...  There was no reason why the Kibble couldn't have had a partnership with the Club without selling out the Buy The Buds deal before it had even got off the ground.... 

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Even if it is true (alleged) how is that the kibble? The chairman is the one that’s caused problems if this is to be believed. Not the kibble. 

We are talking about the success of the partnership.?

Not who is or who are to blame?

Are we not?

Since you mention "The Chairman" and none of the issues raised by folk on the forum (there's been a bit of a list this season) A daft tweet as chairman & historical tweet as a punter is not a partnership killer unless one of the parties wishes for it to be. We'll see.

This "alleged" legal spat is the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot more factors to define the success or failure of the partnership.

I genuinely wonder if all the off field issues have played a part in the dip in form on the pitch.

In my current work, two service managers have just left in acrimonious circumstances, those that remain have to apply for their own jobs, there is a total lack of communication from senior management and there is a complete lack of direction. Sound familiar?

The result is a demoralised workforce and usually competent people making stupid mistakes, and some people going missing in action.

Currently, JG will have no real support above him, given JN is allegedly at war with Kibble, SMISA caught in the middle, and Tony being...well, Tony. All compounded by zero communication. While JG has made mistakes, most notably sticking to 3 at the back and his inability to find a goal scoring striker, but i think the main problems with our club are firmly at Board level.

Edited by Hendo

I think there’s been problems, most short term, some that will take a bit longer regarding legacy issues that pre-date kibble. I also think there is potentially a lot of tension with the cause being idiotic tweets by the chairman. 

I don’t think it’s close to a done deal that the kibble deal has failed as you seem to suggest. So again, why don’t you just list what is concerning you specifically linked to the Kibble? 
I did.

As I said, there are none so blind .. ... ...

Yes or no...

It was necessary to...

a. Dilute fan ownership.

b. Dilute St Mirren control of St Mirren affairs within the boardroom.

I genuinely wonder if all the off field issues have played a part in the dip in form on the pitch.
In my current work, two service managers have just left in acrimonious circumstances, those that remain have to apply for their own jobs, there is a total lack of communication from senior management and there is a complete lack of direction. Sound familiar?
The result is a demoralised workforce and usually competent people making stupid mistakes, and some people going missing in action.
Currently, JG will have no real support above him, given JN is allegedly at war with Kibble, SMISA caught in the middle, and Tony being...well, Tony. All compounded by zero communication. While JG has made mistakes, most notably sticking to 3 at the back and his inability to find a goal scoring striker, but i think the main problems with our club are firmly at Board level.
Agree and said as much.

Some of us didn't have to wait till the pudding was served up.  We knew it was shit idea from the start,  and the buck lies with the smisa board. Whatever made them think inviting a outside company onto the board with power making authority in a fan buyout was good idea...  There was no reason why the Kibble couldn't have had a partnership with the Club without selling out the Buy The Buds deal before it had even got off the ground.... 
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Playing on words are we now?  I prefer grown up dialogue. I've tried to be respectful, I've tried to be informative but clearly you prefer to adopt a more immature stance with petty point scoring.  Please do not waste my time in replying. End of conversation.

I'm not playing on (or with) words. You obviously fit into my above reply to Faraway. Now it can be end of conversation if you wish.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Hendo said:

A ‘dip in form’? We have been hopeless all season.. we’ve won 3 league games.. livi, Ross county ( who are both absolutely honking) and were played off the park against Aberdeen and only won because they went down to ten men.. we have now gone EIGHT games without a win and play hibs, celtic and rangers next.. almost certainly no wins in ELEVEN by Boxing Day. 

A shit show both on and off the park just now and fans being treated with absolute contempt by the amateurs of smisa and the board. Very very worrying!!! 

Edited by Mr Optimistic

48 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

I’m seeing nothing that suggests it has been or will be a bad idea. I asked BEK because his claim seems to suggest we already know it was a bad idea. So far, radio silence on specifics. 

46 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

We are talking about the success of the partnership.?

Not who is or who are to blame?

Are we not?

Since you mention "The Chairman" and none of the issues raised by folk on the forum (there's been a bit of a list this season) A daft tweet as chairman & historical tweet as a punter is not a partnership killer unless one of the parties wishes for it to be. We'll see.

This "alleged" legal spat is the tip of the iceberg. There's a lot more factors to define the success or failure of the partnership.

It’s been in place less than six months. Anyone that thinks the Kibble partnership should have sorted everything at SMFC already & be showing unreserved successes all over the place has wholly unrealistic expectations. 

All I’m seeing is them getting the blame for short term issues over the summer & the blame for legacy issues pre-dating them. Doesn’t seem fair IMO. 

28 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I did.

As I said, there are none so blind .. ... ...

Yes or no...

It was necessary to...

a. Dilute fan ownership.

b. Dilute St Mirren control of St Mirren affairs within the boardroom.

I didn’t see you post any failures that link to the Kibble deal being the wrong one. Can you point out where/ or post again? 

As for your specifics on a & b, yeah I think so. I think what we will gain from the kibble partnership long-term while still retaining majority fan ownership will absolutely be worth it. Although to caveat, I don’t think it was ‘necessary’ I think it was beneficial & a sensible call. I still think we’d have had degrees of success under the OP.

Edited by bazil85

Just now, bazil85 said:

It’s been in place less than six months. Anyone that thinks the Kibble partnership should have sorted everything at SMFC already & be showing unreserved successes all over the place has wholly unrealistic expectations. 

All I’m seeing is them getting the blame for short term issues over the summer & the blame for legacy issues pre-dating them. Doesn’t seem fair IMO. 

Perhaps too many changes in that short period of time has been too much for the organisation (St Mirren FC) as a whole & if lessons are being learned. Less of the too much too soon in future

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

What "legacy issues predating them" are Kibble being blamed for?