Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

I’m seeing nothing that suggests it has been or will be a bad idea. I asked BEK because his claim seems to suggest we already know it was a bad idea. So far, radio silence on specifics. 
I have you specifics
True to form, you choose not to acknowledge them.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I think you'll find you're warped mind is the issue, not EVERYBODY else. [emoji38]
Ok, here's a wee challenge. Apart from obvious typos/jokes/autocorrect errors etc., show me a post of mine that you think is, when read properly, ambiguous and I'll explain why it isn't.

Sent from my SM-A415F using Tapatalk

27 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

There's about 700 on this thread minus yours of course 

Mostly short term, now resolved issues. Others that are legacy. 

26 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Perhaps too many changes in that short period of time has been too much for the organisation (St Mirren FC) as a whole & if lessons are being learned. Less of the too much too soon in future

And the kibble get the full blame for that from some. Also it again highlights my point on such short-term thinking. No patience to see how this arrangement pans out for our club. 

22 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

What "legacy issues predating them" are Kibble being blamed for?

Stadium infrastructure & training ground problems. 

23 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Maybe you could show us some examples of why everything is rosy in the garden 

I am not saying it’s rosy, I’m just not deeming everything a failure after six months & pinning all the blame on our minority owners. Prowls agenda is clearly showing in blaming the kibble. 

23 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I have you specifics
True to form, you choose not to acknowledge them.

Why are you being pedantic here? I am telling you if you have, I’ve missed them. Why won’t you point them out/ share them again? It seems very counterproductive when I’m being very balanced with you & saying I haven’t seen them/ missed them. 

9 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Which are?

That you claim Kibble are being blamed for.

As you would ask....evidence?

The subjects that were regularly brought up in the summer were the points on historic stadium issues that weren’t being named & improvements needed at the training ground. 

Granted I’m putting them in the same bucket as the football strips, ticketing issues, stewarding, etc but I guess you’re right. Anyone blaming the kibble for any of these things, is doing so without ‘evidence’ good point. 

Edited by bazil85

Why are you being pedantic here? I am telling you if you have, I’ve missed them. Why won’t you point them out/ share them again? It seems very counterproductive when I’m being very balanced with you & saying I haven’t seen them/ missed them. 
Read back.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

I think there’s been problems, most short term, some that will take a bit longer regarding legacy issues that pre-date kibble. I also think there is potentially a lot of tension with the cause being idiotic tweets by the chairman. 

I don’t think it’s close to a done deal that the kibble deal has failed as you seem to suggest. So again, why don’t you just list what is concerning you specifically linked to the Kibble? 

The current set up has all the hallmarks of a failing organisation.

While everything wasn't sunshine and roses under GLS, much of that related to one bad decision (appointing Stubbs) and the length of time it took to recover from that. Other issues were minor in comparison to what we have now. Then, we had monthly communication from the chairman, low turnover of background staff and while we might complain there could have been greater innovation commercially to maximise income, generally the fans felt valued.

Now, we have high turnover of staff, people being appointed to high profile positions and then leaving two months later, Board members resigning and fans finding this out only by doing Google searches, some people in positions of authority not even employed by us, boundaries blurred between Kibble and us, a board at war with each other, trust gone to the extent lawyers letters are allegedly being sent, a chairman making dodgy tweets and being fined as a result, total non communication, no direct answers to legitimate questions about the early season ticketing shambles and capacity debacle, Kibble appointees to the Board failing to attend not one but two meetings with SMISA members, SMISA trying to fill a vacant position on the Board by undemocratic means, and the fans, who are meant to own the club, being kept in the dark by our so called representatives. These are not short term teething problems but systemic issues; the whole thing is a shambles and we need to rip it up and start again.

Time for Basil the ostrich to wake up to what's happening.

Some of us never wanted Kibble in. It was never needed.

It was NOT what we bought into.
It was NOT the dream we were sold.
When presented to SMISA it was already reported on TV as a done deal before discussion or a vote.
It diluted fan ownership unnecessarily.
It gave partial control of our boardroom to an outside interest when the whole premise of fan ownership is for fans to own (not necessarily run) the club.

We voluntarily and unnecessarily diluted our ownership and our control.

Skills gaps could have easily been addressed by a well run fan owned club.

We were sold a dud and some people blindly acquiesced just because the club told them to.

Dividing the running of a committee was always a recipe for disaster.

I voiced concerns. I shared them with SMISA. The reassuring reply I received was trite, formulaic, scripted and offered no reassurance.

I spoke out but was democratically outvoted.

I accept that and take no pleasure in the current clusterfück.

You want the chairman out (I think he should fall on his sword too) yet he seems to be the one person fighting in the best interests of Saints behind the scenes.

The division in the boardroom has permeated the club top to bottom in record time.

Way beyond teething problems.

Bazil...

Big ask...

Read that post slowly and objectively.

It is a self fulfilling prophecy.

There ARE divisions behind the scenes.

There IS a Kibble v Saints power struggle.

Dirty deeds are aplay and legal threats are not an idle rumour, but a reality.

Still. I don't expect you to believe me. I expect you to demand evidence which you know cannot be given.

I expect the ostrich head to remain in the sand despite the risks and dangers to the club I love.

3 minutes ago, Hendo said:

The current set up has all the hallmarks of a failing organisation.

While everything wasn't sunshine and roses under GLS, much of that related to one bad decision (appointing Stubbs) and the length of time it took to recover from that. Other issues were minor in comparison to what we have now. Then, we had monthly communication from the chairman, low turnover of background staff and while we might complain there could have been greater innovation commercially to maximise income, generally the fans felt valued.

Now, we have high turnover of staff, people being appointed to high profile positions and then leaving two months later, Board members resigning and fans finding this out only by doing Google searches, some people in positions of authority not even employed by us, boundaries blurred between Kibble and us, a board at war with each other, trust gone to the extent lawyers letters are allegedly being sent, a chairman making dodgy tweets and being fined as a result, total non communication, no direct answers to legitimate questions about the early season ticketing shambles and capacity debacle, Kibble appointees to the Board failing to attend not one but two meetings with SMISA members, SMISA trying to fill a vacant position on the Board by undemocratic means, and the fans, who are meant to own the club, being kept in the dark by our so called representatives. These are not short term teething problems but systemic issues; the whole thing is a shambles and we need to rip it up and start again.

Time for Basil the ostrich to wake up to what's happening.

I don’t imagine anyone expected zero upheaval in the structuring of a new ownership model, if they did their expectations were far too high. 

It shows massive impatience to think that’s it, it’s failed less than 6 months into an ownership change. As I’ve said before, it’s telling it’s the people that didn’t want it in the first place that are desperate to jump on the self destruct button. 

Kibble were brought in for their capability to support in management, infrastructure & expertise, those changes have to come somewhere & it was undoubtedly going to ruffle some feathers. Come back to me in 3-5 years not months with your report card. 

I don’t imagine anyone expected zero upheaval in the structuring of a new ownership model, if they did their expectations were far too high. 

It shows massive impatience to think that’s it, it’s failed less than 6 months into an ownership change. As I’ve said before, it’s telling it’s the people that didn’t want it in the first place that are desperate to jump on the self destruct button. 

Kibble were brought in for their capability to support in management, infrastructure & expertise, those changes have to come somewhere & it was undoubtedly going to ruffle some feathers. Come back to me in 3-5 years not months with your report card. 
The number of staff who have resigned is of no concern?

Reports of ‘Kibble Out’ chants at Pittodrie. While I’m critical of the decision to bring them into the club, I don’t think that’s directly relevant to our failings on the pitch today. 

Whatever is happening behind the scenes is obviously working it’s way round the support though.

The irony being that we had our club in our own hands and decided to give that up. A golden opportunity passed up and now seemingly with a fight on our hands for control. All so unnecessary. 

Reports of ‘Kibble Out’ chants at Pittodrie. While I’m critical of the decision to bring them into the club, I don’t think that’s directly relevant to our failings on the pitch today. 

Whatever is happening behind the scenes is obviously working it’s way round the support though.

The irony being that we had our club in our own hands and decided to give that up. A golden opportunity passed up and now seemingly with a fight on our hands for control. All so unnecessary. 
This! 100% this.

11 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The subjects that were regularly brought up in the summer were the points on historic stadium issues that weren’t being named & improvements needed at the training ground. 

Granted I’m putting them in the same bucket as the football strips, ticketing issues, stewarding, etc but I guess you’re right. Anyone blaming the kibble for any of these things, is doing so without ‘evidence’ good point. 

Got it. Cheers. Or so i thought until  I re-read.

You've misunderstood (deliberately it appears)

To avoid doubt, "evidence?" Was asking you for the evidence to spport your claim that folk are blaming Kibble for historical issues that predated them.

I wouldn’t be against fans making their feelings known about KIBBLE , we currently look like we are being run by Dibble !

Fans best chance of getting heard is during a game, FFS , they don’t answer the phone or emails, time to be heard in the stands.

I hope the fan’s voice grows game by game ( prior to it / half time / full time ) and support the team during the game

TIME TO BE HEARD ! Get the banners made !

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Bazil...

Big ask...

Read that post slowly and objectively.

It is a self fulfilling prophecy.

There ARE divisions behind the scenes.

There IS a Kibble v Saints power struggle.

Dirty deeds are aplay and legal threats are not an idle rumour, but a reality.

Still. I don't expect you to believe me. I expect you to demand evidence which you know cannot be given.

I expect the ostrich head to remain in the sand despite the risks and dangers to the club I love.

Condescending as expected. 

Here’s the claim as I understand it - the Kibble/ SMISA ownership model has already failed as some of us predicted  (if this is wrong, kindly just correct me instead of continuing with your condescending nature) 

Heres my breakdown: 

First 3 paragraphs, that’s fine but enough voting members did  it was a democratic process & that’s the result. No kibble caused issues so far  

Skill gaps - yeah possibly, my view & others was that this could be managed very well through a partnership with the kibble. Your view was voting minority, not sure why you can’t just get over that.

sold a dud - your opinion so far, I’m asking what the evidence is for this, still nothing.

Jumping down to ‘no pleasure in clusterf**k’ still waiting on my ask being answered, no kibble caused clustef**k to my eyes. 

The chairman seems to be the only person fighting for St Mirren interests behind the scenes - as you’ve pointed out, I don’t fully accept its a cert there is backstage issues between kibble & the SMISA board but if true I wholeheartedly disagree with this conclusion. What the chairman said, I’m sure isn’t in the spirit of what The Kibble is but I also don’t think it is what our club should stand for. If (big if) the Kibble are trying to remove John because of his idiotic behaviour on Twitter, they have my backing (and seemingly yours) 

If the ‘division’ you speak about is again due to John’s posts (you say you want him out as well) then why in earth wouldn’t you be backing the kibble if you agree that’s best for the football club also? 

I asked for specifics, you referred me to a post that includes NOTHING that suggests partnering with the Kibble was wrong on is failing. If anything your post shows it’s a good thing we have a minority owner in our corner that wants the chairman to step down because of his behaviour. Surely that’s a better position than the original proposal where he’d be near fully unchecked?   

As for your follow up post ‘dirty deeds’ by the Kibble? You’re damn right I would ask for evidence, I don’t believe this for a second. 

To summarise, what you’ve shared is wholly lacking in any claims that back up your self gratifying points that the kibble ownership model has been a mistake. You are all over the place & even if it’s true about a legal challenge, Kibble being on the same side as you regarding ‘chairman out’ shows your clear agenda & it’s quite unbelievable you’d attach them as the bad guys in this scenario. 

15 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Got it. Cheers. Or so i thought until  I re-read.

You've misunderstood (deliberately it appears)

To avoid doubt, "evidence?" Was asking you for the evidence to spport your claim that folk are blaming Kibble for historical issues that predated them.

Here’s a couple of examples I found regarding Ralston. 

C38EF83F-78A5-422F-BE9E-E6D264074341.png

224CFA40-C193-443A-8264-F968B90F8E6D.png

Condescending as expected. 
Here’s the claim as I understand it - the Kibble/ SMISA ownership model has already failed as some of us predicted  (if this is wrong, kindly just correct me instead of continuing with your condescending nature) 
Heres my breakdown: 
First 3 paragraphs, that’s fine but enough voting members did  it was a democratic process & that’s the result. No kibble caused issues so far  
Skill gaps - yeah possibly, my view & others was that this could be managed very well through a partnership with the kibble. Your view was voting minority, not sure why you can’t just get over that.
sold a dud - your opinion so far, I’m asking what the evidence is for this, still nothing.

Jumping down to ‘no pleasure in clusterf**k’ still waiting on my ask being answered, no kibble caused clustef**k to my eyes. 

The chairman seems to be the only person fighting for St Mirren interests behind the scenes - as you’ve pointed out, I don’t fully accept its a cert there is backstage issues between kibble & the SMISA board but if true I wholeheartedly disagree with this conclusion. What the chairman said, I’m sure isn’t in the spirit of what The Kibble is but I also don’t think it is what our club should stand for. If (big if) the Kibble are trying to remove John because of his idiotic behaviour on Twitter, they have my backing (and seemingly yours) 
If the ‘division’ you speak about is again due to John’s posts (you say you want him out as well) then why in earth wouldn’t you be backing the kibble if you agree that’s best for the football club also? 

I asked for specifics, you referred me to a post that includes NOTHING that suggests partnering with the Kibble was wrong on is failing. If anything your post shows it’s a good thing we have a minority owner in our corner that wants the chairman to step down because of his behaviour. Surely that’s a better position than the original proposal where he’d be near fully unchecked?   

As for your follow up post ‘dirty deeds’ by the Kibble? You’re damn right I would ask for evidence, I don’t believe this for a second. 
To summarise, what you’ve shared is wholly lacking in any claims that back up your self gratifying points that the kibble ownership model has been a mistake. You are all over the place & even if it’s true about a legal challenge, Kibble being on the same side as you regarding ‘chairman out’ shows your clear agenda & it’s quite unbelievable you’d attach them as the bad guys in this scenario. 
No more to add other than one thing...

I'm open minded and willing to revise my opinion based on facts, not bloody minded like some.

I did indeed believe the chairman should fall on his sword.

I still believe his comments were crass, I'll advised, inflammatory, inappropriate, insensitive and plain wrong.

He has been punished, accepted the punishment and apologised.

Given the current division in the boardroom which is obvious to all bar those too blind to see, I feel that at present, he is best placed to fight our corner and save the club from the self destructive road ahead.

Now...

I have one opinion.
You have another.

I respect that.

Feel free not to reply.

2 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

No more to add other than one thing...

I'm open minded and willing to revise my opinion based on facts, not bloody minded like some.

I did indeed believe the chairman should fall on his sword.

I still believe his comments were crass, I'll advised, inflammatory, inappropriate, insensitive and plain wrong.

He has been punished, accepted the punishment and apologised.

Given the current division in the boardroom which is obvious to all bar those too blind to see, I feel that at present, he is best placed to fight our corner and save the club from the self destructive road ahead.

Now...

I have one opinion.
You have another.

I respect that.

Feel free not to reply.

Fair enough. 

I think we can agree though, any suggestion we are in a confirmable position that the kibble deal was a mistake are premature, baseless & attempted self gratification. 👍

Fair enough. 
I think we can agree though, any suggestion we are in a confirmable position that the kibble deal was a mistake are premature, baseless & attempted self gratification. [emoji106]
Time will tell.

You will still find excuses and others to blame though.

Should never have been a consideration or concern.

Fan ownership should be just that.

Too many people blindly following the party line and now too afraid to risk shame and embarrassment!

Deep trench there Baz.

I'd love to say I will take no pleasure in your ultimate shame and humiliation... ... ...

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Time will tell.

You will still find excuses and others to blame though.

Should never have been a consideration or concern.

Fan ownership should be just that.

Too many people blindly following the party line and now too afraid to risk shame and embarrassment!

Deep trench there Baz.

I'd love to say I will take no pleasure in your ultimate shame and humiliation... ... ...

No I won’t 

Based on all the evidence so far, I think it looks far more likely you’ll be wrong about the Kibble.