Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

At least many more people are reading this thread and commenting on it.
It’s very important that this remains a debate and discussion rather than a tit for tat point scoring exercise.

However it’s hard to agree when we see comments here like Baz85’s that problems have been ‘most short term’ and what he refers to as ‘legacy issues’ that pre-date Kibble. Or that tensions are the result of the Chairman’s  ‘idiotic tweets’.

Tensions? It’s open boardroom warfare. 

Believe me Baz, while you may think problems short term I’d ask you just to take a look around at matches. Listen to fellow fans like I do, saying how disillusioned they are, not with the poor results but with the club in general for all the reasons that appeared earlier on this thread.

Looking across to the West Stand in midweek in a ‘crowd’ of 2,300 I knew we were about 1000 down on season ticket holders, let alone PATG. We scraped 6,000 v Rangers with them in two stands. Crowds are down and dropping, which has been the case right from the off. 

(For comparison November 23 2019. Saints 2 Ross County 1 Attendance 4,708). 

I knew there and then that stadium catering was suffering sales-wise. That the 1877 club would be suffering. That costs across the board were probably outstripping income. All of which hurts the club.

All the talk I hear is that problems kicked in from the point Kibble’s new professionalism became involved and started a systematic clear out of anyone they could not control. I won’t list them all again, its easier to say Tommy Docherty, Campbell Kenney and one of the back office are all that’s left at the ground.

Furthermore two Kibble attempts to discredit the club and remove one or more directors without so much as a care for fans and other shareholders let alone SMISA have now failed. And a Digby Brown lawyer/director has tendered his resignation without even a thank you from the club.

Well if it matters to Digby Brown it bloody well matters to me and almost every fan I spoke to today and for the past umpteen weeks. Chris Stewart is a loss to the club.

These people are playing fast and loose with our club because they do not care. It is not the club they support and they have not put one penny of their own money into it!

Think about that. And remember it does not matter a damn to them what league we play in. If we were to be relegated they would not lift a finger to help us back.  

Even though I agree John Needham’s online comments were not the actions I would expect from a St Mirren director he must be supported in his efforts to protect the club.

What's next then? Here’s something to think about. 

Our AGM.

None of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders. 

It would suit them perfectly to continue this situation by selecting another ZOOM style AGM.

This must be avoided at all costs.

I would suggest they will (if they turn up) face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM. I’d suggest the 1877 club as a venue for its capacity, high ceiling and space if social distancing is an issue to ensure this happens.

When we played that 2019 game against Ross County we finished the season with the club united as never before. Outsiders have since found a way in and destroyed any semblance of unity within our club.

They don't care. They joke about it and one of them not so long ago loved to show his pals a St Mirren strip on his mobile only in green and white.

Attempting to re-write what has been going on since the professionals of Kibble arrived and began to take over almost every aspect of the running of OUR club like does nothing to add to the debate.

I hope, just hope, others agree with that and that an AGM MUST be face to face!

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I did. No shame. No apology.
The deal wasn't what I financed for all that time.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Pity you had such issue with not getting your way in a democratic vote. Hopefully most that also didn’t want the kibble respected the outcome of the democratic process. 

10 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

The issues with the training centre at Ralston do predate the Kibble. There’s been issues there for a long time. You don’t have to believe it but there has. Seems you’ve miss-understood

Your say so, just not cutting it just as my say so wouldn't cut it with you.

Hey ho.

Needham in 😁

Pity you had such issue with not getting your way in a democratic vote. Hopefully most that also didn’t want the kibble respected the outcome of the democratic process. 
I respected the democratic vote. After the event, I exercised my democratic right to withdraw support from something I believed to be fundamentally flawed.

Was that democratically wrong?

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

FFS. 😂 

If I didn’t like the (democratic) decisions being made at my golf club I would be entitled to discontinue my membership.

Who’s disrespecting a democratic process by not agreeing ya feckin drama Queen? 

6 minutes ago, animal said:

It’s very important that this remains a debate and discussion rather than a tit for tat point scoring exercise.

However it’s hard to agree when we see comments here like Baz85’s that problems have been ‘most short term’ and what he refers to as ‘legacy issues’ that pre-date Kibble. Or that tensions are the result of the Chairman’s  ‘idiotic tweets’.

Believe me Baz, while you may think problems short term I’d ask you just to take a look around at matches. Listen to fellow fans like I do, saying how disillusioned they are, not with the poor results but with the club in general for all the reasons that appeared earlier on this thread.

Looking across to the West Stand in midweek in a ‘crowd’ of 2,300 I knew we were about 1000 down on season ticket holders, let alone PATG. We scraped 6,000 v Rangers with them in two stands. Crowds are down and dropping, which has been the case right from the off. 

I knew there and then that stadium catering was suffering sales-wise. That the 1877 club would be suffering. That costs across the board were probably outstripping income. All of which hurts the club.

All the talk I hear is that problems kicked in from the point Kibble’s new professionalism became involved and started a systematic clear out of anyone they could not control. I won’t list them all again, its easier to say Tommy Docherty, Campbell Kenney and one of the back office are all that’s left at the ground.

Furthermore two Kibble attempts to discredit the club and remove one or more directors without so much as a care for fans and other shareholders let alone SMISA have now failed. And a Digby Brown lawyer/director has tendered his resignation without even a thank you from the club.

Well if it matters to Digby Brown it bloody well matters to me and almost every fan I spoke to today and for the past umpteen weeks. Chris Stewart is a loss to the club.

These people are playing fast and loose with our club because they do not care. It is not the club they support and they have not put one penny of their own money into it!

Think about that. And remember it does not matter a damn to them what league we play in. If we were to be relegated they would not lift a finger to help us back.  

Even though I agree John Needham’s online comments were not the actions I would expect from a St Mirren director he must be supported in his efforts to protect the club.

Our AGM.

None of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders. 

It would suit them perfectly to continue this situation by selecting another ZOOM style AGM.

I would suggest they will (if they turn up) face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM. I’d suggest the 1877 club as a venue for its capacity, high ceiling and space if social distancing is an issue to ensure this happens.

When we played that 2019 game against Ross County we finished the season with the club united as never before. Outsiders have since found a way in and destroyed any semblance of unity within our club.

They don't care. They joke about it and one of them not so long ago loved to show his pals a St Mirren strip on his mobile only in green and white.

Attempting to re-write what has been going on since the professionals of Kibble arrived and began to take over almost every aspect of the running of OUR club like does nothing to add to the debate.

There’s a lot of wild claims in there that it’s probably best not to entertain because it sounds like you’ve nailed exactly where they’ve come from. Chinese whispers around fans in the stadium whinging. 

What I would say (as I have before) Kibble were literally sold on changing parts of our operating model to improve & progress the club, streamlining different aspects, relying on their expertise & their resource. If anyone thought that would be possible while retaining every single member of staff under the previous model & without ruffling feathers, I can’t imagine they’ve looked deeply at the proposal. 

You have to break a few eggs to make an omelette. To have written this off less than six months into the new ownership model is very premature. History will judge the ownership, that will be years though not months. 

Our AGM.

Over to you Baz

I'm sure you have answers! [emoji41]

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I respected the democratic vote. After the event, I exercised my democratic right to withdraw support from something I believed to be fundamentally flawed.

Was that democratically wrong?

Nope, just unfortunate but as you say, well within your rights. 

Edited by bazil85

1 minute ago, Maboza said:

FFS. 😂 

If I didn’t like the (democratic) decisions being made at my golf club I would be entitled to discontinue my membership.

Who’s disrespecting a democratic process by not agreeing ya feckin drama Queen? 

As I said, it was a pity. I haven't said anything about disrespecting anything. 

16 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’re an odious little man, he did respect it but chose to be no longer involved as it was something he could no longer believe in. Your attempt to belittle him is shameful.

1 minute ago, WeeBud said:

You’re an odious little man, he did respect it but chose to be no longer involved as it was something he could no longer believe in. Your attempt to belittle him is shameful.

Utter nonsense, not even remotely what I have done. I personally think it’s a pity because I was hoping for members to continue with it based on the way the democratic vote went. It’s his right to cancel, it’s my right to wish everyone continued for the good of the club.

Get over yourself with your own condescending views here that I am forbidden from finding it unfortunate. 

Just now, bazil85 said:

Utter nonsense, not even remotely what I have done. I personally think it’s a pity because I was hoping for members to continue with it based on the way the democratic vote went. It’s his right to cancel, it’s my right to wish everyone continued for the good of the club.

Get over yourself with your own condescending views here that I am forbidden from finding it unfortunate. 

You’re at it, I often disagree with BinEK’s views and opinions as I do with others but trying to belittle or act in a superior manner is the lowest of the low….you thought you were being clever but you are nothing but obvious.

You’re at it, I often disagree with BinEK’s views and opinions as I do with others but trying to belittle or act in a superior manner is the lowest of the low….you thought you were being clever but you are nothing but obvious.
How very dare you disagree with me! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, WeeBud said:

I didn’t do that. I’m allowed to think it’s a pity people cancelled their memberships. I thought the same early on as well when people like Dicko & LPM cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

You do know this could run for ever as he's an utter cretin who won't let things go and will say the same thing time after time with very little sense, obvious as you say? 

At the end of the day ignore, mostly, is the answer. 

You do know this could run for ever as he's an utter cretin who won't let things go and will say the same thing time after time with very little sense, obvious as you say? 
At the end of the day ignore, mostly, is the answer. 
Ignore... Yet you quote me.
Oh needy one! [emoji23]