Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Really?

So continuing to support something I believe to be fundamentally flawed isn't hypocritical?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I think it’s possible to put that to the side & go with the democratic will of the voting fans. ‘I don’t think this is the best way but I’m happy to lend my support to the majority & see how it goes’ 

Of course you’ll just disagree with me because it absolutely sticks in your throat any sort of agreement with me on practically anything… Apart from of course our needy, little, angry, troll friend that is 😂

Even on ignore (apparently) in a thread he’s not involved in, he still feels the need to get his bit in. He’s like a desperate wee angry puppy, raging that his master has a new partner & trying to get between them on the couch. 

Edited by bazil85

I think it’s possible to put that to the side & go with the democratic will of the voting fans. ‘I don’t think this is the best way but I’m happy to lend my support to the majority & see how it goes’ 
Of course you’ll just disagree with me because it absolutely sticks in your throat any sort of agreement with me on practically anything… Apart from of course our needy, little, angry, troll friend that is. [emoji23]
Nope.
I have principles.
I supported the cause all the way.
When I believed it became untenable, I withdrew support.
I have no truck with that.

If you do, you have manufactured issues.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Nope.
I have principles.
I supported the cause all the way.
When I believed it became untenable, I withdrew support.
I have no truck with that.

If you do, you have manufactured issues.

I just think it’s a pity, you and weebud can read more into that if you want. 

12 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You do know this could run for ever as he's an utter cretin who won't let things go and will say the same thing time after time with very little sense, obvious as you say? 

At the end of the day ignore, mostly, is the answer. 

You don’t ignore at all, attending a weight watchers class doesn’t mean you’re losing any weight 🤣🤣🤣

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

This thread was bubbling along nicely but, yet again, the two most desperate fuds on the forum, while whining about being needy,  I'm sure the irony isn't lost on most people, take over with endless "you said, prove it, blah blah blah" posts that nobody pays any attention to, Groundhog Day? :lol:

While being unable not to pay attention to it. But, but, but, I use the ignore function so it doesn’t count 😂

This thread was bubbling along nicely but, yet again, the two most desperate fuds on the forum, while whining about being needy,  I'm sure the irony isn't lost on most people, take over with endless "you said, prove it, blah blah blah" posts that nobody pays any attention to, Groundhog Day? [emoji38]
Second and third most needy, tosser. But as I'm on ignore, you can't respond! [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Remarkably, I feel like I’m in the minority when I say:

’ I don’t want a self confessed bigot to be chairman of St Mirren ‘

What times we live in. Time to go John. You know it as well as we all do. 
Monday morning is resignation day. Get your letter in and let us all move on. We were fine before you came and we will be fine after you leave.

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Good contribution but I can see two likely outcomes to the current situation 

1. nothing really comes of it & everything settles down allowing for the club to continue & build as is with the ownership model 

2. The Kibble are indeed challenging the Chairman’s position & want him removed due to the tweets. Surely a positive that we have someone else on the board that can push for accountability & check SMISA. If Needham falls for his actions, that isn’t on the Kibble, it’s 100% on him. 

Either way, I don’t currently see you having much of a leg to stand in with your ‘big bad kibble’ agenda 😂

I'm starting to get to impression Kibble/Bazil85 are one in the same....  a bit like the Mafia/Cosa Nostra with a bit more skulduggery 

1 hour ago, animal said:

At least many more people are reading this thread and commenting on it.
It’s very important that this remains a debate and discussion rather than a tit for tat point scoring exercise.

However it’s hard to agree when we see comments here like Baz85’s that problems have been ‘most short term’ and what he refers to as ‘legacy issues’ that pre-date Kibble. Or that tensions are the result of the Chairman’s  ‘idiotic tweets’.

Tensions? It’s open boardroom warfare. 

Believe me Baz, while you may think problems short term I’d ask you just to take a look around at matches. Listen to fellow fans like I do, saying how disillusioned they are, not with the poor results but with the club in general for all the reasons that appeared earlier on this thread.

Looking across to the West Stand in midweek in a ‘crowd’ of 2,300 I knew we were about 1000 down on season ticket holders, let alone PATG. We scraped 6,000 v Rangers with them in two stands. Crowds are down and dropping, which has been the case right from the off. 

(For comparison November 23 2019. Saints 2 Ross County 1 Attendance 4,708). 

I knew there and then that stadium catering was suffering sales-wise. That the 1877 club would be suffering. That costs across the board were probably outstripping income. All of which hurts the club.

All the talk I hear is that problems kicked in from the point Kibble’s new professionalism became involved and started a systematic clear out of anyone they could not control. I won’t list them all again, its easier to say Tommy Docherty, Campbell Kenney and one of the back office are all that’s left at the ground.

Furthermore two Kibble attempts to discredit the club and remove one or more directors without so much as a care for fans and other shareholders let alone SMISA have now failed. And a Digby Brown lawyer/director has tendered his resignation without even a thank you from the club.

Well if it matters to Digby Brown it bloody well matters to me and almost every fan I spoke to today and for the past umpteen weeks. Chris Stewart is a loss to the club.

These people are playing fast and loose with our club because they do not care. It is not the club they support and they have not put one penny of their own money into it!

Think about that. And remember it does not matter a damn to them what league we play in. If we were to be relegated they would not lift a finger to help us back.  

Even though I agree John Needham’s online comments were not the actions I would expect from a St Mirren director he must be supported in his efforts to protect the club.

What's next then? Here’s something to think about. 

Our AGM.

None of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders. 

It would suit them perfectly to continue this situation by selecting another ZOOM style AGM.

This must be avoided at all costs.

I would suggest they will (if they turn up) face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM. I’d suggest the 1877 club as a venue for its capacity, high ceiling and space if social distancing is an issue to ensure this happens.

When we played that 2019 game against Ross County we finished the season with the club united as never before. Outsiders have since found a way in and destroyed any semblance of unity within our club.

They don't care. They joke about it and one of them not so long ago loved to show his pals a St Mirren strip on his mobile only in green and white.

Attempting to re-write what has been going on since the professionals of Kibble arrived and began to take over almost every aspect of the running of OUR club like does nothing to add to the debate.

I hope, just hope, others agree with that and that an AGM MUST be face to face!

Absolutely nailed it! Neither Kibble director has faced the fans nor attended either of the recent meetings and the reason is very obvious. Bazil seems to be disinterested in carrying out his own investigations nor does he ponder why so many of us have (and have become extremely worried). I'm afraid that the "where's the evidence" question is impossible to answer when referring to word of mouth. 

I have no intention of betraying confidences but the disharmony that exists within the club is easy to ascertain. There's no point in detailing all of the problems at the club as it's been done to death but he continues to ignore the testimony, while claiming that Kibble are wonderful and that well intentioned, informed supporters are wrong. 

Bazil, I truly wonder what your agenda is? No rational, sensible person could possibly deny that we are in trouble if he or she had asked the relevant questions to the right people about Kibble. I know, as does everyone else on this forum, that, despite your claims to the contrary, you are a Kibble apologist but I plead with you yet again - do your research! Talk to whatever contacts you have at the club. You surely know someone that could offer an insight to the internal politics. Talk to former employees/ directors/Smisa board members. Ask about the rock bottom morale at the club. But before you pontificate again, please do not offer an ill informed opinion when you evidently have not spoken to anyone who has had to work under the current regime.

Every single contributor who have posted warnings about the current legal threat have come across as eminently sensible and rational - doesn't that ring alarm bells in your head? It should.

Animals's statement that "none of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders" is very apt. I also agree that the Kibble reps should indeed "face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM". I also suspect that, as usual, they will find an excuse not to face the fans. 

I have spent enough time trying to encourage fellow fans to do their own research, ask their own questions and avoid posting opinions without having done so. I suspect that you mind is made up no matter how persuasive Animal's argument may be but I'd love you to reflect on what I, and many others, believe. Please, adopt a flexible attitude and reflect on this: If Animal, myself and the other like minded fans are correct then the future of our club is at stake. Isn't that worth the small amount of time it would take you to ask a few questions

p.s. Bazil, do you agree that they should in all good conscience attend the AGM in person and face up to the questions that will undoubtedly be posed from the members?

Do you think that they should confirm or deny that they have issued a legal threat?

Wouldn't that clear up this particular issue?

10 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Monday morning is resignation day. Get your letter in and let us all move on. We were fine before you came and we will be fine after you leave.

Correct. 

Absolutely nailed it! Neither Kibble director has faced the fans nor attended either of the recent meetings and the reason is very obvious. Bazil seems to be disinterested in carrying out his own investigations nor does he ponder why so many of us have (and have become extremely worried). I'm afraid that the "where's the evidence" question is impossible to answer when referring to word of mouth. 
I have no intention of betraying confidences but the disharmony that exists within the club is easy to ascertain. There's no point in detailing all of the problems at the club as it's been done to death but he continues to ignore the testimony, while claiming that Kibble are wonderful and that well intentioned, informed supporters are wrong. 
Bazil, I truly wonder what your agenda is? No rational, sensible person could possibly deny that we are in trouble if he or she had asked the relevant questions to the right people about Kibble. I know, as does everyone else on this forum, that, despite your claims to the contrary, you are a Kibble apologist but I plead with you yet again - do your research! Talk to whatever contacts you have at the club. You surely know someone that could offer an insight to the internal politics. Talk to former employees/ directors/Smisa board members. Ask about the rock bottom morale at the club. But before you pontificate again, please do not offer an ill informed opinion when you evidently have not spoken to anyone who has had to work under the current regime.
Every single contributor who have posted warnings about the current legal threat have come across as eminently sensible and rational - doesn't that ring alarm bells in your head? It should.
Animals's statement that "none of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders" is very apt. I also agree that the Kibble reps should indeed "face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM". I also suspect that, as usual, they will find an excuse not to face the fans. 
I have spent enough time trying to encourage fellow fans to do their own research, ask their own questions and avoid posting opinions without having done so. I suspect that you mind is made up no matter how persuasive Animal's argument may be but I'd love you to reflect on what I, and many others, believe. Please, adopt a flexible attitude and reflect on this: If Animal, myself and the other like minded fans are correct then the future of our club is at stake. Isn't that worth the small amount of time it would take you to ask a few questions
p.s. Bazil, do you agree that they should in all good conscience attend the AGM in person and face up to the questions that will undoubtedly be posed from the members?
Do you think that they should confirm or deny that they have issued a legal threat?
Paragraphs.
Honestly.
That aside, aye.

I was firmly in the "must fall on his sword" camp.

I have reconsidered.

He was wrong in what he said.
However...
He has apologised.
He has been punished.

We move on.

Maybe he is best placed to support St Mirren's interests?

25 minutes ago, TopCat said:

What did he say that was bigoted? *** is a word for rangers fans, not a religious group. They are ****, they'll always be ****. I would never refer to a non Catholic as a ***. It's a term for rangers fans.

1 hour ago, animal said:

At least many more people are reading this thread and commenting on it.
It’s very important that this remains a debate and discussion rather than a tit for tat point scoring exercise.

However it’s hard to agree when we see comments here like Baz85’s that problems have been ‘most short term’ and what he refers to as ‘legacy issues’ that pre-date Kibble. Or that tensions are the result of the Chairman’s  ‘idiotic tweets’.

Tensions? It’s open boardroom warfare. 

Believe me Baz, while you may think problems short term I’d ask you just to take a look around at matches. Listen to fellow fans like I do, saying how disillusioned they are, not with the poor results but with the club in general for all the reasons that appeared earlier on this thread.

Looking across to the West Stand in midweek in a ‘crowd’ of 2,300 I knew we were about 1000 down on season ticket holders, let alone PATG. We scraped 6,000 v Rangers with them in two stands. Crowds are down and dropping, which has been the case right from the off. 

(For comparison November 23 2019. Saints 2 Ross County 1 Attendance 4,708). 

I knew there and then that stadium catering was suffering sales-wise. That the 1877 club would be suffering. That costs across the board were probably outstripping income. All of which hurts the club.

All the talk I hear is that problems kicked in from the point Kibble’s new professionalism became involved and started a systematic clear out of anyone they could not control. I won’t list them all again, its easier to say Tommy Docherty, Campbell Kenney and one of the back office are all that’s left at the ground.

Furthermore two Kibble attempts to discredit the club and remove one or more directors without so much as a care for fans and other shareholders let alone SMISA have now failed. And a Digby Brown lawyer/director has tendered his resignation without even a thank you from the club.

Well if it matters to Digby Brown it bloody well matters to me and almost every fan I spoke to today and for the past umpteen weeks. Chris Stewart is a loss to the club.

These people are playing fast and loose with our club because they do not care. It is not the club they support and they have not put one penny of their own money into it!

Think about that. And remember it does not matter a damn to them what league we play in. If we were to be relegated they would not lift a finger to help us back.  

Even though I agree John Needham’s online comments were not the actions I would expect from a St Mirren director he must be supported in his efforts to protect the club.

What's next then? Here’s something to think about. 

Our AGM.

None of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders. 

It would suit them perfectly to continue this situation by selecting another ZOOM style AGM.

This must be avoided at all costs.

I would suggest they will (if they turn up) face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM. I’d suggest the 1877 club as a venue for its capacity, high ceiling and space if social distancing is an issue to ensure this happens.

When we played that 2019 game against Ross County we finished the season with the club united as never before. Outsiders have since found a way in and destroyed any semblance of unity within our club.

They don't care. They joke about it and one of them not so long ago loved to show his pals a St Mirren strip on his mobile only in green and white.

Attempting to re-write what has been going on since the professionals of Kibble arrived and began to take over almost every aspect of the running of OUR club like does nothing to add to the debate.

I hope, just hope, others agree with that and that an AGM MUST be face to face!

Great post Animal 🏆

48 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I don’t want a self confessed bigot to be chairman of St Mirren ‘

Yes you are Snow White and Thank F...K

I too felt that at the time the chairman was Out of order and should resign. Now I’m not so sure. What I do know is that this can’t go on the club we all love is being taken away from us the people who matter most. I don’t feel as close to the club and I know so many others who say the same. The fans must act now and reclaim our club. If it takes another six years so be it let’s get together and pay the cash each month to truly be fan owned. At present the kibble have paid 400k is it and are from what I can tell running Everything. It’s a shambles and it cannot go on 

To all the Saints fans calling for the head of our Chairman

First I'd like to say what i did agree with you on, The bridge tweet wasn't very clever from a man who was about to take a major role at our club. he should have choose his words more carefully, BUT THAT'S IT  John has went from a fan to director and future chairman in a matter of months it was a mistake, but it was a tweet of a fan so lets cut the man some slack we all should be standing with him I certainly am especially when you consider what was happening at the time. 

This tweet was posted when all of Scotland were lambasting The Range rs fans behaviour. in the middle of the lock down, and John tweeted to his friends most of us did too i would guess on the subject text or otherwise,

Disgusting Shameful and Disgraceful were some of the headlines in the press, They were being condemned by the Scottish Government and Parliament,  Police Scotland, The National Health Service, Glasgow Council, and even many Rangers fans,,  and pretty sure most on here too, 

OH nearly forgot and Rangers condemn the small minority :huh: 

So to the those who say he has brought shame to our club I say no you do 

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I respected the democratic vote. After the event, I exercised my democratic right to withdraw support from something I believed to be fundamentally flawed.

Sign back up. You can for a £fiver (I believe) & i'll see you at the SMISA AGM 😁 

Edited by Kombibuddie

10 hours ago, doakie said:

Some issues here 

- so many of us. The moaners on this website are consistently shown not to be a majority of our fans, that’s especially true when dealing in conspiracy. 
- Why on earth are the kibble being labelled the bad guys when it seems (if true) everything has boiled over from our chairman? 

- The do your own research. I feel this has led fans to the conclusion that Kibble will be changing things behind the scenes regarding our operations… exactly as advertised when the deal was proposed. 

- Not attending AGM/ Meetings. This isn’t a big deal for me, it further fuels the us vs them mentality. Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family. Do I think every director needs to be present at an AGM? No I don’t. 
- the legal threat (again if true), see the point on why Kibble are being automatically labelled the bad guy for this when our chairman has just been fined by the SFA for his behaviour online. 

I don’t think for a second this is a coincidence that emotions have bubbled over in a time correlated to an extremely poor run of form. 

Edited by bazil85

10 hours ago, TopCat said:

In another other business  in the land he would be forced  to stand down as chairman  by his fellow directors, and if he was put on the board as a representative  of a trade union for example  ,they would have removed him  very quickly and replaced him.

The quickest answer  to this is , Smisa withdraw him and replace him and find a way to work with Kibble.