Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

4 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

In another other business  in the land he would be forced  to stand down as chairman  by his fellow directors, and if he was put on the board as a representative  of a trade union for example  ,they would have removed him  very quickly and replaced him.

The quickest answer  to this is , Smisa withdraw him and replace him and find a way to work with Kibble.

Aye, replace him with a Kibble approved candidate, with the annointed one presented to the membership as a done deal. No democracy, this is NOT what fan ownership should look like.

Some issues here 
- so many of us. The moaners on this website are consistently shown not to be a majority of our fans, that’s especially true when dealing in conspiracy. 
- Why on earth are the kibble being labelled the bad guys when it seems (if true) everything has boiled over from our chairman? 
- The do your own research. I feel this has led fans to the conclusion that Kibble will be changing things behind the scenes regarding our operations… exactly as advertised when the deal was proposed. 
- Not attending AGM/ Meetings. This isn’t a big deal for me, it further fuels the us vs them mentality. Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family. Do I think every director needs to be present at an AGM? No I don’t. 
- the legal threat (again if true), see the point on why Kibble are being automatically labelled the bad guy for this when our chairman has just been fined by the SFA for his behaviour online. 

I don’t think for a second this is a coincidence that emotions have bubbled over in a time correlated to an extremely poor run of form. 
Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, TopCat said:

Remarkably, I feel like I’m in the minority when I say:

’ I don’t want a self confessed bigot to be chairman of St Mirren ‘

What times we live in. Time to go John. You know it as well as we all do. 
Monday morning is resignation day. Get your letter in and let us all move on. We were fine before you came and we will be fine after you leave.

Well… the work of Big Brother is done here, then!

someone who mocks bigots IS a bigot.

depressing double-think from you, TC.  :(

26 minutes ago, Hendo said:

Aye, replace him with a Kibble approved candidate, with the annointed one presented to the membership as a done deal. No democracy, this is NOT what fan ownership should look like.

The person that Smisa put up should be democratically  approved by their members ,no doubt about that.

37 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Some issues here 

- so many of us. The moaners on this website are consistently shown not to be a majority of our fans, that’s especially true when dealing in conspiracy. 
- Why on earth are the kibble being labelled the bad guys when it seems (if true) everything has boiled over from our chairman? 

- The do your own research. I feel this has led fans to the conclusion that Kibble will be changing things behind the scenes regarding our operations… exactly as advertised when the deal was proposed. 

- Not attending AGM/ Meetings. This isn’t a big deal for me, it further fuels the us vs them mentality. Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family. Do I think every director needs to be present at an AGM? No I don’t. 
- the legal threat (again if true), see the point on why Kibble are being automatically labelled the bad guy for this when our chairman has just been fined by the SFA for his behaviour online. 

I don’t think for a second this is a coincidence that emotions have bubbled over in a time correlated to an extremely poor run of form. 

Well, Bazil, there you have it - you have removed any doubt in my mind that you have a Kibble agenda. It's there for us all to see. You don't think that the Kibble directors need to be at the AGM? What nonsense! They have steadfastly refused to have face to face contact with other shareholders and fans, indeed no direct contact at all! 

The Kibble have been on our board since March 2020 and yet you're trying to pin the blame on our chairman? In spite of my using temperate, calm language on here you resort to emotive, argumentative phrases such as "The moaners on this website are consistently shown not to be a majority of our fans".  Let me to adopt one of your favourite cliché's - where is your evidence?

You are correct in saying that "Kibble will be changing things behind the scenes regarding our operations" but, sadly, it's not for the better - and the evidence is there for everyone to see. 

You even tie yourself in knots in your attempt to defend your Kibble paymasters/pals when you declare "Not attending AGM/ Meetings. This isn’t a big deal for me, it further fuels the us vs them mentality. Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family." It's the opposite - if Kibble were part of the family they would be in attendance but they are cute - I'm certain they are already planting seeds for non attendance because they simply do not want to face the shareholders. It's unheard of for two board members to constantly avoid the fans scrutiny and it's certainly unethical.

Referring back to my post I asked simple questions i.e. 

"Bazil, do you agree that they should in all good conscience attend the AGM in person and face up to the questions that will undoubtedly be posed from the members" In replying that you don't, you have put on display for the entire forum to see that you have an agenda and now, more than ever, I'm confident that you have a Kibble connection, whether that be as an employee or not. 

I also asked "Do you think that they should confirm or deny that they have issued a legal threat?" Like Trump and Johnson you completely failed to answer that simple question instead you answered like a slippery, dishonest politician and said "why Kibble are being automatically labelled the bad guy for this when our chairman has just been fined by the SFA for his behaviour online. " My point is not, and never has been, about John Needham  - that's a separate issue and you have tried to muddy the waters by bringing him into this exchange. 

You are very aware that the club is in a downward spiral. You are as aware as anyone of the dangers they pose to our club yet you still defend them. You refuse to carry out the research I asked of you. Refused to ask questions. Shame on you, sir, you do not have St.Mirren's best interests at heart. I have tried reasonable, logical debate but you have an agenda, that much is obvious. 

It's clear that many contributors here hold your "opinions" with contempt and I only hope that those that don't can now be persuaded to see through your clear agenda.

I'll sum up by leaving your quote so that your unreasonable, illogical stance can be highlighted. At a time when Kibble have threatened legal action against the custodians of our club your view is this:  "Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family. Do I think every director needs to be present at an AGM? No I don’t. "

Wow. That says it all.

18 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

The person that Smisa put up should be democratically  approved by their members ,no doubt about that.

Approved? This is our candidate, if you don't approve them we don't have a chairman? What about candidates putting themselves forward and we get to vote for the one we like best, you know, in a democracy?

There should, clearly be a fit and proper person test, but if that is passed we should be able to vote on all candidates. Otherwise, the suspicion will be that the candidate is a Kibble stooge, there because they will agree with them.

11 minutes ago, doakie said:

Well, Bazil, there you have it - you have removed any doubt in my mind that you have a Kibble agenda. It's there for us all to see. You don't think that the Kibble directors need to be at the AGM? What nonsense! They have steadfastly refused to have face to face contact with other shareholders and fans, indeed no direct contact at all! 

The Kibble have been on our board since March 2020 and yet you're trying to pin the blame on our chairman? In spite of my using temperate, calm language on here you resort to emotive, argumentative phrases such as "The moaners on this website are consistently shown not to be a majority of our fans".  Let me to adopt one of your favourite cliché's - where is your evidence?

You are correct in saying that "Kibble will be changing things behind the scenes regarding our operations" but, sadly, it's not for the better - and the evidence is there for everyone to see. 

You even tie yourself in knots in your attempt to defend your Kibble paymasters/pals when you declare "Not attending AGM/ Meetings. This isn’t a big deal for me, it further fuels the us vs them mentality. Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family." It's the opposite - if Kibble were part of the family they would be in attendance but they are cute - I'm certain they are already planting seeds for non attendance because they simply do not want to face the shareholders. It's unheard of for two board members to constantly avoid the fans scrutiny and it's certainly unethical.

Referring back to my post I asked simple questions i.e. 

"Bazil, do you agree that they should in all good conscience attend the AGM in person and face up to the questions that will undoubtedly be posed from the members" In replying that you don't, you have put on display for the entire forum to see that you have an agenda and now, more than ever, I'm confident that you have a Kibble connection, whether that be as an employee or not. 

I also asked "Do you think that they should confirm or deny that they have issued a legal threat?" Like Trump and Johnson you completely failed to answer that simple question instead you answered like a slippery, dishonest politician and said "why Kibble are being automatically labelled the bad guy for this when our chairman has just been fined by the SFA for his behaviour online. " My point is not, and never has been, about John Needham  - that's a separate issue and you have tried to muddy the waters by bringing him into this exchange. 

You are very aware that the club is in a downward spiral. You are as aware as anyone of the dangers they pose to our club yet you still defend them. You refuse to carry out the research I asked of you. Refused to ask questions. Shame on you, sir, you do not have St.Mirren's best interests at heart. I have tried reasonable, logical debate but you have an agenda, that much is obvious. 

It's clear that many contributors here hold your "opinions" with contempt and I only hope that those that don't can now be persuaded to see through your clear agenda.

I'll sum up by leaving your quote so that your unreasonable, illogical stance can be highlighted. At a time when Kibble have threatened legal action against the custodians of our club your view is this:  "Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family. Do I think every director needs to be present at an AGM? No I don’t. "

Wow. That says it all.

No agenda, I’m just not jumping down the throat of the part owners of our football club. You have admitted yourself there isn’t evidence to if or why legal advice has been taken, so why do you automatically jump to this ‘kibble bad’ agenda? 

I only pin the blame on our chairman for his very ignorant & unprofessional tweets. I am not pinning any other blame on any other group because by your admission, we simply don’t know. You’re clearly trying to push me to the other side because you’ve made up your mind about Kibble despite… yep, you guessed it, you not knowing. 

My evidence that people on this website often don’t speak for the majority. Linked directly to the fan ownership we have: 

- the kibble deal 

- the original fan buyout 

- the use of funds to support player budgets 

- the use of future funds to buy AstroTurf pitch at Ralston

- the use vs saving model of the discretionary funds

That’s just off the top of my head, I’m sure there will be many more. 

‘It’s not for the better’ what evidence shows this? I will say it again, if people thought there wouldn’t be ruffled feathers & everything would be rosy 6 months into a new fan ownership model, there expectations were too high. In fact they are off the chart ignorant IMO. 

I don’t believe in an us vs them mentality, as long as we have people at AGM’s to answer questions, I’m happy. I don’t think it necessarily needs to be the Kibble directors. Your wording here again shows me you are us vs them, sad IMO again. 

Throughout my time on this form I have been accused of having/ being, connections to GLS, Gilmour, undetermined St Mirren directors, the Kibble, St Mirren management, SMISA representatives, SMISA committee members. I assure you it’s none of the above. For me it just shows there is some on here that can’t grasp a St Mirren fan defending St Mirren & there must be an alternative motive for doing so. For me kibble & St Mirren are one in the same now regarding the directorship of the club. Why is that such a bad view to you?

No I don’t think they necessarily have to confirm or deny any legal challenge right now. If true we do not know any of the details so surely you accept it may be linked to gagging orders or other aspects preventing discussion? You are again the one assuming Kibble bad in all this when we’ve just had a chairman fined.

Bar the slump in form, how on earth are we in a downward spiral? Five years ago we were one result from a league 1 playoff. Last season we were one result from top 6. All while remaining in the black, a feat very few of our rivals have managed. 

What additional research would you suggest? The issue here is not asking questions, it’s you attaching answers to questions you factually don’t know. Do you deny you have no idea about the legal challenge (if true)? 

Your last point, show me where this legal challenge (if exists) isn’t because the kibble have the clubs best interests at heart? You can’t… wow 

As I have said, I have tried logical, reasoned debate but you bend the facts to suit your argumentative stance. You once said that some contributors are attention seekers. Oh, the irony. 

You are obviously a Kibble apologist as our exchanges have clearly shown. You are stubborn, unreasonable and are more interested in scoring childish, petty points in immature exchanges with others. I prefer adult, mature debate so our conversations have come to an end - life's too short to converse with those who are so blind that they deny what is staring them in the face.

You have now proven without doubt to me (and many others) that 1, you are tied to Kibble and 2, you are more interested in keeping arguments going rather than seek resolution or even the middle ground so please do not reply as my part in this conversation is over - although I'm certain that, like most immature, argumentative individuals, your ego will demand that you have the last word. Please prove me wrong and, for once, maintain a dignified silence.

Goodbye.

Edited by doakie

2 minutes ago, doakie said:

As I have said, I have tried logical, reasoned debate but you bend the facts to suit your argumentative stance. You once said that some contributors are attention seekers. Oh, the irony. 

You are obviously a Kibble apologist as our exchanges have clearly shown. You are stubborn, unreasonable and are more interested in scoring childish, petty points in immature exchanges with others. I prefer adult, mature debate so our conversations have come to an end - life's too short to converse with those who are so blind that they deny what is staring them in the face.

You have now proven without doubt to me (and many others) that 1, you are tied to Kibble and 2, you are more interested in keeping arguments going rather than seek resolution or even the middle ground so please do not reply as my part in this conversation is over - although I'm certain that, like most immature, argumentative individuals, your ego will demand that you have the last word. Please prove me wrong and, for once, maintain a dignified silence.

Goodbye.

The reality is, I have been balanced & I have pointed out FACTUALLY where your concerns don’t stack up. 

You aren’t the first & you won’t be the last to (wrongly) accuse me of having some sort of official/ unofficial association with SMISA, SMFC or The Kibble, the reality is I’m just a fan of the club, nothing more. It’s either paranoia or attempted antagonism as a way of deflecting from my valid points. 

I am disappointed that a few St Mirren fans are so against one of our minority owners, despite by their own admission, a near complete lack of evidence that they’re the bad guys. 

I’m not surprised you’ve went to end this engagement, I feel anyone that looks rationally will see you have more than a little let yourself down here with outlandish claims, conspiracy theory and assumption. 👍

12 minutes ago, doakie said:

Goodbye.

I think what is ‘proven without doubt’ to others, is this is more a technique you use in argument than a genuine view. How many people on this website are Kibble spies? 😂😂😂

6A8F212C-FC31-4957-97D2-E2426B5F1EFB.jpeg

18 minutes ago, doakie said:

Goodbye.

The paranoia isn’t just yours. 

D52FD866-B8C2-4D5F-BA48-5C5D570292DE.png

Edited by bazil85

Pretty telling that you have changed your tune on the chairman walking when rumours swirl that The Kibble may want the same. [emoji23]
Yet you say the rumours are unsubstantiated!

I did something you find impossible!

I reconsidered the facts and amended my stance accordingly.

As I said, not that you listened, I still condemn his actions.

He has apologised.
He has been, and rightly so, punished.

Nothing positive will be achieved by pursuing the matter other than giving you a convenient distraction from the bigger picture.

20 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Yet you say the rumours are unsubstantiated!

I did something you find impossible!

I reconsidered the facts and amended my stance accordingly.

As I said, not that you listened, I still condemn his actions.

He has apologised.
He has been, and rightly so, punished.

Nothing positive will be achieved by pursuing the matter other than giving you a convenient distraction from the bigger picture.

Well yes when ‘rumours swirl’ not when rumours are confirmed 🤦‍♂️

One sniff of Kibble agreement and you changed your tune, agreed? 

I still think he should stand down/ be removed, astounding you have issues with that stance when you shared it a few days ago. 

Well yes when ‘rumours swirl’ not when rumours are confirmed [emoji2357]

One sniff of Kibble agreement and you changed your tune, agreed? 

I still think he should stand down/ be removed, astounding you have issues with that stance when you shared it a few days ago. 
T y p i n g
S l o w l y
F o r
T h e
H a r d
O f
T h i n k i n g... ...

My revision of my stance had nothing whatsoever to do with Kibble.

You have fabricated that and no matter how many times you repeat it, it is still just a figment of your tiny mind!

The matter was dealt with by the SFA.

Our chairman was rightfully punished.

He apologised.

Saints have said there will be no further commitment.

That particular issue is therefore concluded and nothing can be gained from dragging it on...

Unless you are hell bent on destroying our club!

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

T y p i n g
S l o w l y
F o r
T h e
H a r d
O f
T h i n k i n g... ...

You have fabricated that and no matter how many times you repeat it, it is still just a figment of your tiny mind!

He apologised.

That particular issue is therefore concluded and nothing can be gained from dragging it on...

So you say but I don’t believe you. 

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

T y p i n g
S l o w l y
F o r
T h e
H a r d
O f
T h i n k i n g... ...

He apologised.

Seems like he's hell bent on destroying John Needham for the benefit of Kibble

Seems like he's hell bent on destroying John Needham for the benefit of Kibble
I can't think of any other explanation.

He is the one who continually references the Kibble and links them to this issue when the matter is completely unrelated.... Unless he has some inside information! [emoji850]

10 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I can't think of any other explanation.

He is the one who continually references the Kibble and links them to this issue when the matter is completely unrelated.... Unless he has some inside information! emoji850.png

That’s a blatant lie 

Pretty telling that you have changed your tune on the chairman walking when rumours swirl that The Kibble may want the same. [emoji23]
Oh look... I must have imagined this reference to the Kibble. My bad.

We all know Baz is NEVER in the wrong! [emoji850][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Oh look... I must have imagined this reference to the Kibble. My bad.

We all know Baz is NEVER in the wrong! emoji850.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

I have talked about the kibble because others have brought it up on here regarding legal challenges & unsupported claims that they are responsible for lots of supposed bad things going on at the club. NOT the other way around & you know that. It’s a wilful lie regarding the situation.

4pm yesterday you were still calling for him to ‘fall on his sword’ almost two clear day’s after the SFA outcome was published. What’s changed within 24 hours that now means your view is he should stay & anyone that hasn’t now aligned with that view, is ‘hell bent’ on destroying the chairman only for the benefit of the Kibble? 

1029C072-078B-417C-AB2E-5A08FDC2838B.jpeg

I have talked about the kibble because others have brought it up on here regarding legal challenges & unsupported claims that they are responsible for lots of supposed bad things going on at the club. NOT the other way around & you know that. It’s a wilful lie regarding the situation.

4pm yesterday you were still calling for him to ‘fall on his sword’ almost two clear day’s after the SFA outcome was published. What’s changed within 24 hours that now means your view is he should stay & anyone that hasn’t now aligned with that view, is ‘hell bent’ on destroying the chairman only for the benefit of the Kibble? 
1029C072-078B-417C-AB2E-5A08FDC2838B.thumb.jpeg.aa164cdc96575150bb084ddd86bd8727.jpeg
Beep beep

Warning... Bazil reversing ...
Warning... Bazil reversing...

I have very clearly explained why I have accepted the current situation and decided to move on in the best interests of the club I support.

I honestly can't type any slower or use smaller words to help you!

I'll do what I believe to be in St Mirren's best interests.

You do what gives you a wee stauner.

Plus ça change!