Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

While I agree with much of what you say, Kibble do not "rehabilitate convicted criminals". They work with young people who have often suffered significant past trauma - FWIW the idea of giving those young people opportunities through employment and training via the club is a very good thing. My issue is you need to be really gullible to think that is the Kibbles altruistic motive in all of this.

Must have been value for the Kibble in this deal somewhere 

A hassle free readymade workshop/training ground, all utilities paid for

Ffs.. always felt sorry for faraway as thought he had very little life outside this forum.

You  (basil) have taken it to new levels..all Saturday night ( surely most normal people have better things to do on a Saturday) and almost since you opened your eyes on the Sunday post after post after post of repetitive pish! 

Honestly, get yourself a life outside this forum. What you are doing is not healthy. I appreciate lockdown and covid has not been kind to us all but please……get a life 😁

5 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Ffs.. always felt sorry for faraway as thought he had very little life outside this forum.

You  (basil) have taken it to new levels..all Saturday night ( surely most normal people have better things to do on a Saturday) and almost since you opened your eyes on the Sunday post after post after post of repetitive pish! 

Honestly, get yourself a life outside this forum. What you are doing is not healthy. I appreciate lockdown and covid has not been kind to us all but please……get a life 😁

Typical of so many on here. I had long since stopped but you just had to get in your wee dig about how you feel I should use the forum. 

Why don’t you ‘get a life’ other than getting triggered & telling others how they should use their free time? 🤷‍♂️

Also, pretty telling it’s a pop at me… nothing about the poster that went almost message for message with me? :whistle

21 hours ago, animal said:

I knew there and then that stadium catering was suffering sales-wise. That the 1877 club would be suffering. That costs across the board were probably outstripping income. All of which hurts the club.

OK I won’t list them all again, its easier to say Tommy Docherty, Campbell Kennedy and one of the back office are all that’s left at the ground.

Furthermore two Kibble attempts to discredit the club and remove one or more directors without so much as a care for fans and other shareholders let alone SMISA have now failed. And a Digby Brown lawyer/director has tendered his resignation without even a thank you from the club.

Well if it matters to Digby Brown it bloody well matters to me and almost every fan I spoke to today and for the past umpteen weeks. Chris Stewart is a loss to the club.

Our AGM.

None of the Kibble representatives on our board have yet faced any kind of scrutiny or questioning from St Mirren supporters or shareholders.

I would suggest they will (if they turn up) face a forensic grilling at a physical AGM. I’d suggest the 1877 club as a venue for its capacity, high ceiling and space if social distancing is an issue to ensure this happens.

Forgive me for deleting parts of your post which was interesting. I would like just to comment on a couple of parts. Just for clarification so please feel free to call me wrong.

I believe unless it had changed over the years the Carrs paid a fixed price for the kiosks to St Mirren. Hospitality a different ball game. The product supplied since their "retirement" is far from satisfactory. I like my bovril hot.

As I said in an earlier post Chris Stewart on the 24th November remained as our Company Secretary and the Cardinal Sin not mentioning our Tony along with Campbell and Tommy.

(Is the high ceiling for hanging  purposes?)

Could I ask if you could indicate what side of the fence the directors are on. Taken from Company Information prior to last year's AGM.

Wardrop, Scott, Fitzpztrick, Stewart, Riley, Gillespie, MacMillan.

23 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

Interesting, and a common misplaced thought.

I've been on here for over 15 years, the number of posts usually fools some dimwits, but when you analyse it that equates to 9 posts a day.

Now, that might seem quite a lot, but as I generally can't be arsed writing a new chapter of War and Peace it really isn't that much time.

Even if it is, WGAF? 

Edited by faraway saint
Auto correct shite

Interesting, and a common misplaced thought.
I've been on here for over 15 years, the number of posts usually fools some dimwits, but when you analyse it that equates to 9 posts a day.
Now, that might seem quite a lot, but as I generally can't be arsed writing a new chapter of War and Piece it really isn't that much time.
Even if it is, WGAF? 
Surely you could sandwich something in to war and piece? [emoji23][emoji12]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Not attending AGM/ Meetings. This isn’t a big deal for me, it further fuels the us vs them mentality. Kibble directors are part of the St Mirren board & the St Mirren family. Do I think every director needs to be present at an AGM? No I don’t. 

-

Ok you've caught me in your web. I cannot recall attending any AGM, and I have attended many, that a Director has chosen to not attend. I would consider it an unwritten duty for a Director to attend an AGM and for you to think otherwise puts some doubt in my mind about your lack of knowledge of business etiquette. If that is not the case it proves that anybody saying black you would automatically say white. 

17 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Ok you've caught me in your web. I cannot recall attending any AGM, and I have attended many, that a Director has chosen to not attend. I would consider it an unwritten duty for a Director to attend an AGM and for you to think otherwise puts some doubt in my mind about your lack of knowledge of business etiquette. If that is not the case it proves that anybody saying black you would automatically say white. 

I know they didn’t turn up at the last two SMiSA Q and A’s but is the next AGM not their first opportunity 

They being the K directors 

Edited by alanb

17 minutes ago, hamlet said:

All directors attending and taking part? I don’t think it’s ‘business etiquette’ for them to not be there but you are welcome to disagree. 

It’s funny though isn’t it? You’re saying I would argue black is white when you’re literally jumping in to disagree with me. People have said it about me on here before in various threads… Usually while I defend SMFC, which I have been doing regarding not jumping on the ‘kibble bad’ bandwagon. Strange behaviour for a football clubs fan forum I would have thought before witnessing just how desperate some have been to criticise the club over the years on here. 

3 minutes ago, Iamhammer said:

Am I the only one who thinks that no company should ever have a general manager who is not their employee? 

I think the more relevant point here would be the why you think that? Surely it all comes down to capability, benefit & aptitude for the role. Why does it matter who pays the person? 

7 minutes ago, alanb said:

I know they didn’t turn up at the last two SMiSA Q and A’s but is the next AGM not their first opportunity 

They being the K directors 

I'm guessing because they are not SMISA members. SMISA have shown themselves to be a MICKEY MOUSE organisation. Supporters playing at running a football club. A Chiarman who should have resigned a treasurer who thought it a good idea to contribute to the Chairmans fine and a convenor who you wouldn't let go your messages let alone have a say in how a business is run....and everyone wondering why things aren't going very well?🤣

15 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

I'm guessing because they are not SMISA members. SMISA have shown themselves to be a MICKEY MOUSE organisation. Supporters playing at running a football club. A Chiarman who should have resigned a treasurer who thought it a good idea to contribute to the Chairmans fine and a convenor who you wouldn't let go your messages let alone have a say in how a business is run....and everyone wondering why things aren't going very well?🤣

I thought given concerns they were invited but chose not to attend 

Those running our club since I started supporting have always been “ enthusiastic amateurs” in my eyes, some better some less so.

Anyone donating to the just giving page should have learned where to click the anonymous button and done so

18 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think the more relevant point here would be the why you think that? Surely it all comes down to capability, benefit & aptitude for the role. Why does it matter who pays the person? 

Why do I think that? Well  after working in various company’s for over 40 years I’ve never seen it happen before.  Add in the fact that any employee will be and should be loyal to the person who pays their wages.  Is the person capable? Was there an interview process with other candidates? If there is a conflict who’s instructions Is the GM going to follow? Can St Mirren terminate their position at the club?  

4 hours ago, Guest said:

The Kibble deal was always weird. I could never understand why they wanted to pay £400,000 for an opportunity to do some work for St Mirren. Why buy a stake in the club rather than simply bid for contracts? 

If SMiSA collapses their shareholding cannot be sold, it can only be transferred to another charitable organisation and Kibble are well placed to be that option. They would have a massive majority shareholding and would virtually own the stadium and all the assets of the club. That situation may not happen so they must be sure that paying GLS all that money will be profitable for them.

2 minutes ago, alanb said:

I thought given concerns they were invited but chose not to attend 

Those running our club since I started supporting have always been “ enthusiastic amateurs” in my eyes, some better some less so.

Anyone donating to the just giving page should have learned where to click the anonymous button and done so

If you are a business owner would you rather have 'Enthusiastic amateurs' or tried and tested professionals?

And glad you agree that the treasurer is another on SMISA that has shown a complete lack of judgement and professionalism. 

Just now, Iamhammer said:

Why do I think that? Well  after working in various company’s for over 40 years I’ve never seen it happen before.  Add in the fact that any employee will be and should be loyal to the person who pays their wages.  Is the person capable? Was there an interview process with other candidates? If there is a conflict who’s instructions Is the GM going to follow? Can St Mirren terminate their position at the club?  

Kibble are part owners of St Mirren, they have a £400k investment in our future. It very much aligns our interests for the future. A strong St Mirren will always be better for kibble & that ties into any resource they provide surely? 

As for your questions, if you have genuine concern, why not just email and ask? You seem to have concluded without knowing these answers though. 

I would also say, it’s likely far more common than you think. Various organisations owning percentage shares in others & providing resource happens quite a lot. One of the biggest examples is Alphabet (google multi natural) acquisition of a 15% stake in Arris group. Google outsource many staff members to Arris as part of the aligned benefits in their success. That’s obviously a big time example,  but it isn’t uncommon in ownership models where other businesses own a considerable share. 

6 minutes ago, Mr Optimistic said:

If you are a business owner would you rather have 'Enthusiastic amateurs' or tried and tested professionals?

And glad you agree that the treasurer is another on SMISA that has shown a complete lack of judgement and professionalism. 

Enthusiastic amateurs in a football sense, all were business savvy 

Hence they employed a football manager etc, some better than others but well intended 

On the treasurer, let’s call it misguided loyalty or maybe he his party to the evidence others seek. Either way his donation was not required and charity benefits 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Complete and utter nonsense.  

Is it 

When you're continually calling for our Chairman's head for making what was nothing more than ill advised stupid joke/comment to his friend about 20,000 Rangers fans bouncing on a bridge.. Yes it was a mistake and he should have took it down the fact he didn't tells me it was meant as a joke and nothing more, he's apologised, he let his guard down and let himself down but not the football club,  we all mistakes and say things we don't really mean so put the stones down... 

I'm just grateful and we can thank our lucky stars that the game wasn't at our place that day when you look at the vandalism they caused that day in Glasgow, look at the graffiti they left on their last visit a few weeks ago and not a word was said about it from the club,  is that what you're looking for and expect from your new Chairman you seek Baz 

6 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Is it 

When you're continually calling for our Chairman's head for making what was nothing more than ill advised stupid joke/comment to his friend about 20,000 Rangers fans bouncing on a bridge.. Yes it was a mistake and he should have took it down the fact he didn't tells me it was meant as a joke and nothing more, he's apologised, he let his guard down and let himself down but not the football club,  we all mistakes and say things we don't really mean so put the stones down... 

I'm just grateful and we can thank our lucky stars that the game wasn't at our place that day when you look at the vandalism they caused that day in Glasgow, look at the graffiti they left on their last visit a few weeks ago and not a word was said about it from the club,  is that what you're looking for and expect from your new Chairman you seek Baz 

My view was & is that it was extremely unprofessional & not what I would expect from a football club chairman. Given he’s so recently in the door & the journey the club is on, I feel it was right he graciously step down. Given he hasn’t, I would ideally like to see him removed or at the very least a SMISA member vote on the matter (I would of course respect the democratic outcome). 

Regarding your points on Rangers fans behaviour, it’s just whataboutery really. Their poor behaviour isn’t relevant on this topic for me & I don’t fully understand how it links into your last question. 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

My view was & is that it was extremely unprofessional & not what I would expect from a football club chairman. Given he’s so recently in the door & the journey the club is on, I feel it was right he graciously step down. Given he hasn’t, I would ideally like to see him removed or at the very least a SMISA member vote on the matter (I would of course respect the democratic outcome). 

Regarding your points on Rangers fans behaviour, it’s just whataboutery really. Their poor behaviour isn’t relevant on this topic for me & I don’t fully understand how it links into your last question. 

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz……. 

8 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Fine by me as long as I do the counting this time   :whistle