Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Can people stop replying to bazs same crap posts, would save me some time getting through the thread 😂 better off ignored the guy could start an argument in an empty room.

Another ‘this is how to use the internet’ warrior 😂

(8 hours after my last post 🤦‍♂️)

Edited by bazil85

10 hours ago, MenstrieSaint said:

Can someone in the know please clarify how many St Mirren shares Kibble actually own ? Is it %27 of St Mirrens total shares or is it %27 of the shares that Smisa wished to buy to have ownership and control of the club? Is there a reason why %27 was the amount of ownership that Kibble agreed to buy ? 

They presumably wouldn’t have had enough power with less than 25% investment as per the response above. 

IIRC, the 27% included a percentage of shares that GLS was previously going to hold on to. By adding these in to the Kibble proposal it took them over the 25%. 

Edited by Maboza

57 minutes ago, Maboza said:

They presumably wouldn’t have had enough power with less than 25% investment as per the response above. 

IIRC, the 27% included a percentage of shares that GLS was previously going to hold on to. By adding these in to the Kibble proposal it took them over the 25%. 

So if there really is issues internally you would think they would be happy to go if they got their money back. Cue John McGinn to Manu to solve that problem. We have first dibs on buying their shares but presumably only if they want to sell. Hopefully whatever it is is resolved quickly and we can move forward without any further disruption. Bit of a shambles on all fronts at the moment.

12 minutes ago, truesaint said:

So if there really is issues internally you would think they would be happy to go if they got their money back. Cue John McGinn to Manu to solve that problem. We have first dibs on buying their shares but presumably only if they want to sell. Hopefully whatever it is is resolved quickly and we can move forward without any further disruption. Bit of a shambles on all fronts at the moment.

All of this is hypothetical until real facts are released on the perceived issues.

First the McGinn money if forthcoming is the clubs money not the shareholders funds. This could not be used to purchase the shares (technically it could, however the club would become the shareholder, which makes it unlikely to happen)

If Kibble have an issue with the board and the representatives then It should be addressed at board level. If and its a big IF Kibble have gone legal on their own board then this is fundamentally wrong on many fronts and potentially dangerous. Going legal on a board is bully boy tactics to drive your own agenda, particularly when you have the financial resources to take on the board. 

Again another IF. If this occurs the problem lies fully at the door with SMISA on a number of points

They should have checked who they were getting in to bed with (£35m/year business V £12/month/member organisation). David verses Goliath (only David has the largest shareholding and Goliath has the resources, funds and supply chain in their back pocket)

They should have checked who they were pushing through on to the board. Giving their members one candidate to vote for or against is not a democratic process. (What background checks were done on JN. Why was he told not to post on social media after his appointment)

Keeping quiet on the whole JN issue has done them no favours, especially when the Kibble threw him under the bus. Then People very close to the SMISA treasurer promoting crowdfunding to pay the JN fine, sends out the message to Kibble that JN comments are acceptable.

And…John remains in post with a game at Ibrox coming up. I don’t think we will get a good reception. Some might say. Nothing new there but there is. Our chairman will bear the responsibility for any problems faced by our fans.

Edited by Rascal

And…John remains in post with a game at Ibrox coming up. I don’t think we will get a good reception. Some might say. Nothing new there but there is. Our chairman will bear the responsibility for any problems faced by our fans.
"bear"!

I see what you did there. [emoji12]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

57 minutes ago, Rascal said:

We'll probably need to tell them about it first everyone I've spoke too know's nothing about it 

Anyway it's not like they need an excuse... 

3 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

We'll probably need to tell them about it first everyone I've spoke too know's nothing about it 

Anyway it's not like they need an excuse... 

On point 1, I love when people come out with this drivel, so just to join in this game "everyone" (2 people) I've spoken to are well aware of the Needham fiasco.

On point 2, tragically, you're right there, but they will use any pish they can find, and this is just right up their street. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 hours ago, waldorf34 said:
Someone  mentioned the SLO s have a regular  monthly meeting with the club ,last one was October  ,has there been one since?

You do know you can ask the SLO'S directly?

And good guys that they are, they respond quickly.