Should John Needham resign due to inappropriate comments?

5 hours ago, Badger2013 said:

Absolute bunch of troglodytes - that being said, some stickers and a slight bit of graffiti in the bogs isn’t that damaging plus the kids in Kibble can do some work experience with a bottle of degreaser and a scourer.

As for Needham, should be far more savvy and aware of the flak he’ll take, although the post he liked is probably spot on.

The tweet was a stupid wee post, if Dallas is working from a lodge then surely that infers the decisions were anti-celtic? If the post read that the VAR was working out of the Knights or a Hibernians Hall then it might have been funny.

1 minute ago, beyond our ken said:

The tweet was a stupid wee post, if Dallas is working from a lodge then surely that infers the decisions were anti-celtic? If the post read that the VAR was working out of the Knights or a Hibernians Hall then it might have been funny.

Mr Needham started attracting bad press for his personal life long before he became our Chairman, this all points to a shocking lack of good judgement

His wife decided she didn't "need him" and his antics and neither do we.
This sort of stuff is tweeted by supporters of every club and most chairmen can show a wee bit of restraint.
I agree, it is a nothing story.  It's still one we could do without.

Mr Needham started attracting bad press for his personal life long before he became our Chairman, this all points to a shocking lack of good judgement
As you've brought personal information into the topic. Are you related to the person that posted using the names somner9 and Lordpityme?

46 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

It all points to some sort of agenda from the rag in question. The tweet was inferring that Saints were getting preferential treatment. Sorry but I think that was laughable as well and would have pointed this out, perhaps with emojis, if I was ever to visit twatter.

12 hours ago, shull said:

O

I have read this forum for years (usually only when we win!) without ever setting up an account, however, I really feel compelled to pitch in on this one.

I had taken the decision long ago to stop attending matches against the old firm as I find the experience so unpleasant but added the games to my family ticket this season as a show of solidarity with the decision to keep three stands.

Sunday’s events reaffirmed for me why I can’t attend these matches. On my way into the family stand, I was treated with contempt and aggression after pre-emptively offering up my gym bag for searching – to the extent that I was ordered to remove a pair of socks that the security person suspected was a pyrotechnic device. In the family stand!

I then enter the stadium to find no fewer than seven police officers lounging around under the stand eating pies and drinking hot beverages, and then as I go to take my seat find myself confronted with a sea of giant tricolours and banners across from me – apparently easier to conceal upon entry than a pair of socks. (The obligatory pyrotechnic display followed later in the match.)

I had decided not to bring my sons to this game after the last Celtic match (“why do they hate the royal family so much, Dad?”) but even as an adult I would really rather not sit in my own stadium listening to incessant singing about terrorist organisations and Orange b*stards (I am a practicing Catholic, just for the record) so ended up doing something that I have never done in over 30 years supporting the club and left the match early.

To then discover that the Celtic supporters were able to vandalise our stadium while we pay for security to harass St Mirren supporting families and Police to stuff their faces just compounds what was a seriously displeasing episode.

I don’t know what the solution is to this – personally, I will take the games on my season ticket next season (they may be include as standard anyway) but will never again set foot in our, or any other stadium, when either of these vile, poisonous football clubs are playing.

I appreciate that there are financial implications, but the way I feel just now I would love to see the club just refuse to allow them into our stadium going forward.  

4 minutes ago, Family Stand said:

I have read this forum for years (usually only when we win!) without ever setting up an account, however, I really feel compelled to pitch in on this one.

I had taken the decision long ago to stop attending matches against the old firm as I find the experience so unpleasant but added the games to my family ticket this season as a show of solidarity with the decision to keep three stands.

Sunday’s events reaffirmed for me why I can’t attend these matches. On my way into the family stand, I was treated with contempt and aggression after pre-emptively offering up my gym bag for searching – to the extent that I was ordered to remove a pair of socks that the security person suspected was a pyrotechnic device. In the family stand!

I then enter the stadium to find no fewer than seven police officers lounging around under the stand eating pies and drinking hot beverages, and then as I go to take my seat find myself confronted with a sea of giant tricolours and banners across from me – apparently easier to conceal upon entry than a pair of socks. (The obligatory pyrotechnic display followed later in the match.)

I had decided not to bring my sons to this game after the last Celtic match (“why do they hate the royal family so much, Dad?”) but even as an adult I would really rather not sit in my own stadium listening to incessant singing about terrorist organisations and Orange b*stards (I am a practicing Catholic, just for the record) so ended up doing something that I have never done in over 30 years supporting the club and left the match early.

To then discover that the Celtic supporters were able to vandalise our stadium while we pay for security to harass St Mirren supporting families and Police to stuff their faces just compounds what was a seriously displeasing episode.

I don’t know what the solution is to this – personally, I will take the games on my season ticket next season (they may be include as standard anyway) but will never again set foot in our, or any other stadium, when either of these vile, poisonous football clubs are playing.

I appreciate that there are financial implications, but the way I feel just now I would love to see the club just refuse to allow them into our stadium going forward.  

A police inspector  I know ,when asked to explain why they cannot make these bums sit down during a game ,said there were too many of them to take on.

Perhaps they should be banned completely  on health and safety  grounds.

The lack of any of them at the stadium may further increase our home support  ,as many fans and families  never come to OF games.

It should mean a huge reduction  in police costs and stewarts  and give us an advantage in crowd  support. 

There is a more interesting story here, why is Nick Cussack and family stand taking pairs of socks to the game? Is it to denigrate our team when they are not playing well? (You stink) or is it to motivate them? (Sock it to them) think I will get onto the DR this will be right up there street.  

3 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

A police inspector  I know ,when asked to explain why they cannot make these bums sit down during a game ,said there were too many of them to take on.

Perhaps they should be banned completely  on health and safety  grounds.

The lack of any of them at the stadium may further increase our home support  ,as many fans and families  never come to OF games.

It should mean a huge reduction  in police costs and stewarts  and give us an advantage in crowd  support. 

Then sell them the game online 👍🏻

As St Mirren's chairman John Needham really needs to understand that anything remotely controversial that he posts on his social media accounts, no matter how flippant his intentions might be, will explode in his face. That is a huge negative against our club. Journalists are not our friends !! They are only interested in sensationalism and they will take every opportunity to print any shite that will heighten their profile and sell newspapers for their employers. And any scatterbrained social media posts critical of either of the OF will attract negative attention. Quite honestly I think this is a spectacular own goal by our chairman. Make that another spectacular own goal by him !! Surely he should have learned from the first one ??

Yes, this is a potential resignation issue IMO.

4 hours ago, Family Stand said:

This is the correct - and only - solution.

As for Needham, I am not the least bit surprised by this latest revelation.

I am surprised he's still our chairman. 

1 hour ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

There is a more interesting story here, why is Nick Cussack and family stand taking pairs of socks to the game? Is it to denigrate our team when they are not playing well? (You stink) or is it to motivate them? (Sock it to them) think I will get onto the DR this will be right up there street.  

were they sports socks?  How much for the 2 pairs?

Some chuggy and a macaroon bar would have hit the spot as well

30 minutes ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Perhaps the gripe should not be about his personal twatter account but his inability to control the club finances since he took charge of our club. 

Has he not overseen the biggest annual financial loss since the 90s?

Surely that is more concerning that liking some random tweet on the internet?

One is a consequence of a business/ sport decision that could work in our favour. All business decisions are a gamble.

The other is an idiotic, immature misjudgement that makes our chairman (and as a direct consequence, our club) appear petty and foolish. Having previously been reprimanded for a similar incident it is scarcely believable that he didn't learn his lesson. Our chairman has become a liability. 

1 hour ago, Albanian Buddy said:

Perhaps the gripe should not be about his personal twatter account but his inability to control the club finances since he took charge of our club. 

Has he not overseen the biggest annual financial loss since the 90s?

Surely that is more concerning that liking some random tweet on the internet?

:lol:   He's getting the blame for Covid now as well...

26 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:
30 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:
emoji38.png   He's getting the blame for Covid now as well...

Yip, imagine spending money that was for covid related expenses on covid related expenses.

I don’t think massively increasing the playing budget this season and last has anything to do with covid.

Needham is quite happy publicly to apportion blame to people no longer at the club (Fitzpatrick) but unwilling to accept responsibility for his own failings. 

He is a proven liar.

Edited by Albanian Buddy

If an uptick on an obscure fitba forum, that reflects how every genuine St Mirren feels is “offensive”, then I can see no possible sense that it was offensive.

if your worldview is that SCUM tabloids rabble rousing shite is meaningful, then to utilise the vernacular -  you’re a tube.

Nor can I see ANY connection between that uptick and any imagined financial or “Chairman” failings.