Family Stand

Saints go on about fans turning up for games but when they are continuing to allocate both ends to the old firm it sends the wrong message. We need to promote saint Mirren everyday and for me I’d rather see a half empty family stand with families enjoying the game in a safe fun environment rather than take a few quid and sell out to them. Let’s not forget the advantage they get having both ends of the park either. Let’s work together and grow the support let’s see if we can get people to attend these games because it is so wrong that saints fans don’t come when they are in town. It should never happen again it’s our club and selling out for another 1000 tickets isn’t worth all the hassle. Let’s have a promotion of family tickets for games let’s see if we can get two adults and two kids in for a set price . I’m fed up having our park taken off us and it needs to stop. Get the panda out and get the panda club in the stands too. Or is it simply all about money and all the rhetoric about family club is thrown out the window 

6 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Saints go on about fans turning up for games but when they are continuing to allocate both ends to the old firm it sends the wrong message. We need to promote saint Mirren everyday and for me I’d rather see a half empty family stand with families enjoying the game in a safe fun environment rather than take a few quid and sell out to them. Let’s not forget the advantage they get having both ends of the park either. Let’s work together and grow the support let’s see if we can get people to attend these games because it is so wrong that saints fans don’t come when they are in town. It should never happen again it’s our club and selling out for another 1000 tickets isn’t worth all the hassle. Let’s have a promotion of family tickets for games let’s see if we can get two adults and two kids in for a set price . I’m fed up having our park taken off us and it needs to stop. Get the panda out and get the panda club in the stands too. Or is it simply all about money and all the rhetoric about family club is thrown out the window 

It's not a 'few quid' though! It's approximately £90,000 over three games.

Not sure how you'd fill the Family Stand. If you gave away tickets to schools, you'd end up encouraging kids to support the Old Firm.

Yes I'm with you. I dont want to pay over £300 a year to go somwhere to hear UDA etc. songs. I dont want to park my car away from the ground because it has a St. Mirren sticker on it. There was a distinct lack of children and families at yesterday's game - guess why. I dont want to mix with a lot of bigots. I want to be able to walk out of the ground without fear of attack. I will not attend any further Rangers or Celtic games. Maybe the club should sell a cut price season ticket for those of us that don't want to go to OF home games. Maybe I should just not buy a season ticket any more (after 45 years) and pay at the gate for the other games. Maybe I can find something else to do on a wet cold Saturday afternoon. Maybe I just will.

Rangers players were happy to hold up red anti racist cards at the start of the game and equally happy to celelbrate with the blue bigot boys in our family stand. Can you think of any other business that throws its  regular customers out to service its rivals, including a fair number of bigoted vandals, several times a year. Would you go into a shop where the background music is the latest on the UDA  / IRA top 10 ? Would you buy something from a staff member who shouts abuse at you ? Would you take your children into the shop ?

I thought SMISA equals a fan owned club ! Not so it seems. It is up to the SMISA members to tell the SMISA directors to stop this madness once and for all. If not what is the point of SMISA. Might as well sell all the shares to a Rangers supporter and give us back our share money. I would be happy to pay a bit more for my season ticket to help make up for the loss of income from the bigot choir. If its all about the money that equation works both ways.  St. Mirren will soon have to do without any of mine - and that includes SMISA, the 1877 club, sponsorship and occasional corporate hospitality.

I hear there is talk of a boycot of the Ross County game if Celtic are given two stands on the 18th of December - sign me up for that.

Should the Chairman resign over his recent tweets - well do you want the Rangers supporting vice chairman to take over ? 

Edited by animal

1 hour ago, munoz said:

I think the home support was down about 1000 yesterday on the average. 

56 minutes ago, animal said:

Yes I'm with you. I dont want to pay over £300 a year to go somwhere to hear UDA etc. songs. I dont want to park my car away from the ground because it has a St. Mirren sticker on it. There was a distinct lack of children and families at yesterday's game - guess why. I dont want to mix with a lot of bigots. I want to be able to walk out of the ground without fear of attack.

Reasons why some of us won't attend these games even if they had only one stand. I can't abide them.  

Id pay more on my season ticket to stop them giving two standS to Rangers and Celtic. I’d rather see the families who normally occupy that stand in there safe and enjoying their team that is supposed to be playing for Paisley and for the supporters. Get Paisley panda back out doing his thing get the kids back into the stand and stop handing them an advantage too. I’ll happily pay a extra to stop this 

There must be other ways of making the money if we can’t fill it ourselves, seen a lot of people on Twitter with the idea of making money from the ground and facilities on non match days, we have a massive function suite, and another bar area, which is practically a closed shop. We should be promoting the arse out of these spaces get money in, as others also pointed out, the fakes and Falkirk seem to make it work. I’d honestly rather pay extra on my season ticket if it meant giving them less seats. It feels like an away game, they destroy the seats, spray paint everywhere, and the club wonder why our fans decide not to go.

1 hour ago, pod said:

Reasons why some of us won't attend these games even if they had only one stand. I can't abide them.  

I no longer go to either Ibrox or Parkhead but I’ll be dammed if I will stop going to our ground for any team or support. There were moments yesterday when the “old songs “ came out and damage to the stadium is inexcusable. There were some signs of improvement though as McGrath was clapped when being carried past the North Stand by a number of away fans. I’d love to see the Family Stand reserved for Saint Mirren fans or, in the absence of that, shared with families from away teams , whether OF or not. I’d also like to see that Missing 1000 turn up at the ground and help out shout our visitors.

Let’s just call this out now it can’t go on. I’ll pay extra on my ticket and let’s push up the ticket price too for them. Introduce a lottery or a 50-50 draw do anything but throw out e families who are seated there . It’s a disgrace and it’s an advantage that cannot be allowed to continue. Let’s get the panda back out there and let’s see if we can get those 1000 fans back into a safe environment to support our team. I’m sick that they won’t come when the big two are in town. Imagine the difference they’ll make - I k pe I might be in the minority at present but I’ll happily pay an extra 27 quid on my ticket price to stop this - or how about we as Smisa say take the cash from the pot we provide ? Stop donating to things for a few months and fill the shortfall from the 2 pot? If it doesn’t happen that the club give our stand back then I’m done with Smisa and the 12 quid a month 

Let’s just call this out now it can’t go on. I’ll pay extra on my ticket and let’s push up the ticket price too for them. Introduce a lottery or a 50-50 draw do anything but throw out e families who are seated there . It’s a disgrace and it’s an advantage that cannot be allowed to continue. Let’s get the panda back out there and let’s see if we can get those 1000 fans back into a safe environment to support our team. I’m sick that they won’t come when the big two are in town. Imagine the difference they’ll make - I k pe I might be in the minority at present but I’ll happily pay an extra 27 quid on my ticket price to stop this - or how about we as Smisa say take the cash from the pot we provide ? Stop donating to things for a few months and fill the shortfall from the 2 pot? If it doesn’t happen that the club give our stand back then I’m done with Smisa and the 12 quid a month 
This has been going on since Jack Ross had us on the crest of a wave and the feel good factor throughout the club was as good as I have felt it since Fergies days.

I was shot down in flames repeatedly for saying that we should be prioritising our own support and encouraging them along by any means possible or we would suffer long term loss as a result.

But no... Even Fitzy came out and said we need their cash and can't fill our own stadium.

Now we have Goodie taking up the party line whilst all around us goes to pot.

The atmosphere is increasingly toxic by the game and who knows, had we actually put our own support first when we had the opportunity to build on momentum, it could have been a whole different story by now.

We are reaping exactly what we have sewn by swallowing the party line that the tainted cash of two clubs is more important than our own supporters. [emoji26][emoji174]

One of the crazy things that seems to go unmentioned is that we’ve done ourselves out of income by reducing family stand season tickets price.
If fans were paying for their season tickets and not turning up for old firm games then that’s up to them.

Now we’ve created a situation where if we’re ever to reverse it, it will take a price hike in family season tickets to get back to the same level. 

So after the increased policing and other costs, the reduction in season ticket cost, and whatever else - how much are we actually making? That’s before we even get into our decreased chances of getting a result in the match by flooding the place with opposition fans. 

If the club don’t do something to address this it only goes one way. It’s not pleasant to be a home fan at these games and the numbers attending the remaining 2 home stands will only go down. Then we’re left with 1 stand???

Personally I think they should be given W6/W7 as a middle ground and the club should consult in an adult manner with the excellent fans who sit in that area.

9 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I agree.

Why do we have to replace all of the money that would be lost through season tickets alone ? Can we not have a small increase in the price in season tickets and find the rest through other avenues? The policy currently pursued by our board will slowly erode our home support , not just at OF games, but overall.

Why do we have to replace all of the money that would be lost through season tickets alone ? Can we not have a small increase in the price in season tickets and find the rest through other avenues? The policy currently pursued by our board will slowly erode our home support , not just at OF games, but overall.
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

The answer  is to generate more money ,the hospitality  suite and club 1877 lie empty 95%of the season, the commercial team need to step up efforts to get outside monies rather than increasing season ticket prices.

Edited by waldorf34
Spelling

4 minutes ago, Slash said:

I raised an idea at the last club AGM on the hosting of a bi monthly car boot sale in the car park behind the West Stand. Sadly seem to fall on deaf ears. 

Probably wouldnie cover the cost of removing the graffiti after the neds bought the aerosol paint at the sale. :whistle

2 hours ago, Slash said:

I raised an idea at the last club AGM on the hosting of a bi monthly car boot sale in the car park behind the West Stand. Sadly seem to fall on deaf ears. 

Thing is there’s loads of things that can be done but our commercial and marketing dept are pretty much stale and out of ideas, and you can’t get a say or a voice at the club unless you’ve “been vetted and have the approval of the smisa board”….

Edited by mattman

4 minutes ago, HSS said:

Fan ownership?

It feels like the Club has been taken away from the Fans instead of bringing us together

Seriously need to think if I can continue to support SMiSA

We need more people to join and remove existing directors and their unelected "helpers"

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Thing is there’s loads of things that can be done but our commercial and marketing dept are pretty much stale and out of ideas, and you can’t get a say or a voice at the club unless you’ve “been vetted and have the approval of the smisa board”….

We have a commercial and marketing Dept?

This situation always creates a moral dilemma.

Personally, I'm in the "fukc them, let's take as much cash as we can from them" camp.

I do feel sorry for those with STs in the Family Stand, all of whom are hugely inconvenienced by the invasion of the unwelcome, but IMO sometimes significant additional income for the club outweighs the smugness of owning the moral high ground. 

That additional income creates opportunities for St Mirren that the moral high ground does not.

Just my opinion of course. 

🙂

1 hour ago, mattman said:

Wonder why the current Chairman doesn't appear to have been vetted. One thing thing they would have discovered would have how stubborn and no clue to responsibility. Cant believe he is still in his position.