Family Stand

This situation always creates a moral dilemma.
Personally, I'm in the "fukc them, let's take as much cash as we can from them" camp.
I do feel sorry for those with STs in the Family Stand, all of whom are hugely inconvenienced by the invasion of the unwelcome, but IMO sometimes significant additional income for the club outweighs the smugness of owning the moral high ground. 
That additional income creates opportunities for St Mirren that the moral high ground does not.
Just my opinion of course. 
[emoji846]
I totally understand... But the long term damage of putting part of our own support second cannot and should not be dismissed... It will also have a financial impact.

Wonder why the current Chairman doesn't appear to have been vetted. One thing thing they would have discovered would have how stubborn and no clue to responsibility. Cant believe he is still in his position.
Now now... We all know the current vetting system and presenting a preferred candidate is a flawless system! [emoji850]

5 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

The answer  is to generate more money ,the hospitality  suite and club 1877 lie empty 95%of the season, the commercial team need to step up efforts to get outside monies rather than increasing season ticket prices.

That's the problem we don't have a commercial team as far as I'm aware it's Campbell Kennedy and he's not  trained in commercial aspects for how to make money.

Taking the Old Firm cash is the lazy approach by the club. By continually referring to the cash they bring, as a business requirement, shows a complete disregard to the SMFC fans, the duty of the board and the duties of the people employed at the club. 

Rather than look at the Old Firm cash why don’t we look at how many extra fans we need every home game to offset this perceived cash cow.

Without going in to the numbers in detail it equates to circa 400 extra paying fans every game to offset the  extra numbers from the old firm over 3 home games.

Thats the target for SMFC marketing team to keep the ground ours and avoid losing and displacing fans. 400 extra is well within our means. These 400 missing fans have previously been at the ground and been selective of games they attended. In summary the market is there it just needs tapped in to.

Using the old firm cash comes at a cost of extra security, damage to the stadium, losing home advantage etc.

If SMFC’s employed team is not going to market the club then it falls to SMISA and the W7 fans to sell it and keep the ground ours for all games. If these groups can demonstrate that increase in fans then it forces the club to either stop the selling off of the stand or admit they love the old firms money at the detriment of their own fans.

• 4 months later...

Once again Saints fans are being kicked out the family stand in a very important game.

https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4360-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-can-buy-tickets-for-rangers-match-now

The “Buy the Buds” literature appealed to the support to have the ability to stop this nonsense by buying the club.

Disgraceful. The membership should at least have the ability to vote on this issue. 

On 10/27/2021 at 1:10 PM, Brilliant Disguise said:

Taking the Old Firm cash is the lazy approach by the club. By continually referring to the cash they bring, as a business requirement, shows a complete disregard to the SMFC fans, the duty of the board and the duties of the people employed at the club. 

Rather than look at the Old Firm cash why don’t we look at how many extra fans we need every home game to offset this perceived cash cow.

Without going in to the numbers in detail it equates to circa 400 extra paying fans every game to offset the  extra numbers from the old firm over 3 home games.

Thats the target for SMFC marketing team to keep the ground ours and avoid losing and displacing fans. 400 extra is well within our means. These 400 missing fans have previously been at the ground and been selective of games they attended. In summary the market is there it just needs tapped in to.

Using the old firm cash comes at a cost of extra security, damage to the stadium, losing home advantage etc.

If SMFC’s employed team is not going to market the club then it falls to SMISA and the W7 fans to sell it and keep the ground ours for all games. If these groups can demonstrate that increase in fans then it forces the club to either stop the selling off of the stand or admit they love the old firms money at the detriment of their own fans.

Well said mate ,club has never had marketing  plan to bring in fans

26 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Once again Saints fans are being kicked out the family stand in a very important game.

https://www.stmirren.com/fans-news/4360-family-stand-season-ticket-holders-can-buy-tickets-for-rangers-match-now

The “Buy the Buds” literature appealed to the support to have the ability to stop this nonsense by buying the club.

Disgraceful. The membership should at least have the ability to vote on this issue. 

Not saying I agree with the decision to give them 2 stands, but why is this news? Hasn't the club already said  this would be happening for all of this season?

9 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I think we maybe just put this to a SMISA member vote to once and for all end the issue. Outline the financial differences this has made to the club season on season and let fans decide - money or empty seats. 

Job done. 

If we are to take a vote , the financial issues need to be laid out in Full .
ALL costs need to be factored in, extra stewards, police costs - potential repairs etc, not just this “ it’s an extra player or two “ pish . 

21 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

ALL costs need to be factored in, extra stewards, police costs - potential repairs etc, not just this “ it’s an extra player or two “ pish . 

This subject has been done to death IMO regarding Stewarding and Police costs. There were pages and pages on it. 

For me, the reality is, the club are not going to do it if it doesn't generate a pretty penny. It defies logic to think they would for a value that isn't substantial to the budget. Calculations were also done on what it could be worth regarding players and it was again pretty decent. No reason to think two consecutive St Mirren ownerships and several directors are lying about this. 

23 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It won’t go to a vote

It was spoken about at the recent meeting and we were told “it will be looked at”

I don’t expect any change from the two stand situation

5 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not saying I agree with the decision to give them 2 stands, but why is this news? Hasn't the club already said  this would be happening for all of this season?

Totally agree with this, no point in stand with 200 folk in it. Makes sense to make as much money as you can. If the Paisley people cannot make effort to support the club then utilise what you can.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I think we maybe just put this to a SMISA member vote to once and for all end the issue. Outline the financial differences this has made to the club season on season and let fans decide - money or empty seats. 

Job done. 

Why SMISA? why not a full vote for all season ticket holders. SMISA couldn't run a raffle

Job done. 
Money or empty seats.

Not slanted at all.

What about a marketing strategy.

An attempt to fill empty seats.

An incentive.

A marketing approach.

Nah. None of that suits your bend over and take it rather try and better our club approach, as evident by your only options stated!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, Wardog said:

Why SMISA? why not a full vote for all season ticket holders. SMISA couldn't run a raffle

SMISA are the owners of the club, SMISA have a membership & the capably to manage the vote pretty easily. I would also be pretty surprised if the vote results would be different either way. 

As for not being able to run a raffle. SMISA started the process of buying the club following a season where we were one result away from league 1 playoff football. Within 5-6 seasons, we are three games from top 6 & 1 point off a European spot. All done while keeping us in the black until a pandemic hit. 

Seem to have done alright IMO. 

9 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Money or empty seats.

Not slanted at all.

What about a marketing strategy.

An attempt to fill empty seats.

An incentive.

A marketing approach.

Nah. None of that suits your bend over and take it rather try and better our club approach, as evident by your only options stated!

The post represents my views on it. Until we fill these seats with St Mirren fans I support it.

Fans have had years to fill these seats & we remain miles off. If it was so easy to get an extra couple of thousand paying fans in the door every game, every club would do it. Stand arrangements are irrelevant to that. 

Also, I wouldn’t be the one positioning it to voters. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

SMISA are the owners of the club, SMISA have a membership & the capably to manage the vote pretty easily. I would also be pretty surprised if the vote results would be different either way. 

As for not being able to run a raffle. SMISA started the process of buying the club following a season where we were one result away from league 1 playoff football. Within 5-6 seasons, we are three games from top 6 & 1 point off a European spot. All done while keeping us in the black until a pandemic hit. 

Seem to have done alright IMO. 

So, you're putting the "success", although we've not actually achieved anything at the moment, down to SMISA? :lol:

Just now, faraway saint said:

So, you're putting the "success", although we've not actually achieved anything at the moment, down to SMISA? :lol:

Progress a better word for it i’d say although you’re wrong, we ‘achieved’ a Championship title 😀 

Not saying it’s all down to SMISA, it was in response to someone criticising them. Must be doing something right when you look how far we’ve come. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

Progress a better word for it i’d say although you’re wrong, we ‘achieved’ a Championship title 😀 

Not saying it’s all down to SMISA, it was in response to someone criticising them. Must be doing something right when you look how far we’ve come. 

You quoted our current position, which, means next to nothing at this point as it could all go south.

End of the season is time to start shouting about "progress".

You also indicated very clearly SMISA was a major part of our current position, I would suggest they are a minor player.

Just now, faraway saint said:

You quoted our current position, which, means next to nothing at this point as it could all go south.

End of the season is time to start shouting about "progress".

You also indicated very clearly SMISA was a major part of our current position, I would suggest they are a minor player.

You can moan about this all you want (as you love to do) 

But my post is consistent and right regarding where we were when SMISA started the takeover and where we are now. It certainly could all go wrong this season, we will still end the season more ‘progressed’ than we were when they started the takeover. 

Talk about splitting hairs just to argue. 

That’s fine, I disagree. I think they were a big part. 

The post represents my views on it. Until we fill these seats with St Mirren fans I support it.

Fans have had years to fill these seats & we remain miles off. If it was so easy to get an extra couple of thousand paying fans in the door every game, every club would do it. Stand arrangements are irrelevant to that. 

Also, I wouldn’t be the one positioning it to voters. 
Fair enough.

You accept limitations and underachievement.

I believe we have incredible potential and should strive to achieve it.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

Fair enough.

You accept limitations and underachievement.

I believe we have incredible potential and should strive to achieve it.

We have literally progressed on the park every single season since they came in & have the chance to do once again this season. 

By what possible parameter is that underachieving for a club that probably has one of the lowest budgets in the Premier league?