Family Stand

16 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

But it IS a FACT that our attendances are up despite not giving the @rsecheeks nearly half our ground. No ifs, no buts.

You, on the other hand, are trying to justify your original claim that we would be worse off by suggesting we aren't any better off because we would have been better off by more if we had given half our ground, even though you have no substance for that claim. That is absolute nonsense.

Despite not because of. 

We would have almost certainly sold more seats for the games against those clubs & as such made more money. If other fans did or did not attend can’t be known.

I’ll say it again, if some St Mirren fans didn’t come because they’d rather have empty seats, hell mend them. 

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Can you give me an example when you did the same? 

96994EA2-30D5-4D1D-AD59-8E61E5F3E1E8.jpeg

13 months ago, after many hundreds of posts, well done you  :lol:

As for me, since i don't get into long debate or argument with anybody on here, and since i tend to only give opinions, not facts like you, the answer to your question is i don't know.

Feel free to search my posts to find when i have been wrong and not admitted it. 

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Rubbish, I will happily put my hands up when wrong. I am just not seeing how my view is wrong and so far, no one has explained to me why it's wrong. If we gave Celtic and rangers two stands, does that suddenly stop all the extra fans turning up because we are performing well? That seems pretty baseless to me. 

I disagree about it being baseless.

There's been plenty Buddies on this forum (& other social media platforms) stating, they wouldn't attend home matches against rangers & celtic if they were given 2 stands.

There is no doubt, attendances are up because of improved performances & league position (that happens for every club).

Celtic only having one stand for their support to congregate in made the experience for every Buddie & non celtic supporting customer in the home stands a much more enjoyable experience and it provided the team, the perfect platform to play their game, their way & win the game.

3 stands celebrating at the final whistle & rejoicing a beautiful sunday was joyous & infectious.

It'll happen again & there'll be more Buddies there to see it & enjoy another 3 points.

Edited by Kombibuddie

OK… a big IF…

IF I'd been near Paisley for that game I’d have done my usual - not wasted money to savour  bigot fans, especially when they’d been allowed to take over (at the expense of our next generation of fans) both ends of supposedly “our” ground.

f**k that.

As there’d been an attempt by my club to deal with that - I would have been tempted.

ok.  I’d have been there.  For years I have never gone near either sets of fans, if I had a choice.  This seemed to me to potentially be a healthy turning point.

I have been previously quite supportive of Basil’s contrary pov, but as he so offhandedly dismisses all Buddie fans who feel similarly to me - putting hatred of bigotry ahead of paying money to acquiesce in its promulgation, (look up the big words, baz), to call folk like me shit -  then he can can f**k off.

He is a fan of bigotry - and thinks we should happily subsidise it.  I do not like his… “principles”…

18 hours ago, FTOF said:

Always said if we get results on the pitch, we'll get more fans to attend.

It's not rocket science.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

We got results in the pitch in 12/13 when we won our last domestic honour beating the three largest top flight clubs at the time in Aberdeen, Celtic and ultimately Hearts. 

Yet league crowds were much lower then even though we had a far better side then than we do now as we had former (Teale & Thompson) and future (McGinn and McLean) Scotland internationals and future Welsh international (Dummett) all playing alongside the legend that is Isma!

I firmly believe that the increase in attendances in recent seasons has been as a direct result of a number of fan led initiatives:

1. Paisley Panda family stand improvements - pre-match and HT entertainment - supported by SMiSA membership.

2. SLO activities before, during and after matches - constantly striving to improve the fan experience - supported by SMiSA membership

3. Free community tickets supported by SMiSA membership

4. W7 group - led by Josh Magennis and his crew - supported by SMiSA.

The last initiative has been without doubt in my mind been responsible for the greatest improvement in attendances as the young supporters around Renfrewshire want to be part of this group. It’s reminiscent of the young support that I first joined when Fergie took hold of the club in 1974 and gave the whole community a shake.

11 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

I sit next to police inspector, there was a large reduction in police costs ,more than enough to offset 240 punters at the gate!

Next time the Celtic and Rangers fans chant their sectarian and bigotry nonsense get his arse kicked and instruct him to carry out the job he is paid to do.

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Rubbish, I will happily put my hands up when wrong.

Have you ever been wrong though as I can’t remember you apologising once on here, but then it would be difficult to type an apology on a keyboard with your hands in the air.

Maybe you should try it more often and give us all peace. 

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

We got results in the pitch in 12/13 when we won our last domestic honour beating the three largest top flight clubs at the time in Aberdeen, Celtic and ultimately Hearts. 

Yet league crowds were much lower then

Very misleading as our league form, 38 games, was dismal, finishing 2nd bottom and only winning 9 league games all season.

I'm certainly not dismissing the incentives the club have been involved in but without regular success on the field they, IMO, would amount to very little.

A better time to reflect will be at the end of the season rather than a "quarter" way through, 

Yet league crowds were much lower then even though we had a far better side then than we do now as we had former (Teale & Thompson) and future (McGinn and McLean) Scotland internationals and future Welsh international (Dummett) all playing alongside the legend that is Isma!
I firmly believe that the increase in attendances in recent seasons has been as a direct result of a number of fan led initiatives:
1. Paisley Panda family stand improvements - pre-match and HT entertainment - supported by SMiSA membership.
2. SLO activities before, during and after matches - constantly striving to improve the fan experience - supported by SMiSA membership
3. Free community tickets supported by SMiSA membership
4. W7 group - led by Josh Magennis and his crew - supported by SMiSA.
The last initiative has been without doubt in my mind been responsible for the greatest improvement in attendances as the young supporters around Renfrewshire want to be part of this group. It’s reminiscent of the young support that I first joined when Fergie took hold of the club in 1974 and gave the whole community a shake.
A few of my mates, who haven't attended in years, went on Saturday.

Simply because they had heard we were playing well.

After Saturday, they probably won't be back.[emoji849]

Like it or not, teams that are playing well and/or are successful attract more fans.

4 hours ago, FTOF said:

A few of my mates, who haven't attended in years, went on Saturday.

Simply because they had heard we were playing well.

After Saturday, they probably won't be back.emoji849.png

Like it or not, teams that are playing well and/or are successful attract more fans.

That says more about your mates than it does about the Club 

8 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Have you ever been wrong though as I can’t remember you apologising once on here, but then it would be difficult to type an apology on a keyboard with your hands in the air.

Maybe you should try it more often and give us all peace. 

Read back. 

What about you though, when did you last say you were wrong & apologised on here? 

11 hours ago, Tommy said:

13 months ago, after many hundreds of posts, well done you  :lol:

As for me, since i don't get into long debate or argument with anybody on here, and since i tend to only give opinions, not facts like you, the answer to your question is i don't know.

Feel free to search my posts to find when i have been wrong and not admitted it. 

You could have just said, ‘I don’t think I’ve ever admitted I was wrong on here’ 

Same as most. 

11 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

I disagree about it being baseless.

There's been plenty Buddies on this forum (& other social media platforms) stating, they wouldn't attend home matches against rangers & celtic if they were given 2 stands.

More fool them, holding their club to ransom over bitterness. 

There is no doubt, attendances are up because of improved performances & league position (that happens for every club).

Celtic only having one stand for their support to congregate in made the experience for every Buddie & non celtic supporting customer in the home stands a much more enjoyable experience and it provided the team, the perfect platform to play their game, their way & win the game.

3 stands celebrating at the final whistle & rejoicing a beautiful sunday was joyous & infectious.

It'll happen again & there'll be more Buddies there to see it & enjoy another 3 points.

I don’t disagree it was a nice experience but I would definitely have enjoyed it every bit as much if we beat them while they had two stands. Surely most wouldn’t be see backwards as to not enjoy such a result?   

So where do you stand on season ticket holders who choose not to attend ?  Are they holding the club to ransom ? The club already has my money .
I was starting to think twice about going if the club continued with its ridiculous decision to have hordes of bigots behind each goal.

Handing an advantage to a visiting team by putting almost 2500 opposition fans behind our keeper and our defence for 90 minutes is bad enough but when you have to exit the ground and pass among their nasty bigoted hatred to get to your car - and no way of avoiding it that took all the enjoyment out of the day for me . 
As it happens , I couldn’t attend the latest match anyway but I would definitely have gone under the current set up - not entirely sure if I’d have gone under the previous set up. 

8E9ED3C1-DC8A-41B4-8F15-BAF19853E0EC.jpeg

Bas,

Yesterday you were saying

Any away fans in home ends for clubs with Celtic’s rep would cause me concern. 

your comment doesn't suggest their "rep" is a nice one.

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

More fool them, holding their club to ransom over bitterness. 

Yet you lambast St Mirren supporters for not wanting to attend matches where the same Celtic fans and all the bitterness and shite they bring with them, are at both ends of the ground. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

I don’t disagree it was a nice experience but I would definitely have enjoyed it every bit as much if we beat them while they had two stands. Surely most wouldn’t be see backwards as to not enjoy such a result?   

It was more enjoyable having 3 stands of home supporters celebrating together. That atmosphere is unlikely to be achieved by having an interuption of away fans in the ends behind both goals. Long may it continue. 

image.gif

image.gif

image.gif

Edited by Kombibuddie

I understand the argument that by limiting them to one stand you are going to have away fans in the home end.

In my opinion if it’s groups of 2, 3,4 etc and they behave and are not inflammatory to those around them , they can be just about tolerated , if they misbehave at all they should be ejected .  

I would suggest non of them would be stupid enough to start their party songs from the West stand ! 

18 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Rubbish, I will happily put my hands up when wrong. I am just not seeing how my view is wrong and so far, no one has explained to me why it's wrong. If we gave Celtic and rangers two stands, does that suddenly stop all the extra fans turning up because we are performing well? That seems pretty baseless to me. 

For me, it was more just bitter fans who would rather see empty seats than take their money. Madness in my view. 

Sorry Baz,I have agreed with some of your points in the past but you are well wrong in this instance

Quit while you’re behind 

15 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Despite not because of. 

We would have almost certainly sold more seats for the games against those clubs & as such made more money. If other fans did or did not attend can’t be known.

I’ll say it again, if some St Mirren fans didn’t come because they’d rather have empty seats, hell mend them. 

I used the word despite because of your false claims that you know we would have sold those extra tickets. Even when some of those tickets wouldn't have been available because the tickets would have been sold to the @rsecheeks if you had your way, so those families who bought tickets for that stand would not have had that opportunity.

Or are you now saying we could have sold them twice? 

Had a look at the crowd when we played the bigots last season at home. 

Average around 6400 meaning the support was roughly split down the middle with both teams having 3200 fans. 

By Baz thinking, we should give the West and East stand to them with us filling up the North and South stands. 

That way by giving them around 4800 seats, and us having 3200, the ground would have been sold out and the club would have made more ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  

Surely no sane person would be against that  :rolleyes:

19 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Had a look at the crowd when we played the bigots last season at home. 

Average around 6400 meaning the support was roughly split down the middle with both teams having 3200 fans. 

By Baz thinking, we should give the West and East stand to them with us filling up the North and South stands. 

That way by giving them around 4800 seats, and us having 3200, the ground would have been sold out and the club would have made more ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  

Surely no sane person would be against that  :rolleyes:

Liz Truss has better ideas 🤣