Family Stand

Worth bumping up...

Official stance from the club... Very encouraging and gives hope going forward...

Update from our SLO John White on Facebook...

Saints Attendances Show 12% Increase on last season – So Far !

Based on home league games so far this season, when comparing the attendances against the same teams previously shows an increase overall of 12%

Much to the disappointment of some outwith our club, our game against Celtic only showed a mere decrease of 4%, every other game shows an increase, the largest being the game against Livingston with an incredible 42% increase over last seasons two game average.

These increases are undoubtedly down to many aspects of the positivity around our club this season and the commitment of everyone involved.

Sparked by the one stand decision and the efforts of everyone at the club, staff, board, manager and players. New initiatives this season by the club such as engaging with schools, youth groups, kids ticket deals, street stuff, help a buddie etc etc all played their part. Not forgetting the sub contract businesses all providing a service to your club.

As well as the official club initiatives the many volunteer groups have all been driving towards the same cause. These volunteer groups deserve every credit and SMiSA, Marching On, W7, SMDSA, Stadium Volunteer Squad, Front Door Team, Travel Clubs, Fans Council and Pre Match Entertainment are seeing their dedicated efforts over the past few years beginning to bear fruit.

Is this 12% increase good ? It's no bad but we’re not there yet. We want to target at least a 20% increase by the end of this season

As your Supporter Liaison Officers' we want to thank everyone for their undying commitment towards Growing Your Club and for the support and feedback we have received.

Keep Up The Good Work Everyone

figures taken from footballwebpages,co.uk

John White / John Allison / Karin Pointon

The atmosphere against Celtic was electric and without a doubt not having the biggots on both sides contributed greatly.

Their behaviour is disgusting and quit frankly I would not give them any stands given a choice after the bile coming out their mouths. 

No biggots and reduce the cost of a pay at the gate ticket for these games to get the crowds up.

Last week the crowd was larger than for the Celtic game. 

If we are playing well and staying in a good league position then crowds will come. 

10 hours ago, antrin said:

I don’t suppose this incoherent sentence was another non-mistake…?

Nope, it was a mistake, typing too fast & not overlay paying attention. "Surely, most wouldn’t be so backwards as to not enjoy the result" 

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So where do you stand on season ticket holders who choose not to attend ?  Are they holding the club to ransom ? The club already has my money .
I was starting to think twice about going if the club continued with its ridiculous decision to have hordes of bigots behind each goal.

Handing an advantage to a visiting team by putting almost 2500 opposition fans behind our keeper and our defence for 90 minutes is bad enough but when you have to exit the ground and pass among their nasty bigoted hatred to get to your car - and no way of avoiding it that took all the enjoyment out of the day for me . 
As it happens , I couldn’t attend the latest match anyway but I would definitely have gone under the current set up - not entirely sure if I’d have gone under the previous set up. 

8E9ED3C1-DC8A-41B4-8F15-BAF19853E0EC.jpeg

I think they are being needlessly bitter. It's empty seats versus money in the clubs pocket. 

9 hours ago, Kombibuddie said:

Bas,

Yesterday you were saying

your comment doesn't suggest their "rep" is a nice one. No, it is not, but we are where we are in Scottish football unfortunately. If it was up to me, the bigot brothers would not be playing in Scotland. 

Yet you lambast St Mirren supporters for not wanting to attend matches where the same Celtic fans and all the bitterness and shite they bring with them, are at both ends of the ground. Correct, it isn't ideal but I'd rather we took their money. 

It was more enjoyable having 3 stands of home supporters celebrating together. That atmosphere is unlikely to be achieved by having an interuption of away fans in the ends behind both goals. Long may it continue. I would have enjoyed it as much, I imagine if people were being honest, they would as well. image.gif

image.gif

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

And copy your bullshit. 

That's me, a few post on any subject tend to be enough for me.

So yeah, you can't show where you have admitted you were wrong. I could. It isn't very common on here. 

9 hours ago, HSS said:

Sorry Baz,I have agreed with some of your points in the past but you are well wrong in this instance

Quit while you’re behind 

The main point in all this is it is largely opinion (all but fact that we would generate more income with the two stand arrangement). My opinion stands that we should still be taking the bigot brothers for every penny we can. I get it is divisive, I get it is emotive, but sometimes people will just have different opinions and there isn't much that can be done about it. 

7 hours ago, Tommy said:

Had a look at the crowd when we played the bigots last season at home. 

Average around 6400 meaning the support was roughly split down the middle with both teams having 3200 fans. 

By Baz thinking, we should give the West and East stand to them with us filling up the North and South stands. 

That way by giving them around 4800 seats, and us having 3200, the ground would have been sold out and the club would have made more ££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££££  

Surely no sane person would be against that  :rolleyes:

That's not remotely my thinking, don't be ridiculous. 

8 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I used the word despite because of your false claims that you know we would have sold those extra tickets. Even when some of those tickets wouldn't have been available because the tickets would have been sold to the @rsecheeks if you had your way, so those families who bought tickets for that stand would not have had that opportunity.

Or are you now saying we could have sold them twice? 

As with the bigot games last season, any St Mirren fan that wanted to attend the games, would get a ticket. The families could have bought tickets in the main or west stands. 

Really ?  Which part of this are you missing ?    If season ticket holders who have already paid their money chose not to turn up for scum matches , how is the club losing money ?   

I specifically asked where you stand on ST holders not attending , why would that deprive the club of money ?

C661C601-0718-40D5-8977-D5731A9AB3FD.jpeg

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

12 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Read back. 

What about you though, when did you last say you were wrong & apologised on here? 

I don’t keep count. I rarely make errors although engaging with you is a huge mistake. 

I’m sorry. 😂 

16 hours ago, FTOF said:

A few of my mates, who haven't attended in years, went on Saturday.

Simply because they had heard we were playing well.

After Saturday, they probably won't be back.emoji849.png

Like it or not, teams that are playing well and/or are successful attract more fans.

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Its like you cant even accept that the explanation I have given you is a far more convincing argument than a few of your mates. Why would they not return? It was not an awful game by Scottish football standards. Two teams basically pressing and competing every inch of the pitch.

Even the millions that the bigots spend these days does not provide a better product on the park.

There are no Lamberts, Collins, Larssons, Gasgoines, Laudrup, Cooper, McCoist, Souness, etc strutting their stuff.

These friends of yours are probably fair weather supporters who only come out of the woodwork for big games lie cup finals. Thats no big deal.

Me? I could happily take in a game at the Racecourse than watch a EPL game. 

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, it was a mistake, typing too fast & not overlay paying attention. "Surely, most wouldn’t be so backwards as to not enjoy the result" 

I think they are being needlessly bitter. It's empty seats versus money in the clubs pocket. 

So yeah, you can't show where you have admitted you were wrong. I could. It isn't very common on here. 

The main point in all this is it is largely opinion (all but fact that we would generate more income with the two stand arrangement). My opinion stands that we should still be taking the bigot brothers for every penny we can. I get it is divisive, I get it is emotive, but sometimes people will just have different opinions and there isn't much that can be done about it. 

"Overlay" 😂😂😂😂

To think that you called other fans *St Moan*, yet that's all you have done because the club hasn't followed your wishes and the SLO has praised the progress made! 

Boo boy! 😂😂😂

Screenshot_2022-10-19-22-53-54-868-edit_com.android.chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

So…

yet another typing too fast and not OVERLY paying attention.

To be honest, I don’t believe that “typing too fast” really excuses all the utter bollox that you come out with.

eta

ooops 

should have read on a wee bit to see other Buddies registered yet another bazollox….

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

No, no, no, no… bas….

To treat you seriously and try to explain why you’re getting negative feedback, as you obviously are unable to see any ineptitude in your patter….

You don’t escape vindictive responses by playing the “opinion card”.  Or suggesting it's simply emotive or different opinions…

I have previously accepted your weird opinions in various matters as they appeared to be opinions.

in several recent post posts you’ve taken many steps (or a Long March) further by (see above)suggesting we are “needlessly bitter” and suggesting that our opinion on this made us…sigh….  Not as “good” a fan as you.

because you have a insensate, blank space in your head about morality does not make your small-minded pecuniary attitude to being a Buddie acceptable.  Or correct.

Edited by antrin

2 hours ago, bazil85 said:

As with the bigot games last season, any St Mirren fan that wanted to attend the games, would get a ticket. The families could have bought tickets in the main or west stands. 

We're not only talking about family stand ST holders which wouldn't, in itself, make up the numbers. We're talking about extra punters through the gate. You really are having a mare here trying to prove you were right in the face of contrary facts. 

11 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Really ?  Which part of this are you missing ?    If season ticket holders who have already paid their money chose not to turn up for scum matches , how is the club losing money ?   

I specifically asked where you stand on ST holders not attending , why would that deprive the club of money ?

C661C601-0718-40D5-8977-D5731A9AB3FD.jpeg

I didn't say the club was losing money in that circumstance, I said they were being needlessly bitter. As in, if they were using that to protest against not having empty seats. 

11 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I don’t keep count. I rarely make errors although engaging with you is a huge mistake. 

I’m sorry. 😂 

I always take it with a pinch of salt when someone asks me to show where I have admitted error. I have done in the past, but most who have asked this in the past, can't show the same. The irony. 

10 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

"Overlay" 😂😂😂😂

To think that you called other fans *St Moan*, yet that's all you have done because the club hasn't followed your wishes and the SLO has praised the progress made! 

Boo boy! 😂😂😂

You are the one who brought it up out of desperate need to engage with me. Remember you failed in your attempt to stop?

I accepted the vote, it doesn't mean I have changed my opinion on it. Fans voted to stop giving two stands and that rightfully has been respected. Good effort but you are again wrong in your claim. Also, you are one of the most negative fans ever to contribute to BAWA, right in the St Moan HOF. 

10 hours ago, antrin said:

So…

yet another typing too fast and not OVERLY paying attention.

To be honest, I don’t believe that “typing too fast” really excuses all the utter bollox that you come out with.

eta

ooops 

should have read on a wee bit to see other Buddies registered yet another bazollox….

I bet you're fun at parties.

You're welcome to point out any spelling or grammatical errors, I admit it isn't my strong point. I will admit when I have made such a mistake. I personally think it's a wee bit sad to get a semi over spelling/ grammar errors on a fan forum. Petty point scoring even? 🤷‍♂️

9 hours ago, antrin said:

No, no, no, no… bas….

To treat you seriously and try to explain why you’re getting negative feedback, as you obviously are unable to see any ineptitude in your patter….

You don’t escape vindictive responses by playing the “opinion card”.  Or suggesting it's simply emotive or different opinions…

I have previously accepted your weird opinions in various matters as they appeared to be opinions.

in several recent post posts you’ve taken many steps (or a Long March) further by (see above)suggesting we are “needlessly bitter” and suggesting that our opinion on this made us…sigh….  Not as “good” a fan as you.

because you have a insensate, blank space in your head about morality does not make your small-minded pecuniary attitude to being a Buddie acceptable.  Or correct.

I know exactly why I get negative feedback. 

- People being unable to let go of long dead arguments, that practically salivate now when I post

- People who just can't accept different held opinions. 

I have highlighted in your post where you either prove my point or make utterly ridiculous, unfounded and frankly moon howling claims. 

1 minute ago, bazil85 said:

I didn't say the club was losing money in that circumstance, I said they were being needlessly bitter. As in, if they were using that to protest against not having empty seats. 

I always take it with a pinch of salt when someone asks me to show where I have admitted error. I have done in the past, but most who have asked this in the past, can't show the same. The irony. 

You are the one who brought it up out of desperate need to engage with me. Remember you failed in your attempt to stop?

I accepted the vote, it doesn't mean I have changed my opinion on it. Fans voted to stop giving two stands and that rightfully has been respected. Good effort but you are again wrong in your claim. Also, you are one of the most negative fans ever to contribute to BAWA, right in the St Moan HOF. 

I bet you're fun at parties.

You're welcome to point out any spelling or grammatical errors, I admit it isn't my strong point. I will admit when I have made such a mistake. I personally think it's a wee bit sad to get a semi over spelling/ grammar errors on a fan forum. Petty point scoring even? 🤷‍♂️

I know exactly why I get negative feedback. 

- I am unable to let go of long dead arguments, that practically salivate now when I post

- I just can't accept different held opinions. 

I have highlighted in your post where you either prove my point or make utterly ridiculous, unfounded and frankly moon howling claims. 

Fify

You persist in being wrong, stumbling around in a fog.  Myself and others kindly try to guide you towards the light.

38 minutes ago, antrin said:

Fify

You persist in being wrong, stumbling around in a fog.  Myself and others kindly try to guide you towards the light.

You’re wrong though aren’t you? I wasn’t the one who desperately brought this back up.

I also can accept different opinions. Accepting isn’t the same as agreeing, strange you wouldn’t understand that.

People are welcome to their views on the two stand arrangement. I have my opinions about it but I don’t seek to demand they change their mind to agree with me (as you do). Your post yet again proves my point on this. 

Your last point is just arrogant & self congratulatory. 

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You’re wrong though aren’t you? I wasn’t the one who desperately brought this back up.

I also can accept different opinions. Accepting isn’t the same as agreeing, strange you wouldn’t understand that.

People are welcome to their views on the two stand arrangement. I have my opinions about it but I don’t seek to demand they change their mind to agree with me (as you do). Your post yet again proves my point on this. 

Your last point is just arrogant & self congratulatory. 

"desperately brought this back up." 😂😂😂😂😂

In a very positive and optimistic post, I shared the positive and optimistic post of the SLO, an official club representative.

In amongst a review of many positive measures, he referenced his delight at the success of the reclamation of the Family stand for our own supporters, despite many outside our club wishing it to fail.

Since then, I have reposted his review of events on an attempt to return to some positivity.

YOU, Mr Ironic Moany, keep railroading the thread in a desperate attention seeking manner, insisting that everyone else is wrong; you are the only one who is right; and even the club representative has erred in his optimism... After all... We are all moaners except you, our resident ray of sunshine! 😂😂😂

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

"desperately brought this back up." 😂😂😂😂😂

In a very positive and optimistic post, I shared the positive and optimistic post of the SLO, an official club representative.

In amongst a review of many positive measures, he referenced his delight at the success of the reclamation of the Family stand for our own supporters, despite many outside our club wishing it to fail.

Since then, I have reposted his review of events on an attempt to return to some positivity.

YOU, Mr Ironic Moany, keep railroading the thread in a desperate attention seeking manner, insisting that everyone else is wrong; you are the only one who is right; and even the club representative has erred in his optimism... After all... We are all moaners except you, our resident ray of sunshine! 😂😂😂

You are extremely negative, it's very clear. Your posts are far more often miserable & often based on unfounded points. 

But I do agree with you that this thread should be positive, there is a lot of good happening at the club right now. The performance on the park, attendances & the positive impact the new fan ownership model is having on our operational model. 

Why don't we just round of this portion by agreeing to disagree. Your opinion is we were right to move to one stand for the bigots, I still have the opinion we should give them two and take their money (although I feel given the way the fans voted, that absolutely should have been honoured).

Neither right, neither wrong, just opinion :) 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

You are extremely negative, it's very clear. Your posts are far more often miserable & often based on unfounded points. 

But I do agree with you that this thread should be positive, there is a lot of good happening at the club right now. The performance on the park, attendances & the positive impact the new fan ownership model is having on our operational model. 

Why don't we just round of this portion by agreeing to disagree. Your opinion is we were right to move to one stand for the bigots, I still have the opinion we should give them two and take their money (although I feel given the way the fans voted, that absolutely should have been honoured).

I fully accept that we disagree and that despite my positive outlook aligning with that of the majority of fans who voted; the club; the club SLO's; and the vast majority of fans posting on here...

You are within your rights to focus on the negative aspects as you see them; to attack anyone who disagrees (almost everyone else in this thread), and to deflect at every opportunity. I remember when you were good at it. 

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I fully accept that we disagree and that despite my positive outlook aligning with that of the majority of fans who voted; the club; the club SLO's; and the vast majority of fans posting on here...

You are within your rights to focus on the negative aspects as you see them; to attack anyone who disagrees (almost everyone else in this thread), and to deflect at every opportunity. I remember when you were good at it. 

"Oh dear Baz.... How much humble pie can you eat?"

Your ONLY reason for reigniting this thread was to try and get me to change my mind & say I was wrong despite it being an opinion I still hold. You had an agenda and it had nothing to do with spreading positivity, it was to try and say "haha I told you so" despite it not being relevant. 

I don't consider it negative to give them two stands, I consider it positive regarding generating more income (again, my opinion, I don't need you to agree on it). I am also not attacking anyone, I am defending myself and my opinion which I have not changed. 

Yet again, I fully accept the vote & agree we were right to change the approach given the circumstances. But if people want to keep talking down my opinion, I will keep defending it. You don't have the information or capability to change my mind.

I am also the one being attacked (which is fine, people are welcome to do that), it is quite unbelievable you can't see that. 

2 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

"Oh dear Baz.... How much humble pie can you eat?"

Your ONLY reason for reigniting this thread was to try and get me to change my mind & say I was wrong despite it being an opinion I still hold. You had an agenda and it had nothing to do with spreading positivity, it was to try and say "haha I told you so" despite it not being relevant. 

I don't consider it negative to give them two stands, I consider it positive regarding generating more income (again, my opinion, I don't need you to agree on it). I am also not attacking anyone, I am defending myself and my opinion which I have not changed. 

Yet again, I fully accept the vote & agree we were right to change the approach given the circumstances. But if people want to keep talking down my opinion, I will keep defending it. You don't have the information or capability to change my mind.

I am also the one being attacked (which is fine, people are welcome to do that), it is quite unbelievable you can't see that. 

No. It is very believable that you see it that way. 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

And yet bas chose to slag off those fans (like me) with whose opinions he disagreed - those who chose not to share the same air as the bigots and those who believe giving them 2 stands is morally as well as practically and financially flawed.

in much the same way that he mis-categorises my comment above.  Projecting his own arrogance onto others, accusing people with different opinions of wilfully trying to damage the club and hell mend them!

His infinite responses aren’t neutral, they’re laced with malice.