Family Stand

16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Undefeated at home against both.

4 points out of 6.

Attendances high.

Income good.

Baz humiliated, short sighted and seething! 😂😂😂

And imagine all that with the extra income of giving them two stands. Just a shame some of our fans would still rather have empty seats. 🤷‍♂️ 

Strange you’d be against it considering your views that the club is all but financially doomed. 😂

1 hour ago, bazil85 said:

And imagine all that with the extra income of giving them two stands. Just a shame some of our fans would still rather have empty seats. 🤷‍♂️ 

It says a lot about you that you’d rather pander to bigot fans than to St Mirren fans,

Which side are you on, boy? Which side are you on…?

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

It says a lot about you that you’d rather pander to bigot fans than to St Mirren fans,

Which side are you on, boy? Which side are you on…?

That’s nonsense, there is no pandering. We can’t fill the seats, they can. We should be taking them for every penny we can. 

I won’t change my view on this regardless of how many times, obsessed BEK brings it up. 

Edited by bazil85

14 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

I feel much happier and more comfortable with the old firm only having one stand. I think it may also have helped the team performance. Clearly the attendances have been good compared to previous seasons but I do have one question. How does the income compare with previous seasons playing the OF? I don't know how many attending are paying the full whack and how many are freebies or concessions. In short are we losing income even though the attendances are good? It may well be the case that it's worthwhile even if we lose some income . I'd just like to know and will ask the question at the AGM.

This is a long term project with a short term loss imo. I for one have felt the match day atmosphere vs both Celtic & The Rangers to and from the game and in the ground watching the game a much more pleasant experience. Its felt a much safer environment that I would consider taking my kids to.

It's evident on paper that our own support gates are up, whether that is at a lesser monetary value or not I'm not sure.

That is worth it absolutely for me, to the alternative blue or green pound.

We just need to follow through now with a higher league finish etc.

7 hours ago, bazil85 said:

That’s nonsense, there is no pandering. We can’t fill the seats, they can. We should be taking them for every penny we can. 

I won’t change my view on this regardless of how many times, obsessed BEK brings it up. 

Because it's your view doesn't mean anyone who has a different opinion is obsessed any more than you. I think you're in the minority as most on here agree we should NOT move our own supporters and make OUR ground a home match for the bigots. I think the choice directly affected the results v them and the upturn in attendances at other games is, at least in part, down to the board's brave and justified decision.

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

Because it's your view doesn't mean anyone who has a different opinion is obsessed any more than you. I think you're in the minority as most on here agree we should NOT move our own supporters and make OUR ground a home match for the bigots. I think the choice directly affected the results v them and the upturn in attendances at other games is, at least in part, down to the board's brave and justified decision.

Argument was again long finished on this chat before BEK brought it back up out of a desperate need to get an ‘I told you so’. A failed one again I should add. 

Other people are entitled to their opinion on the stand situation but I haven’t seen anything to change mine. 

I understand I’m in the minority after the summers survey & I respect the decision based on the vote. Doesn’t mean I have to agree with the principle of it. 

As for it influencing the results, we’ll never know that I suppose. As someone else said, St Johnstone beat them giving two stands. And Livi drew with them at Ibrox with 50,000 Rangers fans in attendance. 

13 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Argument was again long finished on this chat before BEK brought it back up out of a desperate need to get an ‘I told you so’. A failed one again I should add. 

Other people are entitled to their opinion on the stand situation but I haven’t seen anything to change mine. 

I understand I’m in the minority after the summers survey & I respect the decision based on the vote. Doesn’t mean I have to agree with the principle of it. 

As for it influencing the results, we’ll never know that I suppose. As someone else said, St Johnstone beat them giving two stands. And Livi drew with them at Ibrox with 50,000 Rangers fans in attendance. 

Your “aye, buts” are irrelevant.

Are StMirren fans more pleased with the outcome?  Aye.

Are your h uns more dissatisfied?  Aye

You prefer to pacify them, make them happy rather than Buddies.  Life really isn’t all about money.

You’re not who I hoped you might be.  :(

1. Why I'm I not surprised 

2. That's not the only reason for keeping the family stand 

The argument was again long finished"?

Really?

It was very relevant given the result and the increased crowd.

Keep digging! 😂😂😂

1 hour ago, antrin said:

Your “aye, buts” are irrelevant.

Are StMirren fans more pleased with the outcome?  Aye.

Are your h uns more dissatisfied?  Aye

You prefer to pacify them, make them happy rather than Buddies.  Life really isn’t all about money.

You’re not who I hoped you might be.  :(

Not everyone’s going to agree with your view, this is one of these cases. Get over it. 

23 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

1. Why I'm I not surprised 

2. That's not the only reason for keeping the family stand 

I still think we should have continued with the two stand arrangement, not sure why a few on here are so hell bent on changing that opinion. 

6 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

The argument was again long finished"?

Really?

It was very relevant given the result and the increased crowd.

Keep digging! 😂😂😂

Your only reason for bringing it back up was for an ‘I told you so’ 

And it failed. I would still like to think St Mirren fans would attend these games instead of spiting the club. Believing results would be different is baseless assertion. 

I know you desperately want a win after backing the demise of the club with Kibble on board, but you ain’t finding it here, sorry. :) 

4 hours ago, bazil85 said:

The match day experience in these games has been much better. I think it’s great seeing our support grow too. Having people shifted to accommodate them for more cash does t work for me. I’d take a player less in our squad and pay more to ensure this stays. We should never go back to filling the place to the point where it’s swarming with opposition fans leaving us feeling like the visitors in our home park. St Mirren park is our home and it’s become a good place for our team. Having the majority of the fans on these days has undoubtedly helped us

11 hours ago, norrie82 said:

The match day experience in these games has been much better. I think it’s great seeing our support grow too. Having people shifted to accommodate them for more cash does t work for me. I’d take a player less in our squad and pay more to ensure this stays. We should never go back to filling the place to the point where it’s swarming with opposition fans leaving us feeling like the visitors in our home park. St Mirren park is our home and it’s become a good place for our team. Having the majority of the fans on these days has undoubtedly helped us

If Baz was getting punted out if his seat in the west stand for a bigot, then I am sure he would have a different opinion to the right and wrong of it. 

11 hours ago, norrie82 said:

And you’re entitled to that opinion of course. 

On the 24/10/21 the home attendance against Rangers was 6100 on the 10/4/21 it was 6583.

Saturday attendance was 6358. I don't see that we are losing money by not having them in two stands. In fact I think being unbeaten at home and performances against the old firm are helping us gain fans. 

We are selling a minimum of 1000 tickets a season more than we did in corresponding fixtures outside the old firm . 

I would never let a Celtic fan in to the SMISA again after that vile display of sectarian bile they displayed to disgrace Scottish football. 

Edited by exiledfan

On the 24/10/21 the home attendance against Rangers was 6100 on the 10/4/21 it was 6583.
Saturday attendance was 6358. I don't see that we are losing money by not having them in two stands. In fact I think being unbeaten at home and performances against the old firm are helping us gain fans. 
We are selling a minimum of 1000 tickets a season more than we did in corresponding fixtures outside the old firm . 

The additional 1000 are not all sales as they include many free and at reduced price.

We have increased the number of tickets for schools and groups, where we are trying to gain future buds.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk