Family Stand

When they were given both ends the noise they created was loud as One end would try and out sing the other end and it worked,it was like football song tennis You couldn’t hear yourself think when they were in full flow I can’t believe any St Mirren fan wants to listen to that at a home game

It’s so much better with only one stand 👏👏👏

1 hour ago, HSS said:

When they were given both ends the noise they created was loud as One end would try and out sing the other end and it worked,it was like football song tennis You couldn’t hear yourself think when they were in full flow I can’t believe any St Mirren fan wants to listen to that at a home game

It’s so much better with only one stand 👏👏👏

Well we all know of 1 fan that does want to listen. 

1 hour ago, Warrior Saint said:

If anybody wants to listen to that they are not a Saints fan, the clown who does clearly supports the other side...

Utter bollocks, first off no one ‘wants’ to listen to it. It’s the wrong terminology. Just because people have a view we should be maximising our income, doesn’t mean they aren’t St Mirren fans. What an arrogant claim of superiority.

9 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

What sectarian bile? The Sellick fans were like church mice.

I’m assuming he meant the “If you hate the royal family clap your hands” routine.

I’m not sure that qualifies as sectarian mind you. Certainly unnecessary and certainly undignified, but sectarian? I don’t think so. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’m assuming he meant the “If you hate the royal family clap your hands” routine.

I’m not sure that qualifies as sectarian mind you. Certainly unnecessary and certainly undignified, but sectarian? I don’t think so. 

Anti Royal but not sectarian I actually thought it was very clever what they did 

2 minutes ago, HSS said:

Anti Royal but not sectarian I actually thought it was very clever what they did 

Sadly I have to agree I thought the same, but I still think it was pretty low to use a moment of commemoration to the death of any person to make a political statement against that person. Especially to do it in a way clearly designed to be “funny”. I mean it’s not like they weren’t going to spend the next 90 minutes going on about how much they hate the royal family anyway. 
I would place myself somewhere in between ambivalent and anti monarchy but even I thought that was pretty tasteless.

To repeat though, not sectarian. 

I read it as anti-royalty, not personal abuse.  

So much of the carnival surrounding her death (or any of the ordinary, commonplace events involving that clan… weddings, births, car accidents) are used  to confirm the privileged class structure of the UK.

it’ll all be on show next summer when her eldest son has his glitzy party.

15 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

The additional 1000 are not all sales as they include many free and at reduced price.

We have increased the number of tickets for schools and groups, where we are trying to gain future buds.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

They may not be all monetary sales or at the same price the blue and green were paying, though we are now building up our fan base and improving on the park and the match day experience, so that people will come back again and again. At  a young age, a lot of kids are still unsure who they support if they are not regularly seeing 'their team' play in the flesh. 

Imagine you were a young kid from Paisley or surrounding areas who has been influenced by either side of the green or blue, whether it be through family or being outnumbered at school, though turn up at these games and see us competing and winning these games, instead of being cannon fodder in a hostile environment.

Edited by kevo_smfc

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Before the game there was speculation as to what the Sellick fans would do during the "minutes silence". My plan was to stand with my hands in my pockets.

As a protest, the banner and the chant was genius "Hate" is an absolute and as such I don't hate the royal family but I certainly detest them. Many among you might cite pedantry but I don't give a fuck, in this day and age a civilised society shouldn't have an unelected head of state, and his relatives, drawing tax payers money.

Worse still is that unelected head of state has constitutional powers which, although not exercised in decades, still sit in statute.

I hope Charles goes the way of his predecessor.

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Also the Bonby Sands flag, the pro IRA chants and the group I sit with all clocked it was 40 minutes till they mentioned Celtic in any song. 

8 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Also the Bonby Sands flag, the pro IRA chants and the group I sit with all clocked it was 40 minutes till they mentioned Celtic in any song. 

Right but all of those other things you mention are sadly commonplace at these games. 
I thought you were citing something peculiar to this particular game. 

8 hours ago, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Before the game there was speculation as to what the Sellick fans would do during the "minutes silence". My plan was to stand with my hands in my pockets.

As a protest, the banner and the chant was genius "Hate" is an absolute and as such I don't hate the royal family but I certainly detest them. Many among you might cite pedantry but I don't give a f**k, in this day and age a civilised society shouldn't have an unelected head of state, and his relatives, drawing tax payers money.

Worse still is that unelected head of state has constitutional powers which, although not exercised in decades, still sit in statute.

I hope Charles goes the way of his predecessor.

Not that it matters but isn’t detest an even stronger verb in this context than hate?

Also wouldn’t it be better to say you hate or detest the existence of a royal family. Unless of course you really do detest the individuals involved. In which case fair enough. 

As a protest, the banner and the chant was genius "Hate" is an absolute and as such I don't hate the royal family but I certainly detest them. Many among you might cite pedantry but I don't give a f**k, in this day and age a civilised society shouldn't have an unelected head of state, and his relatives, drawing tax payers money.

Surprised at reading this, I believe the last time I seen you, you were singing God Save The Queen. [emoji44]

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

On 11/16/2022 at 8:33 AM, bazil85 said:

Utter bollocks, first off no one ‘wants’ to listen to it. It’s the wrong terminology. Just because people have a view we should be maximising our income, doesn’t mean they aren’t St Mirren fans. What an arrogant claim of superiority.

Some things are more important than maximising income

We should be concentrating on minimising sectarianism and hatred and a reduced income is worth it for that 

I’d go further and give the OF zero stands

The fact that you are happy to profit from sectarianism and hatred is shameful 

21 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Some things are more important than maximising income

We should be concentrating on minimising sectarianism and hatred and a reduced income is worth it for that 

I’d go further and give the OF zero stands

The fact that you are happy to profit from sectarianism and hatred is shameful 

I don't like the nature of Scottish football, I would like nothing more in the Scottish running of the game than the bigots to p*ss off to England or an Atlantic Leagues. But we are where we are & accept it or not, our club operating at the level it does, is linked to the Glasgow Derby income. This is only about where people draw lines & I am unchanged at giving them two stands to fill our empty seats. 

I accept we voted on it & it was (rightly) changed & I accept other views. That does not mean I will change my opinion. 

14 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Shut up ya fecking halfwit and go support ur old firm.

The "old firm" hasn't existed for over a decade, what are you talking about? 

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/in-your-area/renfrewshire/ethan-erhahon-insists-reducing-rangers-28523300

The most important thing to take from that article...

It almost felt like an away game when they used to have both stands. Now that they’re back to just one and we’ve got three stands, I think it’s a big plus for us as players.

I know a lot of Rangers fans who are complaining about not being able to get a ticket. I get that it’s annoying for them, but it’s our home ground. We want to make it a fortress and make it a hard place to come. Having the three stands has definitely helped towards that.

Just now, Eric Arthur Blair said:

Would also be interesting to hear our keepers thoughts on it.    It can’t be easy having 1600 Neanderthal scum just metres behind you baying for your blood for both halves of the game .   

One of the best decisions the club have made imo.