Family Stand

2 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’ve seen plenty of pages with the throwaway lines of player or two wages and £100k loss but if I am correct , none of this has been presented in any great detail by the club - I may of course be wrong on this and if so ,I’d be happy if you’d point me in the direction of where this detailed information is .

In the Thommo / cup winning period we gave them one stand and didn’t exactly do too badly for players and from what i recall broke even or made a small profit at season ends,  what’s changed ? 🤷‍♂️

Few years back I'm sure the impact was highlighted in a Chairman statement from GLS, not sure what more we would expect to see TBH. 

Again, I just think it defies logic that they'd do this if the money wasn't considerable in the budget. 

Scottish football has generally been a shrinking pond for a long-time. That might move a bit in the opposite directions if the Bigot brothers get into the Champions league next season but financially, I don't think many clubs in the top flight have the same income streams as they did even a decade ago. We didn't even have a sponsor at one point and the one we have now represents a horrific deal that had to be mediated (at cost). 

Same applies here with TV deals, it's massively miss-leading when they say "biggest deal" we've had when you consider the length of the contract, number of matches and financial distribution. Scottish football is paying the price of YEARS of miss-management. 

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Talk about a loaded question intended to get an outcome you want FFS.

The question should be 'should the old form be given two stands? Yes or No'. Neutral, non-emotive and gets a true flavour of feeling on the subject.

However,  'The old firm attendances have provided £x over the last 4 seasons and its just wonderful having their money. We understand this is divisive among supporters but moneymoneymoneymoney!!! So with this in mind, should we continue giving them an extra stand or would you prefer we cut our own throats? I mean, come on, think about it...don't be daft!' Is a loaded question and you know it.

I wouldn't be the one drafting the question though would I? And I never remotely suggested that's how it should be phrased. This is ONLY my view on the subject, until St Mirren fans can fill these seats, we're better taking their money. 

51 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

I wouldn't be the one drafting the question though would I? And I never remotely suggested that's how it should be phrased. This is ONLY my view on the subject, until St Mirren fans can fill these seats, we're better taking their money. 

If we were to offer all away fans (except the two bigot brothers) families and community groups access to the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand at discounted levels it’s possible that the increase in revenue could offset the need to close this stand for home fans at Celtic and Rangers games.

The Paisley Panda and the SLOs do a fantastic job organising events at this stand. Get away fans involved too but FTOF.

St Johnstone do this successfully. This is game against Motherwell this Saturday.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/motherwell-tickets-now-available

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/03/15/next-up-st-johnstone-10/

Currently all u12s tickets are free of charge as long as with a paying adult for home fans in any stand. The family stand adult is £17 with two free u12s.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

If we were to offer all away fans (except the two bigot brothers) families and community groups access to the Tony Fitzpatrick Family Stand at discounted levels it’s possible that the increase in revenue could offset the need to close this stand for home fans at Celtic and Rangers games.

The Paisley Panda and the SLOs do a fantastic job organising events at this stand. Get away fans involved too but FTOF.

St Johnstone do this successfully. This is game against Motherwell this Saturday.

https://www.perthstjohnstonefc.co.uk/news/article/motherwell-tickets-now-available

https://www.motherwellfc.co.uk/2022/03/15/next-up-st-johnstone-10/

Currently all u12s tickets are free of charge as long as with a paying adult for home fans in any stand. The family stand adult is £17 with two free u12s.

It's okay to discuss these possible solutions but for me, if it was this easy to raise additional revenue, all clubs would do it. Take the points on St Johnstone & Motherwell but I would be very surprised if the revenue could offset the bigot brothers games. 

We also do similar regarding young people incentives already, such as what you've mentioned. 

3 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It's okay to discuss these possible solutions but for me, if it was this easy to raise additional revenue, all clubs would do it. Take the points on St Johnstone & Motherwell but I would be very surprised if the revenue could offset the bigot brothers games. 

We also do similar regarding young people incentives already, such as what you've mentioned. 

Do you have kids Bazil? If so you would know how much it costs to go to certain grounds. It’s horrific. It puts people off going. We need to do more to increase the footfall and encourage life long supporters. 
It’s St Johnstone vs Motherwell.
Motherwell charge £28 for an adult and two kids, but kids are only £3 per match at Fir Park.
St Johnstone usually take in £1M extra revenue that St Mirren. They are a club we should be looking to emulate.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Do you have kids Bazil? If so you would know how much it costs to go to certain grounds. It’s horrific. It puts people off going. We need to do more to increase the footfall and encourage life long supporters. 
It’s St Johnstone vs Motherwell.
Motherwell charge £28 for an adult and two kids, but kids are only £3 per match at Fir Park.
St Johnstone usually take in £1M extra revenue that St Mirren. They are a club we should be looking to emulate.

I don't disagree, I just think it's a bit of a separate issue. 

16 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

Why is filling the family stand a separate issue from giving up the family stand because it is not filled? emoji50.pngemoji2959.png

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

One is filling the stand with bigot brother supporters, one is filling it with our own fans. In an ideal world we would be doing the latter but if it was that easy to do, all clubs would do it. 

One is filling the stand with bigot brother supporters, one is filling it with our own fans. In an ideal world we would be doing the latter but if it was that easy to do, all clubs would do it. 
That last sentence is, in my opinion, a cop out.

We shouldn't try?

3 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

That last sentence is, in my opinion, a cop out.

We shouldn't try?

I wouldn’t say we aren’t trying. Some good stuff happening at the club in that sense. Singing section in the family stand today for example. 

14 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Regularly.

"if it was that easy to do, all clubs would do it."

So, not at all that we shouldn’t aim higher, just that it’s factually difficult to drastically increase attending fan numbers? 🤷‍♂️

So, not at all that we shouldn’t aim higher, just that it’s factually difficult to drastically increase attending fan numbers? [emoji2369]
Beep beep beep beep
Warning... Poster reversing.
Yet again.

What a mare you're having.[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

4 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Beep beep beep beep
Warning... Poster reversing.
Yet again.

What a mare you're having.emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

But you were wrong in what you claimed I was saying. 🤷‍♂️

You’re really desperate to show me backtracking aren’t you? Maybe one day :) 

3 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

"if it was that easy to do, all clubs would do it."

© boo boy Baz!

"if it was that easy to do, all clubs would do it." Now suddenly means we should never aim higher. 😂😂

Any more spin you’ll give yourself a headache :) 

"if it was that easy to do, all clubs would do it." Now suddenly means we should never aim higher. [emoji23][emoji23]
Any more spin you’ll give yourself a headache [emoji4] 
Beautiful 360 there Baz.

Glad to have you onside at last.

Saints should aim higher.

You don't criticize Fitzy for believing so, but I'm the baddy for not accepting less than I believe we are capable of!

7 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Beautiful 360 there Baz.

Glad to have you onside at last.

Saints should aim higher.

You don't criticize Fitzy for believing so, but I'm the baddy for not accepting less than I believe we are capable of!

Surely a 360 would still have me pointing in the same direction 😏

I believe we can improve on and off the park, in the short-term though, probably not to the extent where we have enough St Mirren fans to fill the family stand and stop the bigots getting the seats. That’s been my consistent view.

You don’t have to agree with me but you don’t have the capacity to change my opinion on that. 

Surely a 360 would still have me pointing in the same direction [emoji57]
I believe we can improve on and off the park, in the short-term though, probably not to the extent where we have enough St Mirren fans to fill the family stand and stop the bigots getting the seats. That’s been my consistent view.

You don’t have to agree with me but you don’t have the capacity to change my opinion on that. 
A 360 has you spinning in circles dafty

Of course nobody can change your opinion.

You are blindly entrenched!

You don't think we should aim higher.

I understand your lack of ambition.

Just now, BuddieinEK said:

A 360 has you spinning in circles dafty

Of course nobody can change your opinion.

You are blindly entrenched!

You don't think we should aim higher.

I understand your lack of ambition.

I’m open to arguments to change my opinions. If you actually have one that could see us getting a good chunk more St Mirren fan bums on seats at games, I’m all ears. 

That also goes regarding your views on the Kibble & arguments that the partnership should in some way be terminated. 👍

As for the rest of your post, mix of spin & lies.