St Johnstone v St Mirren

Rascal

Can't help but think we need to get another option in upfront in January. For all Main tries,  for me he's simply not good enough and will never hit a decent amount of goals for us. 

We should try and offload 2 or possibly 3 of our strikers and try and some better quality in. At the moment this all that's holding us back from having a very decent season. 

Easier said than done. 

40 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's all a bit close, only takes a couple of wins and we can leap up, on the other hand, that applies to most teams in the bottom 8.............

image.thumb.png.e829f4fa092ab6f1339464df11990533.png

I can’t think of any games where our results haven’t been a fair reflection of the games this season.

In saying that, there’s been a good number of games where we’ve had enough of the play to be in a position to win the game but we’ve just not done enough in the final 3rd (today) or lost goals despite being comfortable for most of the match (Motherwell away). 

I don’t think we’ve robbed a result from anyone this season. Would easily say that we dropped 2 points for in each of the matches away to Dundee, Motherwell and St.Johnstone now. 

Win even 2 of those and we’re sitting 5th. Win all 3 and we’re 4th.  

We can’t keep letting points slip or it’ll be another missed chance for top 6. 

Decent performance today. How we didn't win it I'll never know. Flynn and Power were excellent in midfield. But we miss that killer pass. Agree with previous post Tait is the best option at RWB. Hard to pick a MOM. But gonna go for Alan Power. Even tho he was booked early he still won most of his battles. But to be fair. Past marks for all. Coys

8 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Couldn’t make the game today & not a dodgy stream in sight (plus social media coverage pretty limited), how was the first half? 

Just for your future needs... I pay for games when available, but because I reside in Engerland it's na allowed, so I use Front row sports or VIPbox, both worked fine today although they don't always.

So, while yesterday was a bit disappointing it was certainly much better than the last game against Dundee.

That's what was required, we certainly didn't want to lose yesterday or put in another dreadful performance.

Livingston up next, quite hard to say how this will go as they have had some decent results recently, only lost one from the last 5. 

I agree that our play yesterday was an improvement on the Dundee game, but failure to make and take decent chances, despite having the majority of the possession and territory, cost us 2 points. 

This type of performance, which we've seen on several occasions now, threatens to turn our season into a mediocre one instead of being one where we can make real progress.

It seems clear now, if it wasn't before, that the problem lies with the strikers. We need at least one striker who is of the same calibre as our other outfield players (McGrath, Ronan, McCarthy, Power etc.). But not so easy to find someone of that quality.

Edited by pondsman

I think Brophy can be that striker but why do we persist with Main when Brophy is unavailable? I know he had a few attempts yesterday but I never expect him to score. He lacks a killer instinct and sharpness. Dennis would be my second choice if Brophy is unfit. And as an aside I checked the clock yesterday when Dennis was brought on - 89mins and 12 secs. What the hell is the guy supposed to do in 48secs? As soon as Kane went off I thought we would bring him on as we didn't need two defensive midfielders against no forwards.

11 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS.

Mrs coming up to Scotland that Saturday. I says book me a flight too and I’ll go to the St. Mirren game. 
Following Saturday the flight back is at 7am so can’t even go to the cup game. 
As Tedious Tom would say…..FFS! FFS indeed. 

Cup Weekend

Our Tie maybe on Friday.

All is not lost.

Edited by shull

24 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

FFS.

Mrs coming up to Scotland that Saturday. I says book me a flight too and I’ll go to the St. Mirren game. 
Following Saturday the flight back is at 7am so can’t even go to the cup game. 
As Tedious Tom would say…..FFS! FFS indeed. 

The players will be over the moon, less booing. :lol:

suddenly thought I had better clarify HOW to use them sites, you have lots of red x to cancel and its frustrating to say the leas,t takes a good 5 to 10 minutes to get done sometimes and you need to disable your protection for the time to allow it to happen, so you do get some dodgy links......don't get distracted by them :).