Jump to content

St Mirren V Livingston 20th Nov


fmckinn
 Share

Recommended Posts


Absolutely honking performance. At half time the club should have sent people round to give the punters half their money back. Never improved much in the 2nd. We are dire at home. One win at home in the league against 10 men. If either team had won the game 1.0 it would have been a smash n grab cos both were equally as bad as each other. Only good thing was the goals. 2 good strikes to be fair. Not even gonna the ref cos they are piss poor every week. How he missed the pen at the end god only knows.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

How much longer can Goodwin persist with Curtis Main, even as a substitute ? The guy's just a non-trier. I'd be happy if we could move him on in January. 

Problem is I think it will be Erwin and Dennis out the door before Main. Main does try, it's just he isn't very good. Erwin, well is just Erwin and unfortunately age wise I wouldn't think Dennis will get another contract with us.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, munoz said:

Thought it was a penalty at the time, as the whole ground did also. Shocking decision. 

The sooner VAR happens the better.  Scottish refs are simply not good enough. 

I see Goodwin didn't think it was a penalty because he supposedly headed it onto his arm. I'm not 100% convinced. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, munoz said:

Thought it was a penalty at the time, as the whole ground did also. Shocking decision. 

The sooner VAR happens the better.  Scottish refs are simply not good enough. 

Thought Steven McLean was exellant today. Maybe a bit of debate about wether a pen or not in last minute but other than he was decent.

Scottish refs are no different to any others. Every referee would welcome Var, its a no brainer

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, lenziebud said:

Thought Steven McLean was exellant today. Maybe a bit of debate about wether a pen or not in last minute but other than he was decent.

Scottish refs are no different to any others. Every referee would welcome Var, its a no brainer

Our refs are pish. A difficult job, but pish.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, abersgonnygetye said:

....and many thanks to the 79 Livi fans who made it along today.

Was actually going to pick up on that before you posted, a shocking amount of away support(even though I didn't know how many) imo. I'd say even my local team being workington afc take more to away games and thats very non league.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

McGrath's wonder goal masked our continuing failure to craft and score goals. And he'll be gone in January. What then?

Can't fault the players for effort but we simply didn't have the guile in the final third. Tried to play through a big, strong defence, but it just wasn't going to work.

I'm no tactician, but why was Brophy playing as lone striker in a home game against a team below us in the league? We need to be more attacking than that, surely?

Draw takes us to 6th but teams below us now have games in hand and, Ross County apart, we have some tough games coming up. Think we might look back on the last few weeks as the spell that could have cemented our position in the top 6. So many chances missed which could have turned draws into wins!

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, pondsman said:

McGrath's wonder goal masked our continuing failure to craft and score goals. And he'll be gone in January. What then?

Can't fault the players for effort but we simply didn't have the guile in the final third. Tried to play through a big, strong defence, but it just wasn't going to work.

I'm no tactician, but why was Brophy playing as lone striker in a home game against a team below us in the league? We need to be more attacking than that, surely?

Draw takes us to 6th but teams below us now have games in hand and, Ross County apart, we have some tough games coming up. Think we might look back on the last few weeks as the spell that could have cemented our position in the top 6. So many chances missed which could have turned draws into wins!

Three CH's, two defenders as wing backs, and two non-creative midfielders.

Defensive you say?

There's the problem.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...