Scottish Cup 4th Round - 22 January 2022

W6er

With the draw being done two weeks today, who would you want? Obviously until the third round ties are played it's uncertain who will be in the hat, however I would like the following away from home (ranked in order of preference):

1. Greenock Morton

2. Partick Thistle

3. Queen's Park

4. Airdrieonians

5. Albion Rovers

6. Clyde

7. Stirling Albion

8. Falkirk

Away games are more fun & we make more noise. Plus we get half the gate money. 🙂

For obvious reasons I would be looking to avoid any Premiership side, Inverness CT or Peterhead.

@faraway saint will presumably be hoping we're drawn away to Arbroath.

I'm guessing @shull would fancy some obscure club like Gala Fairydean Rovers. 

2 hours ago, W6er said:

With the draw being done two weeks today, who would you want? Obviously until the third round ties are played it's uncertain who will be in the hat, however I would like the following away from home (ranked in order of preference):

1. Greenock Morton

2. Partick Thistle

3. Queen's Park

4. Airdrieonians

5. Albion Rovers

6. Clyde

7. Stirling Albion

8. Falkirk

Away games are more fun & we make more noise. Plus we get half the gate money. 🙂

For obvious reasons I would be looking to avoid any Premiership side, Inverness CT or Peterhead.

Good post.

Any of those Clubs in your list would be ideal for an away tie.

Been to a few over the decades for the Scottish Cup where the atmosphere has been fantastic.

Fir Park, Cappielow, Somerset Park and the old Broomfield where we won 5-0 in the early 1980's. Great times.

6 hours ago, shull said:

Good post.

Any of those Clubs in your list would be ideal for an away tie.

Been to a few over the decades for the Scottish Cup where the atmosphere has been fantastic.

Fir Park, Cappielow, Somerset Park and the old Broomfield where we won 5-0 in the early 1980's. Great times.

I forgot Ayr, actually! That's a good shout, Shull.

I wouldn't fancy Kilmarnock, as they're playing well and full of confidence and it'd essentially be like playing a Premiership side. Plus we have played them so many times during the last few seasons, so there would be no novelty aspect.

2 hours ago, pod said:

Take on any team at home. 

The Old Firm, Hearts or Hibs?! I mean, if we're going to win it we need to beat these kind of clubs, but personally I fancy an away day at a local ground we don't usually visit.

Worst of all is a tough tie to a less prestigious Premiership side. Imagine drawing Livingstone or Ross County...and then going out after an insipid performance, like the recent one against Dundee.

On 11/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, W6er said:

1. Greenock Morton

2. Partick Thistle

3. Queen's Park

4. Airdrieonians

5. Albion Rovers

6. Clyde

7. Stirling Albion

8. Falkirk

Any team that are on a bad run, that takes out Arbroath. :wink:

23 hours ago, shull said:

Banks O'Dee v St Mirren

My Ideal Draw for the Fourth Round.

I thought it would be something like that, Shull. With a ground capacity of 876, according to Wikipedia, I imagine we'd play the game at Pittodrie or Cove Rangers' stadium, or else we'd be limited to 250 tickets.

For me it's Ayr away. What's the betting we draw Morton/ICT away and end up having to go to Inverness?

On 11/14/2021 at 1:12 AM, W6er said:

1. Greenock Morton

2. Partick Thistle

3. Queen's Park

4. Airdrieonians

5. Albion Rovers

6. Clyde

7. Stirling Albion

8. Falkirk

Morton. Falkirk or Stirling Albion for me