Heart of Midlothian v St Mirren Premiership 27/11/21

shull

Just now, Scott-Leeds said:

We are far from the ‘must win’ scenario

Obviously, beating teams beneath us is a requirement to avoid being dragged into a relegation situation

We are MILES away from that

Losing 2-0 away to a team in second place will not define our season

That was my point, lose against County and its going to be a relegation battle for us especially with the games we have coming up in December. We need some wins pronto. 

6 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

If there's such a thing as a good defeat that was it today as we played some good football!

A poor defeat, on the other hand, is when we lose and play poorly.

Either way - it's zero points.

To be fair we play good football most weeks. But good football doesn’t win you points. Scoring goals and winning games gets you points. 
We’ve been pretty shit at both of those things this season. 

The quality of performances are now becoming less important than gaining points. 
We're currently on a downward spiral and we desperately need to register a few wins. We're in danger of stumbling into a relegation battle. We must turn a corner before the end of 2021.
Worrying !!!
I genuinely don't believe it's a "downward spiral" as such... More a kick in the nuts from which we will recover.

Stick together.

The team and fans United will turn this around.

We are so close to being a credible top six team.

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To be fair we play good football most weeks. But good football doesn’t win you points. Scoring goals and winning games gets you points. 
We’ve been pretty shit at both of those things this season. 

One win in the last seven league games, not much good football IMO, but, aye, we are struggling to score, one goal in the last 4 league games confirms that. 

As I mentioned, the league is really bunching up, 8 points between bottom and sixth, with every one of these teams having at least one game in hand.

One win in the last seven league games, not much good football IMO, but, aye, we are struggling to score, one goal in the last 4 league games confirms that. 
As I mentioned, the league is really bunching up, 8 points between bottom and sixth, with every one of these teams having at least one game in hand.
But what about the weather?

Stick to talking about things you know best. [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I genuinely don't believe it's a "downward spiral" as such... More a kick in the nuts from which we will recover.

Stick together.

The team and fans United will turn this around.

We are so close to being a credible top six team.

Can’t agree with that at all.    3 points from 18 so woeful form and in my eyes would constitute a downward spiral.

we need to start converting chances , our strikers have been gash I’m afraid.  

675621ED-DF31-42A3-94FF-0FBA7F4F858F.jpeg

Can’t agree with that at all.    3 points from 18 so woeful form and in my eyes would constitute a downward spiral.
we need to start converting chances , our strikers have been gash I’m afraid.  

675621ED-DF31-42A3-94FF-0FBA7F4F858F.jpeg.8d8bebef310532d7270710114bd55fb2.jpeg
I respect your opinion...

But still disagree .

It's a poor return.
Disappointing outcome.

Not yet a downward spiral.

That's panic talk imo.

I believe we will turn this around.

5 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

I respect your opinion...

But still disagree .

It's a poor return.
Disappointing outcome.

Not yet a downward spiral.

That's panic talk imo.

I believe we will turn this around.

I really hope you’re right .
The December schedule doesn’t look kind to us and its difficult to see where points will come from . 

2 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Does the club have the resources to get a good striking coach in for 3 months?  Maybe SMISA could share the bill?  It's the only way that we will possibly get anuthing out of the current crop of strikers.

I don't think a striking coach would make any difference to a strikeforce that's probably all over 25. If they aren't natural now, they'll never be.

2 minutes ago, rabuddies said:

Gary Player once said "The harder I practise, the luckier I get."   It certainly did him no harm.  

But we're not a golfing team, apples and oranges, no real comparison IMO. 

Oh, Gary Player was one of the most talented golfers in the world, plenty "journeymen" golfers practice till their finger bleed and don't get any better.

You can't polish a turd. :wink:

18 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

You could say that about any club at any level, that's a poor excuse....  whoever signed Lee Erwin on a 2 year deal... 1 goal at Ross County should never be allowed anywhere near our recruitment...  

it is the case for every club at our level, most struggle. Goodwin is far from the worst regarding his signing of players. 

What I would say though, we are clearly missing the job Gus was doing before the pandemic. 

Would like to see us try 4-4-1-1 formation with Dennis in front of Brophy. Brophy holds the ball up well, can run the channels links up well but is not a penalty box striker. Would prefer to play him as a no. 10 with Jamie at left midfield and ronan out right midfield. Current formation now too predictable and by having dennis in front of Brophy will maybe give brophy more space and options to link with midfield, a more advanced player or to create space for shots for him. Main unfortunately doesn't offer much for me and Dennis is prob most natural finisher we have inside the box. 

Goodwin publicly stating we need to trim squad. A few passengers in the squad need to go and likely that Jamie will be away so prob 4 out and 2 in imo.