Attendances

Does anyone know what our attendances have been this season. Are people not coming to games in the same numbers? I’m just asking Must  yesterday’s crowd must be a huge concern for the board. I’ve noticed that our crowds haven’t been announced this season nor in the paper until yesterday 

Edited by norrie82

Does anyone know what our attendances have been this season. Are people not coming to games in the same numbers? I’m just asking Must  yesterday’s crowd must be a huge concern for the board. I’ve noticed that our crowds haven’t been announced this season nor in the paper until yesterday 
After watching that rubbish yesterday who is going to be attracted to watch that sort football in the freezing cold. Only the die hards will go week on week. Time to change to summer football. Put a good product on the park and punters may come back.

3 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Noticed big reduction in numbers in the Main stand

9 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

No sure where you got them figures but there complete nonsense... 

Celtic =  19.660.... 

All of them or just Celtic?

It didn't look right but I wasn't sure if some of their homw games we're under covid restrictions? 

https://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/scottish-premiership/attendances

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Average numbers would be higher if Hearts fans were allowed in on our 1st home league game. 

Around the same time, 2000 Hibs fans were allowed into Fir Park. 

Did Mr Needham,  current Chairman of our club, ever explain the reason which lost us an income of minimum £20,000.00 but would suggest closer to £40,000.00? I cannot find an answer but may be he left an explanation on twitter.

I'm not going to games, at the moment...
Here are some reasons that might apply to me and perhaps others?

No thanks or recognition, none whatsoever, for season long financial outlay during season of no attendance, (didn't watch online)
No invitation, email or otherwise, to renew season ticket,
#INYOUWETRUST is crass, 
Red zone and restricted attendance shambles,
No contact to advise if I did by a season ticket my seat was not available because of the red zone,
No contact to advise if I did by a season ticket , because of the red zone, I would be moved to somewhere else,
No contact to advise the red zone is no longer in place and I can have my seat as normal,
Both ends of the ground being allocated to an away team,
St Mirren Directors being supporters of other (Glasgow) clubs,
SMISA appointment of Directors without a members vote,
Shambolic organisation of club services, 
Rumours of Directors infighting, power struggle,
Dissatisfaction with Kibble or ownership structure,
It's too cold,
Football is not very good,
COVID is still an issue,
Other things taking priority now,

Just some thoughts... take your pick,
No doubt I'll be back, one day soon, don't know when though...

1 hour ago, hamlet said:

Did Mr Needham,  current Chairman of our club, ever explain the reason which lost us an income of minimum £20,000.00 but would suggest closer to £40,000.00? I cannot find an answer but may be he left an explanation on twitter.

I wouldn't know since being an old fart, i don't do twitter.

I did noticed how empty outside the ground was just prior to k/o with nobody buying a ticket or waiting to get in at the turnstiles to get in. (West Stand)

The walk along Underwood Rd and Greenhill Rd itself would put fans off due to the state of the pavements.

Unless driving, the ground is in a horrible place for fans arriving on foot compared to Love St. 

13 minutes ago, garzo said:

I'm not going to games, at the moment...
Here are some reasons that might apply to me and perhaps others?

No thanks or recognition, none whatsoever, for season long financial outlay during season of no attendance, (didn't watch online)
No invitation, email or otherwise, to renew season ticket,
#INYOUWETRUST is crass, 
Red zone and restricted attendance shambles,
No contact to advise if I did by a season ticket my seat was not available because of the red zone,
No contact to advise if I did by a season ticket , because of the red zone, I would be moved to somewhere else,
No contact to advise the red zone is no longer in place and I can have my seat as normal,
Both ends of the ground being allocated to an away team,
St Mirren Directors being supporters of other (Glasgow) clubs,
SMISA appointment of Directors without a members vote,
Shambolic organisation of club services, 
Rumours of Directors infighting, power struggle,
Dissatisfaction with Kibble or ownership structure,
It's too cold,
Football is not very good,
COVID is still an issue,
Other things taking priority now,

Just some thoughts... take your pick,
No doubt I'll be back, one day soon, don't know when though...

Sat was only my 2nd game of the season for a lot of the reasons you have said. 

Certainly won't be going midweek for the Ross C or Celtic games so pending on the weather, Hibs might be the only other game i see this year. 

As a season ticket holder I decided work Saturday and glad I did from what I’ve read ,plus freezing cold.I couldn’t get enthusiastic for Livi, I’ve also missed a few other games this season for same reason or because I decided do something else. Not sure if I will go midweek game with County. Is it apathy ? I’m not sure but previous seasons always looked forward to games now I’m no bothered .

2 hours ago, munoz said:

I've more or less given up on away games this season (so far), which is probably down to Covid and apathy. Have been to all home games and will continue to. 

Pretty much my situation, other than attending home games v the vile bigots. 

Other than Killie, Hamilton, 'Well, and occasionally Livingston, I hadn't been attending away games pre-covid anyway.

Two of them are now in the championship, so that narrows it down to two possibilities. I had other things on for both the other two away possibilities mentioned, so didn't go.

If the last two years have taught me anything, it's that there are far more important things to be doing on a Saturday than spending 5 or 6 hours travelling to and attending a football match.

Edited by FTOF

10 minutes ago, FTOF said:

If the last two years have taught me anything, it's that there are far more important things to be doing on a Saturday than spending 5 or 6 hours travelling to and attending a football match.

One, not the only one, of the main reasons I don't attend "home" fixtures.

Edited by faraway saint