Attendances

I have decided against my better judgement to head to Tynecastle on Saturday.  Called the ticket office only to be told that they don’t/can’t post tickets out, they aren’t available online, no cash turnstiles and that I would need to collect them in person which would entail a roughly a 120 mile round trip to do this.

It really shouldn’t be that difficult to purchase tickets.  Clubs, not just ours, need to waken up and realise that we are customers and we can walk away as a few have done since the pandemic started.

16 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I have decided against my better judgement to head to Tynecastle on Saturday.  Called the ticket office only to be told that they don’t/can’t post tickets out, they aren’t available online, no cash turnstiles and that I would need to collect them in person which would entail a roughly a 120 mile round trip to do this.

It really shouldn’t be that difficult to purchase tickets.  Clubs, not just ours, need to waken up and realise that we are customers and we can walk away as a few have done since the pandemic started.

The club is not functioning  in any department  at the moment , seems to rudderless,  time for new chairman/CEO

3 hours ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I know you shouldn't have to, but maybe worth phoning Hearts and explain the problem. Sure they won't be happy at the lost of income due to our club being run poorly. If anything, it might embarrass our club to get the finger out. Looked to me we have the worst chairman and worst ceo in my time supporting them. 

I know you shouldn't have to, but maybe worth phoning Hearts and explain the problem. Sure they won't be happy at the lost of income due to our club being run poorly. If anything, it might embarrass our club to get the finger out. Looked to me we have the worst chairman and worst ceo in my time supporting them. 
It's Hearts that supply the tickets and decide if there will be a cash turnstile.

What SMFC are doing due to the problems with delays of mail getting delivered, is not taking the chance of taking money off punters and them not getting the tickets for the game.

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

So SMFC is to blame for the problems with Hearts tickets. emoji1787.png

The ticket office have the tickets but they just won’t post them out so that really isn’t the fault of Hearts.  I have bought batches of tickets in the past for several away games and have always had them delivered promptly so it does appear that there has been a change of policy by SMFC about posting tickets out.

Like I stated in my original post I was making the point that clubs generally need to up their attitude towards fans e.g. issuing of e-tickets would solve the situation I referred to.  I wouldn’t imagine that members of Wick Loyal or Lerwick Emerald supporter clubs would be too pleased if they were told that the had to pick up tickets in person for any match 

11 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

It's Hearts that supply the tickets and decide if there will be a cash turnstile.

What SMFC are doing due to the problems with delays of mail getting delivered, is not taking the chance of taking money off punters and them not getting the tickets for the game.

Hearts have cash turnstiles for home fans but not providing one for away fans is another example of how clubs treat all fans.  Maybe their interest free loans mean that for a little while clubs can turn down additional income.

There are ways to eliminate potential loss of tickets in the post - the initial issue of SMFC season tickets was by barcoded emails.

Edited by 3 moffat buds

14 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Well maybe the club could ask Hearts if they could open a pay gate due to fans living a long way from Paisley and with post delays they don't want to risk posting tickets out. Chances are they haven't since that would mean someone at the club thinking about our fans. 

44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

I agree with your comments on the way the club is managed at the moment.  I have now arranged to have someone collect the tickets and I will go to the game via Glasgow to pick them up.  

23 minutes ago, 3 moffat buds said:

I agree with your comments on the way the club is managed at the moment.  I have now arranged to have someone collect the tickets and I will go to the game via Glasgow to pick them up.  

Good for you and hopefully you will enjoy your day. 

Unless you were planning that route, is it possible to get them to someone travelling to the game.

Still find it hard to believe that it can't be done electronically, either by using a smart phone or by printing out at home.

16 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Unless you were planning that route, is it possible to get them to someone travelling to the game.

Still find it hard to believe that it can't be done electronically, either by using a smart phone or by printing out at home.

Using my bus pass to get the game so via Glasgow it is - after all you can take the boy out of Paisley but you can’t……etc, etc.

Four months on and nothing has improved. 

1.you can’t get through to the club as nobody answers the phones. 

2. To buy a ticket living  fair distance away is a nightmare. People have no chance of getting one with this nonsensical format of having to go to the ticket office. 
3. When you do turn up there is no que but still you need to wait 10 mins watching the only staff member fails to acknowledge me whilst on a phone call? I mean what is that all about. 

4. when entering the shop to buy some kits your told we only have A handful of gk kits and we aren’t getting anymore. I mean a premier league club with say six kits and no socks to go with them. So how many children will want the kit but will be disappointed. Only last season all 3 colours were available? What again is going on. I also couldn’t get a five year old a pair of home shorts today? It’s absolutely terrible that our club is not capable of doing better.

5 The panda club was meant to return v Dundee then it was Livingston and now it’s Hibs. Unbelievable that a premier league club can’t get this sorted and worse still communicate this ? My son was left not knowing if it was on or off against Dundee ? Young fan disappointed and we can’t afford this.  

The chairman said on sept 6 we are listening and we will improve ? I mean even the pie stalls have a limited menu these days. No burgers or hot dogs for the kids. How much cash are we losing .

Also I believe people are not attending in the same numbers. Sure many reasons but how many have we lost because of the absolutely terrible customer service and fan experience we offer. 

Really, cause according to yourself

3. When you do turn up there is no que but still you need to wait 10 mins watching the only staff member fails to acknowledge me whilst on a phone call? I mean what is that all about.

And....

Called the ticket office only to be told that they don’t/can’t post tickets out,

[emoji1787]

10 hours ago, norrie82 said:

2. To buy a ticket living  fair distance away is a nightmare. People have no chance of getting one with this nonsensical format of having to go to the ticket office. 

4. when entering the shop to buy some kits your told we only have A handful of gk kits and we aren’t getting anymore. I mean a premier league club with say six kits and no socks to go with them. So how many children will want the kit but will be disappointed. Only last season all 3 colours were available? What again is going on. I also couldn’t get a five year old a pair of home shorts today? It’s absolutely terrible that our club is not capable of doing better.

5 The panda club was meant to return v Dundee then it was Livingston and now it’s Hibs. Unbelievable that a premier league club can’t get this sorted and worse still communicate this ? My son was left not knowing if it was on or off against Dundee ? Young fan disappointed and we can’t afford this.  

The chairman said on sept 6 we are listening and we will improve ? I mean even the pie stalls have a limited menu these days. No burgers or hot dogs for the kids. How much cash are we losing .

Also I believe people are not attending in the same numbers. Sure many reasons but how many have we lost because of the absolutely terrible customer service and fan experience we offer. 

I wish to say the people working are trying hard but simple things like posting tickets etc would help . Obviously there’s not enough staff to man The phones Etc 

15 hours ago, norrie82 said:

Hopefully  the SLO s will take this up at next meeting?

On 11/22/2021 at 6:09 PM, munoz said:

I've more or less given up on away games this season (so far), which is probably down to Covid and apathy. Have been to all home games and will continue to. 

It's good to go to both, pal. I love away games more than home ones. Will not go to Tynecastle as they're implementing the vaccine passport, not that they have any choice.